Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest Next | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,831 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,138
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Camelot Unchained Forum » General Discussion » Feedback sought on Reward Tiers

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
142 posts found
  Jimmac

Hard Core Member

3/02/13 3:31:48 PM#41

I don't really care about vanity rewards one way or the other as long as they are not very immersion breaking. NPC's that players get to name without heavy restriction might not work out so great - "Joseph from Ohio" or "Yomama Awhale". Or flags you can put down on enemies that say "you got pwn'ed"? That would be a mixture of facepalm and broken immersion all over the place.

Otherwise I am indifferent to vanity rewards entirely.

Raagnarz

Advanced Member

3/02/13 3:34:05 PM#42
Most of the good stuff has been covered, skins etc. Personally I'd like unique cloaks or warbanners that can be flown on keeps by KS backers. Some of the slightly higher tiers I'd like to see something like to see something like Path Of Exile. While they didn't do a KS they gave the opportunity for the backer to work with the dev team to design a unique item (their highest rarity). Now while CU's itemization is going to be nothing like their the idea is an interesting one. What if you allowed a KS backer to work with the art team for a unique skin that can be applied to weapons/armor whatever.
  Tadder

Novice Member

3/02/13 3:42:39 PM#43

A unique crafting recipe would be interesting. Nothing that is better than commonly available, but something with an interesting skin/badd ass looking. Perhaps as a fairly high up reward those at the level could be in a brief input for the skin design of that item as well.

Unique housing furniture items are always a plus. Maybe a statue or some aesthetic item that can be placed in towns (was done in SWG for certain competition rewards that gave a tie-fighter monument or something.)

sacredcow4

Apprentice Member

3/02/13 3:52:09 PM#44
Access to developer blogs and/or the ability to listen in on design meetings. I'd definitely pay to listen to you guy's brainstorm and get an inside look into WHY you are making the decisions you are making. 

Heaven and Hell is debatable - Karma is not.

Tasarak

Advanced Member

3/02/13 3:57:09 PM#45

Any abilities/structures listed are purely cosmetic & offer no stat/power increase.

1) Additional graphical effects on Magical/Physical  spell/skills  animations..

2)  Character Name Reservation + Titles/Last Name

3)  Invite A Friend:  Get 1-2 Month Free

4)  Unique Guild Emblems

5) DAILY DEALS - Weapon/Items  -

6) Buddy Pack - Two Accounts

7) Special Beers/Ales/wines/Food 

8)  Unique Settlement/Castle Border/Guild Flags/Markers 

9) Unique Camp Fires to rest/heal

10) Ability to Craft Unique Taverns/Inns/Castle/House/Towers/Siegecraft etc (Skins)

Bent

Novice Member

3/02/13 4:13:13 PM#46

A title that when selected causes the toon to glow and have different colored chat. Would be neat to have this for many end game titles,but could give certain level founders one from the start.  

Founders only chat.  Chat group for only people pass a certain funding level that city state staff would frequent, during beta.  

infii

Novice Member

3/02/13 4:34:22 PM#47

If you plan to create an intro cinematic (maybe similiar to the teaser 3) where you explain the lore about the happenings before the apocalypse, some of the characters in that story could have the names of some high-tier backers (or their chosen name).

Create lore books/scrolls to either read ingame or physical books about lore history (or just random storys in the CU universe) where the characters have backer names.

To build on that idea further you could write unique biographies for a backer's chosen character, which would be available as an ingame ite in form of a document you could read and show to others.

tokesh

Novice Member

3/02/13 4:58:47 PM#48
Just make sure your alpha/closed beta packages are on point and you won't need to worry abou tall this additional cosmetic shit.
  Stiler

Advanced Member

3/02/13 5:18:33 PM#49

1. Unique Cloaks/Tabbards

for example:

For the Midgard - A "White wolf" type of cloak, where you have the wolf's head/upper jaw resting on top of the characters head. You can still have regular "wolf" cloaks for them and fur based cloaks, but make the unique one a rare white color instead of a more natural wolf color.

Something like this for the head: http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/24/r169_457x256_5906_Red_Riding_Hood_2d_illustration_girl_forest_storybook_wolf_cape_portrait_fantasy_picture_image_digital.jpg

Albion: A more regal cloak or tabbard, something like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1600&bih=757&tbm=isch&tbnid=QbMfmOLF8S5MwM:&imgrefurl=http://openbooksociety.com/article/merlin-s1e2/&docid=VXRyOS5ZbJFkhM&imgurl=http://openbooksociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SF4Hh.jpg&w=326&h=488&ei=bHgyUfbsGsjI0wGK3YHIAg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:2,s:0,i:86&iact=rc&dur=2&sig=100198188868257790240&page=1&tbnh=178&tbnw=114&start=0&ndsp=20&tx=50&ty=106

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16500000/3x06-The-Changeling-merlin-on-bbc-16501691-1248-704.jpg

For Hibernia: A more celtic design of cloak, green would be a good color. Some decent designs I found that would fit perfectly imo:

http://www.witchcraftshop.co.uk/images/items/001967.jpg

http://www.celtsandvikings.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/myfull_product/celtic%20green%20cape.jpg

2.  Unique Weapons and Armor skin- Similar to the above, playing on the 3 realms natural influences, having unique weapon/armor skins for each seperate realm.

3.  Pets - I do not know if CU will have pets of any kind, but if it does Pets would be one of the more sought after things. Things like a wolf pet for Midgard, Small dragon welp or such for Albiion, A fairy or something like that for the Hibs.  Just costmetic pets that people can have out, non combat of course. If you do have pets in the game that is, and if so pleaaaase make them "stick" to the player. Where if you run, they run beside you, not 20 feet behind you lagging around/getting stuck on things. If I have a cool wolf for a pet I want to run and have it right beside my character.

4. Unique character tattoos/body paints.

Midgard could have a more "warpaint" type of thing (think of like the mythology of the viking berserkers)

Albion: A more traditional "tattoo" design, not really like the warpaint or woad coloring of the hib.

Hibernia: A type of warpaint/woad style thing (blue'ish color).

5. Unique in-game emotes. Not sure exactly what, but just something cool/unique, dependent on race maybe.  A unique taunt, dance, etc something like that.

6  Unique Mounts - These would be great, if there are mounts in the game and it's modeled differently (Ie not just a base "horse" that's recolored/skinned, as horse breeds vary quite differently in terms of size/shape/hair, etc).

The mounts can be dependent on both the Realm and race, perhaps even allowing the people who buy at this reward tier to claim another realm's horse if they capture a stable or something in that realm.

Keep in mind a lot of these horses have different color coats available, you can google the breed and find more color coats and things.

For Midgard-

Icelandic horse:

http://tuesdayshorse.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/icelandic_horse.jpg

Here is the same breed with it's winter coat:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/IcelandicHorseInWinter.jpg

(perhaps have each type, dependent on the season in game? Would be neat, if it was feasible to do that is)

Dølehest:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/stallgronli/Sognablsen.jpg

Albion-

Fell Pony:

http://www.braeberry.com/images/trotting%20jun07.jpg

Arabian horse:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mhlSINZdVqY/TZHw6Wv6SVI/AAAAAAAAAPo/reOz0x-kh-A/s1600/Arabian+horses+black-beauty.jpg

Hibernia-

Gypsy Vanner horse:

http://www.lakeridgegypsy.com/images/gypsy-vanner-horses-bri-ste.jpg

Clydsedale:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1RbAd6VNCd8/T3oZKzrT_8I/AAAAAAAAwY0/ROMegT6cXtg/s1600/Tour%2BScotland%2BPhotograph%2BClydesdale%2BHorse%2BAnd%2BFoal%2BNorth%2BFife.jpg

One thing I have to ask is for these rewards, please make them account based (not character based) so that anytime you make a new character you get the reward, and you don't "lose it" or anything. It applies to any character you make (non tradeable of course, so it's locked to the character/account).  Allow us to transfer the weapon/armor skins over and over (so we can keep using the skin if we want, not use it once then lose it once we get a new weapon/armor, etc).

Tumblebutz

Novice Member

3/02/13 5:22:05 PM#50

In the interest of creating a real vested connection to a specific toon, I'd suggest any reward be linked to ONE toon, only.  Choose wisely!

-An NPC with the same last name as a toon, signifying you are of a Noble Family.

-A Noble title, similar in concept to the above option.

-An NPC reaction (salute, "hail!", or otherwise) unique for backers.

-A unique crafter's recipe for an item with similar stats but a different graphic than a normal item.  This item can be sold to and used by other players.  This would allow others to share in your involvement.

-A single piece of flare unique to each type of armor or class such as: a feather for a cap for light armor, a special broach or clasp for a cloak, a ceremonial dagger in the belt for a caster, A GRAPHICAL QUIVER for an archer, etc.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Hagnar

Novice Member

3/02/13 5:39:17 PM#51

1) Exclusive unique emotes like /rude and /yell (to rally in the battle, just a sound effect and animation)

2)Exclusive unique helmets such as a bear-like helmet for Vikings, a "tin-can" helm for Arthurians and so on.

3)Unique tattoos and BEARDS for characters

4)Nice weapons skins or shimmering effects 

5)Personal Face skins 

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

CU_now_please

Novice Member

3/02/13 5:44:13 PM#52

Similar to the previous ones about cloaks etc. But an item, re-useable dye type thing,  that you can use to make a standard cloak, whatever the stats, into something unique to the founders.. One each realm is all you need and as you advance through the stages of gear you can maintain a cool look

Nothing P2W, purely ooc, but if the games anything like daoc a fop style campfire would be lovely to reduce downtime and help heal up after a battle

/anon

Tumblebutz

Novice Member

3/02/13 6:04:31 PM#53

-the option for bigger boobs for female toons... or male toons... whichever.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

Seitr

Novice Member

3/02/13 6:21:57 PM#54
Originally posted by tokesh
Just make sure your alpha/closed beta packages are on point and you won't need to worry abou tall this additional cosmetic shit.

+1

Best post in this topic!

Only other thing I agree with is some sort of statue in game recognizing the biggest backers. In game statues would last the life of the game, all this cosmetic crap doesn't mean shit. Unless it gives you a boost in game ( which I don't agree with at all ) then what's the point? So I can run around and look cool in my super duper glowing cloak?

Hokibukisa

Novice Member

3/02/13 7:27:34 PM#55
Originally posted by Tumblebutz

-the option for bigger boobs for female toons... or male toons... whichever.

Massive codpieces.

Kvalandur

Novice Member

3/02/13 8:10:32 PM#56
To borrow from a recently completed KS , you could have a level that gets to name an ale and maybe suggest a logo that could go on the label.  Also have a level where the backer gets to write a brief family history for their character and that history could be worked into the lore of the game. 
  Stiler

Advanced Member

3/02/13 8:16:07 PM#57
Originally posted by Seitr
Originally posted by tokesh

+1

Best post in this topic!

Only other thing I agree with is some sort of statue in game recognizing the biggest backers. In game statues would last the life of the game, all this cosmetic crap doesn't mean shit. Unless it gives you a boost in game ( which I don't agree with at all ) then what's the point? So I can run around and look cool in my super duper glowing cloak?

Plenty of people like to stand out, be unique. HAving unique things is what drives the entire "free to play" market, games like League of Legends and others survive on people buying cosmetic items to stan dout from the crowd.

I for one like to look unique/different theno ther people, especialy in mmo's.

Qallidexz

Novice Member

3/02/13 10:00:43 PM#58

For higher-level backers, you should also consider giving away links to their guild sites on the official CU websites (for prestige and SEO purposes), that would be cool. You could also put a list of certain level backers on the website, so like if you dontate $50+ you get your name listed permanently on the website if you want.

Also going along with that website theme, a fan site kit for backers, that other people don't have access to, that might be pretty neat.

As far as in-game stuff is concnerned, I like the unique realm-based cloak ideas, or realm-based hats.

The ability to upload an emblem in game, that if approved, just you, or everyone in-game, would have access to. These could be emblems like the "black" ones in DAoC, but without the full guild emblem design (colors, pattern, etc).

Custom Tattoos, that people could put on their characters, (butterfly, lower-back anyone?). Maybe

AND A BOOB SLIDER! lol, j/k

Edit: I'd also like to add things like wallpaper, even go so far as a custom screensaver, (even if it was just a slideshow) would be pretty cool.

kryllen

Novice Member

3/02/13 10:11:56 PM#59

Titles would be a nice thing to have. Nothing special about them other than to show your dedication.

PoE did a small cosmetic pet for ingame - depending on how much you donated was the type of bird thing you got.

Other than that? who cares, just make a good game

We The Few - Gaming Nomads: Rants, Ravings, Reviews and Randomness
Kryllen / Cup - Alb/Palo
Seires - Gaheris and Mid/Kay
Phoxx/Phsxx - Mid/Ywain

Qallidexz

Novice Member

3/02/13 10:31:28 PM#60
Originally posted by kryllen

PoE did a small cosmetic pet for ingame - depending on how much you donated was the type of bird thing you got.

Oh god, no cosmetic pets please, for the love of god, please.

8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search