Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,260 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,937
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » Kickstarter trending and statistics

11 Pages First « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Search
210 posts found
  Wickedjelly

Apprentice Member

The Dude abides

4/27/13 2:48:05 AM#161
Originally posted by Danwarr
Originally posted by redcapp
Guys, the demo today was a *networking tech demo*.  Keep in in context, yeah?

It doesn't matter what we say, people will still think that is what the game is supposed to be like at release.

CSE has an amazing team and has done some amazing things in the last few weeks, but not that many people care because they are too dumb to understand what is actually going on.

Lol

Yes...the game may not reach its two million mark because people are just too stupid. Nice logic there.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

muffins89

Hard Core Member

4/27/13 3:05:01 AM#162

if any other company showed that video,  let's say for example Funcom.  they would be the laughing stock of this forum for years.  wether it's a "tech demo" or not.  that video did them no good,  from a marketing stand point.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

Sornin

Novice Member

Too weird to live, and too rare to die

4/27/13 4:12:25 AM#163

Though I do not agree with the tone nor the motives of most of the people attacking the networking tech demo, I do agree that it is not what Camelot Unchained needs right now.

I am not sure why CSE continually is "preaching to the choir" instead of seeking out new backers. These demos are something only fans who already pledged are going to get excited about. Now, I will grant that different teams do different things, so this may not take away from the team working on lore or combat or art. However, there has not been enough about RvR and combat, and time is running out.

I think players want to see videos, or at least design documents, about RvR, the horizontal progression scheme, and class theory and design. It does not all have to be set in stone, but seeing Mark just discussing ideas so potential backers can see a general direction would be nice. We are 25 days in and thing this game is about - RvR - has been the least dicussed thing.

How will territory control work? What are people fighting to achieve? How will a veteran player and a newbie be differentiated in terms of power and/or abilities? How will some of the classes work?

This is the meat and potatoes, and I really, really hope CSE gets this information out there before the eleventh hour so people get excited and pledge.

Danwarr

Advanced Member

"Prepare for Titanfall."

4/27/13 9:02:06 AM#164
Originally posted by Wickedjelly

It doesn't matter what we say, people will still think that is what the game is supposed to be like at release.

CSE has an amazing team and has done some amazing things in the last few weeks, but not that many people care because they are too dumb to understand what is actually going on.

Lol

Yes...the game may not reach its two million mark because people are just too stupid. Nice logic there.

I never said any such thing. If the game doesn't fund, it will be because not enough people are interested in funding a niche product that is still has 2-3 years left in its development cycle.

What is stupid are people thinking that a network tech demo showing off an engine built from sratch will be what the final product looks like.

That was not an alpha build. That was not even an internal testing build. It was engine test and nothing more than that.

CSE wants the backers to feel more involved in the development process for CU, which is why they opened that demo up to people from around the world. This is really the first time I've seen a MMO developer show every stage of development for a game to the general public so the developer can recieve feedback and gamers how the game is coming.

It's quite fascinating really.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
Playing: ESO,DCUO
Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

Gyrus

Advanced Member

4/27/13 9:24:16 AM#165

What is stupid are people thinking that a network tech demo showing off an engine built from sratch will be what the final product looks like.

That was not an alpha build. That was not even an internal testing build. It was engine test and nothing more than that.

CSE wants the backers to feel more involved in the development process for CU, which is why they opened that demo up to people from around the world. This is really the first time I've seen a MMO developer show every stage of development for a game to the general public so the developer can recieve feedback and gamers how the game is coming.

No, what is 'stupid' (if you want to call it that) is CSE not knowing their market - and knowing that a great many people would not be impressed by that.  And not knowing the mentality of the audience here (PvP MMO gamers).

I mean, if you consider all the vast experience these people supposedly have in the industry... the whole KS campaign has been very poorly managed.

And if it gets funded...CSE are looking at a world of pain trying to deliver any sort of a game with a bunch of fans breathing down their necks the whole time.

About two weeks ago someone here raised a good point - that was that if you asked 10 of the backers what sort of game CU would be they probably all had very different ideas?  I would suggest that that remains true today.  The biggest issue that creates is that apparently so many of them are absolutely passionate about their particular version.  These people are very hard to please - and in this case it would be made doubly difficult by the fact that so many of them have already put in enough money that they would feel they deserve to have a very real say.

But anyway, it has been so badly done, with many updates feeling like they have been just rustled up and tacked on to try to generate any kind of support... that it looks less and less likely to succeed anyway.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

Danwarr

Advanced Member

"Prepare for Titanfall."

4/27/13 9:46:48 AM#166
Originally posted by Gyrus

No, what is 'stupid' (if you want to call it that) is CSE not knowing their market - and knowing that a great many people would not be impressed by that.  And not knowing the mentality of the audience here (PvP MMO gamers).

I definitely think that Mark and CSE thought there might be a bit more interest in terms of people wanting to fund the game via Kickstarter. Mark stated previously that pre-orders for most, not all, PC games are generally lower than the number of people who actually end up playing the game. Following that line of thinking, you would generally expect there to be fewer people wanting to pay for a product that will be released 2-3 years down the road.

I mean, if you consider all the vast experience these people supposedly have in the industry... the whole KS campaign has been very poorly managed.

I would have to agree that the Kickstarter has not been managed as well as it could've been.

And if it gets funded...CSE are looking at a world of pain trying to deliver any sort of a game with a bunch of fans breathing down their necks the whole time.

About two weeks ago someone here raised a good point - that was that if you asked 10 of the backers what sort of game CU would be they probably all had very different ideas?  I would suggest that that remains true today.  The biggest issue that creates is that apparently so many of them are absolutely passionate about their particular version.  These people are very hard to please - and in this case it would be made doubly difficult by the fact that so many of them have already put in enough money that they would feel they deserve to have a very real say.

I think most backers would agree that at its very core, they expect CU to be a three faction RvR game with no PvE leveling track or instance/raid PvE content. Everything else is up for change.

But anyway, it has been so badly done, with many updates feeling like they have been just rustled up and tacked on to try to generate any kind of support... that it looks less and less likely to succeed anyway.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
Playing: ESO,DCUO
Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

TigsKC

Advanced Member

4/27/13 10:17:00 AM#167
Originally posted by Sornin

Though I do not agree with the tone nor the motives of most of the people attacking the networking tech demo, I do agree that it is not what Camelot Unchained needs right now.

I am not sure why CSE continually is "preaching to the choir" instead of seeking out new backers. These demos are something only fans who already pledged are going to get excited about. Now, I will grant that different teams do different things, so this may not take away from the team working on lore or combat or art. However, there has not been enough about RvR and combat, and time is running out.

I think players want to see videos, or at least design documents, about RvR, the horizontal progression scheme, and class theory and design. It does not all have to be set in stone, but seeing Mark just discussing ideas so potential backers can see a general direction would be nice. We are 25 days in and thing this game is about - RvR - has been the least dicussed thing.

How will territory control work? What are people fighting to achieve? How will a veteran player and a newbie be differentiated in terms of power and/or abilities? How will some of the classes work?

This is the meat and potatoes, and I really, really hope CSE gets this information out there before the eleventh hour so people get excited and pledge.

While CSE convinced me weeks ago, I think you are 100% correct for a large part of the target audience.  I have argued here (and elsewhere) that specifc and narrow details are not required at this stage, but I agree the large topics of class, combat and RvR gameplay need to be brought into better focus.

I still think there is opporunity to provide these kinds of updates in the next few days to energize the believers and win over the skeptics.

Niix_Ozek

Novice Member

4/27/13 11:42:14 AM#168
It's amazing these issues havnt been the focus of a tri realm rvr game during this kick starter
Way too much focus about crafting has been talked about and not nearly enough about classes races combat

Sad because its a pvp rvr game
Gg cse, lets see a good update for once please

Ozek - DAOC
Niix - Other games that sucked

Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

4/28/13 8:23:19 AM#169

@Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE 4 days left, now is the time to call in those favors, to talk to guildies of games past, to reach out to the farthest depths of the interwebs and ask one important question; Have you heard of Camelot Unchained an oldschool consequential PVP MMO with new school concepts?

CU Forums and Blogs (IGNORE THE TROLLS)!
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm?forum=1455&val=1&uh=60BDB33FDB30DFAD34CCB956FB63A77F
http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs

Support CU on Social Media:
https://twitter.com/CityStateGames
https://www.facebook.com/CamelotUnchained?fref=ts
http://citystateentertainment.tumblr.com/
http://www.reddit.com/r/CamelotUnchained/

Support websites that have done a good job of supporting CU:
http://massively.joystiq.com/
http://www.tentonhammer.com/
http://syncaine.com/
http://www.gamestar.de/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsma7OGcp6A

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Bahz

Advanced Member

4/30/13 5:54:15 AM#170
All the high tiers are gone, so I dont see em funding...people can't increase their pledge as there is nothing available.
  Kelmantor

Novice Member

4/30/13 6:25:18 AM#171
Originally posted by Bahz
All the high tiers are gone, so I dont see em funding...people can't increase their pledge as there is nothing available.

I agree that this might become an issue. But there's an easy fix for that: You simply add more high tiers.. 

Axxar

Hard Core Member

"See how I reward those who fail me!"

4/30/13 7:16:35 AM#172

There's still plenty of people who can increase their pledge. For example I've pledged $25. I could upgrade to $150 if I wanted. Or $3000. And I'm not the only one by a longshot.

Not that I'm going to, but others might.

Currently playing: FTL, Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls.
Eagerly anticipating: Divinity: Original Sin, Elite: Dangerous, Legend of Grimrock 2 and Star Citizen.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

4/30/13 7:31:59 AM#173
Originally posted by Kelmantor

I agree that this might become an issue. But there's an easy fix for that: You simply add more high tiers.. 

Don't even have to add extra high tiers (unless you really need to speed things up).

There's still 320 slots open in the $750 or higher tiers. Fill those and $350K will be in the bag.

Bahz

Advanced Member

4/30/13 8:22:48 AM#174
Well, with average 365 pledges a day you know that wont happen in 1-2 days. The average is pledge is 160, so they need those high tiers. I also noticed many people with the "single" mountain house, switched to the "twin", which is now also sold out.
  Duvall_Lobo

Novice Member

4/30/13 8:55:58 AM#175
"My guess they hit 1M within 24 hous......lots of people interested actually have jobs now and need to get home.....
large base of daoc players 30+ yrs old"

Hey! I resemble that!
  Moraxo

Novice Member

4/30/13 9:35:59 AM#176
Well, with average 365 pledges a day you know that wont happen in 1-2 days. The average is pledge is 160, so they need those high tiers. I also noticed many people with the "single" mountain house, switched to the "twin", which is now also sold out.

But the last day backer numbers are above average, today alone they're at 550 and rising. If it continues to grow at this rate we might see well over 1000 on the final day. And while the per-backer average was $260 2 days ago and $240 yesterday, it's at $180 today, so the little backers are becoming increasingly valuable.

After all, todays $100'000+ pledge total doesn't come from half a dozen mountain houses.

Edit: typo

Bahz

Advanced Member

4/30/13 9:49:04 AM#177
Originally posted by Moraxo

But the last day backer numbers are above average, today alone they're at 550 and rising. If it continues to grow at this rate we might see well over 1000 on the final day. And while the per-backer average was $260 2 days ago and $240 yesterday, it's at $180 today, so the little backers are becoming increasingly valuable.

After all, todays $100'000+ pledge total doesn't come from half a dozen mountain houses.

Edit: typo

Maybe its because im in a different timezone (central europe), but I see different number. We are at 238 backers today, 443 yesterday.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/#chart-daily

Moraxo

Novice Member

4/30/13 10:11:47 AM#178

I'm using http://hive.borg-collective.org.uk/cuks.php?i=d for daily totals and number of backers, seems more reliable to me ;)

Eventhough it's not as readable. It gives you totals for all previous days, a total for the last 24 hours, the ongoing numbers of the current days as well as a projection for the end of the day. And they actually start and end their days when the KS does, too.

The kicktraq clock seems to be a couple hours off, yeah. Their numbers from today are apparently from about the last 8 hours. But anyway, since their day started later we'll see it increase from "tomorrows" pledges as well.

According http://www.kickstat.net/kscamelot/camelotks.php we're also above the previous days, and even just looking at the curve you can get an idea of where this is headed.

Fusion

Old School

4/30/13 10:22:27 AM#179
They'll just self-fund the missing amount in the last hour or so, like many others before them :) "last minute massive pledges"

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: ESO, ArcheAge, Class4, EQN.

Dead and Buried: NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

Niix_Ozek

Novice Member

4/30/13 10:30:36 AM#180
Originally posted by Fusion
They'll just self-fund the missing amount in the last hour or so, like many others before them :) "last minute massive pledges"

I am shocked people don't understand yet you can't do this. There are only 1 more 10k bids left... and you arn't allowed to fund your own kickstarter, so they can't legally do it and if got caught would be likely sued lol.

Ozek - DAOC
Niix - Other games that sucked

11 Pages First « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Search