Trending Games | ArcheAge | Neverwinter | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Firefall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,824,073 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,217,456
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Ziftylrhavic

Apprentice Member

4/20/13 9:31:54 AM#21
Originally posted by meddyck
Originally posted by Bahz

So, CU is not going too well in making the 2mil goal...and archers are not in by default (stretch goal). It's also not sure if a stealth class is in, but atleast it's mentioned. 

What will you (other archer fans) do if on the last they it looks like archers are not in? I'm thinking to reduce the pledge if this happens, as archer and/or stealth is the only way I like to play this game beside crafting/building.

I think he has really hurt the Kickstarter with the limited number of classes per realm and the clear reluctance to have an effective archer and/or other stealthers. There will be 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 caster, a crafter, and a hybrid or speed class. There is a stretch goal for an additional class which might or might not be an archer. Pet classes will not be in at all. It's really a half-assed system compared to what DAOC had at release. I'd rather have lots of classes even if they are not perfect at release than what he is doing. Also I completely hate the separate crafter class. What is that doing in an RvR game? Just make crafting a profession like in most other games.

He said he didn't want to put something lame in the game, and so he wouldn't put stealth in unless it's great. Where is the problem? You wouldn't have played the archer anyway if it wasn't fun to play.

If you want it in the game, but their ideas are bad, then find a good one and throw it in the backers forum, then discuss with them and improve it. Or help improving somebody else's idea. I would be surprised if no one can come up with something good^^.

As long as you don't expect it to be overpowered you won't be disappointed.

Tumblebutz

Novice Member

OP  4/20/13 12:40:52 PM#22
MJ likes Archers.  I'd guess archery will be in at launch, in some form.  I'd also guess that, if a specific Archer class wasn't in at launch, it would be an absolute priority for the first expansion.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Rocketeer

Advanced Member

4/20/13 2:06:52 PM#23

I think MJ mentioned that he sees balance issues with the archers since they are supposed to be long range with good mobility(and some camouflage type ability),  essentially the scout type. I also think he mentioned they will be likely the 6th class, which would make them a stretchgoal or later update.

Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

4/20/13 2:13:36 PM#24

I liked the original DAoC archer classes, that's what I played as a scout and hunter (I never played hibbies, since I'm not a tree-hugger lol).  I liked the target, draw, fire mechanic.  Even if they had archers that couldn't stealth, it would still be fun.  Some of the best times I ever had in any game was in DAoC raining arrows down on my enemies.  I would group up with friends and call out targets, and we would "1 shot" people firing in silmutaneous fashion :D

Edit: and I'm not buying Neverwinter, just because there is no archer.  I played pen and paper as an archer and that's all I ever wanted to play in dungeons and dragons :)

BowbowDAoC

Apprentice Member

4/20/13 5:22:01 PM#25

The more i think about it, the more the archer/stealther class is a must in CU.

Considering that the HT will be the basic classes at launch, the archer/stealther is basically part of the HT concept (warrior, mage healer, thief).

It HAS to be in game at launch !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
Thurka on WAR

naezgul

Novice Member

4/20/13 9:14:34 PM#26
You won't see any archery other than the archers if stretch goal is made. I'm talking about spec ranged for the healer, hybrid or tank. If the game funds with KS, it's almost a given first stretch goal will be made.....+1 race & class/realm
  redcapp

Novice Member

4/20/13 9:54:20 PM#27
Keep in mind that, if the project funds, it will have PLENTY of time to reach its stretch goals.  Won't be impacted by the thirty day limit there.
  redcapp

Novice Member

4/20/13 10:24:58 PM#28
Originally posted by meddyck
Originally posted by Bahz

So, CU is not going too well in making the 2mil goal...and archers are not in by default (stretch goal). It's also not sure if a stealth class is in, but atleast it's mentioned. 

What will you (other archer fans) do if on the last they it looks like archers are not in? I'm thinking to reduce the pledge if this happens, as archer and/or stealth is the only way I like to play this game beside crafting/building.

I think he has really hurt the Kickstarter with the limited number of classes per realm and the clear reluctance to have an effective archer and/or other stealthers. There will be 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 caster, a crafter, and a hybrid or speed class. There is a stretch goal for an additional class which might or might not be an archer. Pet classes will not be in at all. It's really a half-assed system compared to what DAOC had at release. I'd rather have lots of classes even if they are not perfect at release than what he is doing. Also I completely hate the separate crafter class. What is that doing in an RvR game? Just make crafting a profession like in most other games.

"Because I launched DAoC with 33 classes and paid for it forever. Every class in CU must be great. If it's not, I'm wasting all of our time and money. It's not 2001 anymore and I need to make sure that when this game launches, it won't be plagued with the same problem as DAoC was. Now, would I like to have more, yes. Will I promise more, not a chance. Quality over quantity."

MJ just now on the KS page

2 Pages « 1 2 Search