Trending Games | ArcheAge | Archlord 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,801,670 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,196,663
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » Alternative to everquest 2

7 posts found
  Laedermasken

Novice Member

OP  3/22/13 4:00:16 PM#1

Hey been Trying Everquest 2 for a while and i think it's a pretty decent game. Although graphics/performancewise it kind of sucks.

have been Trying lots of mmorpgs latly but none of them seem to keep me intrested . Love Openworld mmorpgs or the feeling of Being in a huge world . Exploration or a game that rewards exploring would be nice ...

Gw 2 Wasnt for me . It felt too much like a hack & slash.

any suggestions ? What game/games can u recommend?

sweetdigs

Advanced Member

3/22/13 4:41:05 PM#2

I haven't found a whole lot out there.  I briefly played Wizardry Online - but not much of a community, although I do like the challenge. 

If I'm going to play an MMO these days, I'm playing Eve. 

I also play Distant Worlds (solo space 4x strategy) and Fallen Enchantress (solo fantasy 4x strategy).  If you like strategy games, they're both great.

Wish I could suggest a good MMO, as I really miss what I consider the golden era of MMOs when I was playing EQ1 and DAOC.. but there's just nothing out there in the fantasy realm that I enjoy.

meddyck

Hard Core Member

3/22/13 5:05:53 PM#3
If you were trying to pick a forum for a game that is least like EQ 2 to ask this, you succeeded. Otherwise I think you posted this in the wrong place.

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

Laedermasken

Novice Member

OP  3/22/13 5:12:15 PM#4

Hehe lol yeah i think i posten in the wrong forum . Sorry 

chamelot unchained looks intresting  though i Will keep My Eyes on this too

Stiler

Apprentice Member

3/23/13 2:15:23 AM#5
Originally posted by Laedermasken

Hehe lol yeah i think i posten in the wrong forum . Sorry 

chamelot unchained looks intresting  though i Will keep My Eyes on this too

Maybe look at Wildstar? It looks interesting, a bit more PVE focused then CU is, plus they have it so that you can play as an "explorer" and things which  leads you toward doing things more akin to an explorer, exploring/finding things and such,r ather then just having you expeirence the same game as say, a soldier type.

Also you might wanna keep an eye on Everquest Next, info should be coming out about it later this year.

It's actaully going to be more of a "sandbox" style game then the previous two everquest games.

As far as "current" mmo's go, have you tried The Secret World? If you are looking for an mmo with something different, TSW is probably one of the best when it comes to presenting it's "Storylines" and interaction with quests.  It actually has quite more in-line with "Adventure" games that usual mmorpg quest-chains, where you hav eto find clues, and even some ARG elements (Browing websites, it has an in-game web browser to do this) among other things. It still does have your more general "fetch/kill x" quests also, but many great/interesting quests that are more like an adventure game.

It does have drawbacks (combat isn't that fun) but the quests are generally a LOT more interesting then most mmo's.

On top of this it's setting/atmosphere is great, if you like horror themed things. Lots of great refrences to things like H. P. Lovecraft, classic horror films, books, characters, etc.

It no longer has a subscription to play, just buy the game and you can play it without a subscription.

I'd recommend giving it a try if you are looking for some good story elements in an mmorpg and like horror themed games and such. As long as you don't expect mind blowing combat or anything it can be quite fun.

Laedermasken

Novice Member

OP  3/23/13 8:54:22 AM#6

Thanks for the feedback ! 

I will be playing Eq 1 , Eq2 and vanguard until something more intresting shows up !

maybe have a look at The secret world sounds like an atmosheric game ! 

Ty again and see you in the next big mmo world !

Zinzan

Advanced Member

3/23/13 9:05:15 AM#7
I recommend SWG..oh...wait...

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)