Trending Games | TERA | Blade & Soul | Guild Wars 2 | Destiny

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,982,933 Users Online:0
Games:827  Posts:6,431,708
City State Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:City State Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  time007

Advanced Member

"Get your FPS out of my MMORPG" - Timetrapper (me)

2/21/13 6:39:04 AM#21

No mounts. 

Yes as someone else posted they shrink the world. 

If you die in RVR, your penalty is a run back from XYZ location without a mount (obviously I am for speed classes like bards and minstrels, and secondary speed like sorcs, air theurgs etc)

Mounts mainly serve the convenience factor which as we all know leads to things like, i want to get back into the action within 5 seconds, quest hubs, point and clicking level cap dinging within 1 week.  So mounts should'nt be implemented.  This game should be a long haul trek, by foot. 

Ebonheart

Advanced Member

2/21/13 6:51:30 AM#22

I'm indifferent to having mounts, so it's no big deal either way. However, if they ARE in the game, they need to be useful for combat.... like Mount & Blade useful. Otherwise, they shouldn't be in the game at all.

Add some mounts for pulling siege weapons around and hauling resources carts as well, just to make things interesting. If all of the resources are out on the battlefield it'll give stealthy types something akin to a resource caravan to ambush.

Just make sure the horses are killed as easily as a player, and that they are expensive. That should prevent any of the typical ridiculousness that mounts cause when they are easily obtained.
  Jithak

Novice Member

2/21/13 7:32:40 AM#23

I don't really care for mounts or mouned combat and rather have speedbuffs like in DAoC. But I also wouldn't mind if they were just mules or a speed buff that is slower than the fastes speed buff.

Canan

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 8:08:02 AM#24
No mounts.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 8:12:27 AM#25
I would really like mounts and mounted combat. I would like a rock / paper / scissors setup with cavalry / infantry / ranged.

But then I've been playing quite a lot of war of the roses. I wish they had gone with that kind of combat, there's a nice potential fan base there with the success of mount and blade and chivalry: medieval warfare also.

As much as I love daoc, I'm tired of old school tab target combat. It was a necessity back then due to bandwidth, games like ps2 prove you can do mass pvp with action combat now.
  Canan

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 8:19:02 AM#26
Action combat is so odd to me in this type of game. GW2, for example, turned into simply mashing buttons over and over. Tab targeting in DAoC was much more strategic and tactical IMO.
  Stiler

Novice Member

2/21/13 3:39:23 PM#27
Originally posted by Canan
Action combat is so odd to me in this type of game. GW2, for example, turned into simply mashing buttons over and over. Tab targeting in DAoC was much more strategic and tactical IMO.

GW2 combat is not a decent design for "Action" combat, it still kept itself built around "Tab target" and attack along with a hotkey based system.

It was a terrible combat design, it' slike they didn't want to go "all the way" and just half assed it.

Tera is the same way, but at least their implementation is better (especially in regards to dodging).

They need to decide if you want to go actiony, and do it CORRECTLY and fully, or tab-target and stay the same, you can't "do both," otherwise you get what GW2 has, clunky feeling combat that makes both sides unhappy.

Stiler

Novice Member

2/21/13 3:42:26 PM#28
Originally posted by time007

No mounts. 

Yes as someone else posted they shrink the world. 

If you die in RVR, your penalty is a run back from XYZ location without a mount (obviously I am for speed classes like bards and minstrels, and secondary speed like sorcs, air theurgs etc)

Mounts mainly serve the convenience factor which as we all know leads to things like, i want to get back into the action within 5 seconds, quest hubs, point and clicking level cap dinging within 1 week.  So mounts should'nt be implemented.  This game should be a long haul trek, by foot. 

Running back isn't much of a penality for most people, just a time waster.

Mounts treated as simply speed buffs or vehicles are boring and add nothing to the game.

Howver mounts with mounted combat can haveahuge impact on the game, gampelay, stratgey and tactics, along with other things that come with it. Making mounts killable, having them permanently int he world (IE no poof magic pocket mounts, like UO did) allows for this and creates a money sink and also balances out the ability for them to b elost/die, which is another penalty for dying if you are on a mount.

Odaman

Novice Member

2/21/13 4:32:09 PM#29
I'd rather avoid mounts, they're a resource drain that really won't help the game.
  Stiler

Novice Member

2/21/13 6:17:01 PM#30
Originally posted by Odaman
I'd rather avoid mounts, they're a resource drain that really won't help the game.

Unless they do mounts and mounted combat a la mount and blade depth and it sets itself apart from any other mmo that has no where near that kind of depth or strategy involved with mounted combat.

TierlessTime

Columnist

Nothing is til it is and even then you never know until its been.

OP  2/21/13 9:37:05 PM#31

I love PVP but have never been interested in mounted combat for some reason. I guess I see it as one more thing to balance that isn't as in depth as fighting unmounted anyway. I suppose I wouldn't mind a single slash or something just so I would have a move while mounted (mainly to run down wounded players mooohahhahahaha).

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

2 Pages « 1 2 Search