Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,028 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,022
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » So anyone else hope for naval combat?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
35 posts found
  Niix_Ozek

Novice Member

3/22/13 11:02:55 AM#21

I remember when boats were first put into the game and you could drive them up onto the shore and bug them out where they would just stay there.

So bored one day we drove up tons of boats up ontu the island around the first keep in alb or hib... wish i still had those SS's :(

Ozek - DAOC
Niix - Other games that sucked

Raagnarz

Advanced Member

OP  3/22/13 5:01:44 PM#22
The thing that people need to remember is that this is NOT DAOC nor will it be. Yes the swimming in DAOC sucked. Yeah boats weren't implemented well. That doesn't mean swimming, underwater fighting, boats, or naval combat can't be well implemented. I would definitely understand if it got added as a stretch goal or expansion. That being said I would love to see it at launch so I can sail to a remote island to set up a keep and plunder away baby!
  MarkJacobs

CEO City State Entertainment

3/22/13 5:04:18 PM#23
I have no plans to implement naval combat in CU, not even for a stretch goal, I've got better ideas in mind for them. :)

Mark Jacobs
CEO, City State Entertainment

Wazluk

Novice Member

3/22/13 5:05:26 PM#24
Originally posted by MarkJacobs
I have no plans to implement naval combat in CU, not even for a stretch goal, I've got better ideas in mind for them. :)

Cruel cruel tease...

Terminus
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
Draken Stalker

RealLifeGobbo

Novice Member

3/22/13 5:06:30 PM#25

They say curiosity killed the cat, but... how many cats do I need to kill?

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs

MarkJacobs

3/22/13 5:06:40 PM#26
Originally posted by Wazluk

Cruel cruel tease...

TYVM. :)

Mark Jacobs

Wazluk

Novice Member

3/22/13 5:09:17 PM#27
Originally posted by RealLifeGobbo

They say curiosity killed the cat, but... how many cats do I need to kill?

lmao

Terminus
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
Draken Stalker

meddyck

Hard Core Member

3/22/13 5:13:09 PM#28

DF?

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

sweetdigs

Advanced Member

3/22/13 5:46:57 PM#29

Not really.  Would be great, but I would rather they keep working to improve the game and perhaps add some PvE elements to the game before they consider naval combat.

MarkJacobs

3/22/13 5:47:48 PM#30
Originally posted by meddyck

DF?

Dying Firbolg? Wrong game!!!! :)

In truth I would love to find a way for us to create our own cool addition to that aspect of RvR. Only time will tell.

Mark Jacobs

gylnne

Advanced Member

3/22/13 7:24:41 PM#31
Darkness Falls would be my ideal area for an expansion.:)
  naezgul

Novice Member

3/22/13 8:25:42 PM#32
I don't want to see any type of fighting in water, he'll I'd be okay with if you couldn't go in water deeper than three feet
  Tumblebutz

Novice Member

3/22/13 9:05:34 PM#33
Originally posted by naezgul
I don't want to see any type of fighting in water, he'll I'd be okay with if you couldn't go in water deeper than three feet

this.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Stiler

Apprentice Member

3/23/13 2:04:23 AM#34

AIRSHIPS! With giant Zepplins and a new faction commanded by a guy with a marvelous handlebar mustache, like the great Sam Elliot.

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Sam-Elliott.jpg

In all honesty though I hope it's something that could bring the tactical options Naval combat could have, or even pehraps something more. The idea of ships being able to get places faster, but also requiring a crew/upkeep, and the chanc eo flosing the ships in batles could add a lot to the strategy and tactics, especially if certain strutcers were found on islands and area's hard to get to on foot and thus they could be more soundly defended but also harder toa ttack but for ao more worthwhile prize.

Are you planning to announce the stretch goals when the kickstarter launchers or do you plan to wait a bit til later on in the kickstarter?

BowbowDAoC

Novice Member

3/23/13 4:38:37 AM#35

Originally posted by Tumblebutz

Originally posted by naezgul I don't want to see any type of fighting in water, he'll I'd be okay with if you couldn't go in water deeper than three feet
this.

Unfair ! Lurikeens could still swim :P

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
Thurka on WAR

2 Pages « 1 2 Search