Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,576 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,467
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » ONLY 4 or 5 classes on release! Say it isn't so........

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
107 posts found
  DMKano

Elite Member

3/30/13 2:47:12 AM#101

Also another thing I want to point out without PvE, CU's classes better be deep and very rich as far as specs go, because there's not much else to do than RvR, so tweaking your build should be a game in itself. If a class system is deep - Players will spend a ton of thier time and tweak their builds for months trying to find that optimal balance for RvR. 

If CU has static classes - you eliminate the entire class-spec metagame, which will kill longevity of CU.

IMO CU will live or die by the class system  moreso than RvR system (obviously both should be very good for a successful game).

drakon3

Novice Member

3/30/13 10:02:04 AM#102
Originally posted by DMKano

Also another thing I want to point out without PvE, CU's classes better be deep and very rich as far as specs go, because there's not much else to do than RvR, so tweaking your build should be a game in itself. If a class system is deep - Players will spend a ton of thier time and tweak their builds for months trying to find that optimal balance for RvR. 

If CU has static classes - you eliminate the entire class-spec metagame, which will kill longevity of CU.

IMO CU will live or die by the class system  moreso than RvR system (obviously both should be very good for a successful game).

+1

This is exactly why I fear only 4-5 classes per realm are not going to be enough.  Yes I will still support the KS, but the character customization needs to be AWESOME.

fanglo

Novice Member

3/30/13 1:24:52 PM#103
Originally posted by drakon3

+1

This is exactly why I fear only 4-5 classes per realm are not going to be enough.  Yes I will still support the KS, but the character customization needs to be AWESOME.

One thing I hope they bring over from MoO is the ability to select a walk. STO did that and it does add a bit of flavor. So if for example in DaoC you made a valkyn, you could either choose the valkyn walk or a more normal walk.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

belatucadros

Novice Member

3/30/13 1:42:52 PM#104
Classes get added all the time. You can't start your game with all the classes it will eventually have. It isn't "holding back", it's developing new content.

So long as it's balanced right, add whatever.

You don't "have" to do anything. Reroll if you want. I am sure, slots providing, I will level cap each class for my main realm.

And if newer players can truly contribute in rvr(and they must, to advance) I don't see the problem.

Eldritch, Nightshade, Warden, Druid, Mauler, Mentalist
Sorcerer, Necromancer, Theurgist, Armsman, Cleric
Healer, Warrior, Skald

belatucadros

Novice Member

3/30/13 1:48:09 PM#105
Just saw that quote too. Interested to see what mojo he is working on the healer/DPS archetype. And the bsc stealther idea.

Eldritch, Nightshade, Warden, Druid, Mauler, Mentalist
Sorcerer, Necromancer, Theurgist, Armsman, Cleric
Healer, Warrior, Skald

naezgul

Novice Member

OP  3/30/13 6:08:28 PM#106
Originally posted by fanglo
Originally posted by drakon3

+1

One thing I hope they bring over from MoO is the ability to select a walk. STO did that and it does add a bit of flavor. So if for example in DaoC you made a valkyn, you could either choose the valkyn walk or a more normal walk.

Can't wait to use Ghetto Walk! Left hand swinging, right hand cupping/grabbing your crotch.

RealLifeGobbo

Novice Member

3/30/13 6:11:01 PM#107

Originally posted by naezgul
Can't wait to use Ghetto Walk! Left hand swinging, right hand cupping/grabbing your crotch.

LOL! Pimp stepping through!

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search