Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,287 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,864
LivePlex | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 03/27/13)  | Pub:Aeria Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Scarlet Blade Forum » General Discussion » Scarlet Blade - What if we flipped the script?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  sxvs

Novice Member

6/11/13 7:37:32 PM#21
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
Originally posted by sxvs
Originally posted by Bladestrom
Sxvs invariabl it's the parents that do actuall block content that raise thes arguements, and the parents that don't give a shit that don't. You don just write of thes children, sO what then?

and that's my problem how? parent your own kids not the world.

it seems extremist parents try and shape the world according to how they want their kids to be in it but the world doesn't revolve around them and their kids.

parenting is no easy job, i'll say that but they signed up for it not me... i'm supposed to not look at comics that have hotties with big breasts and boobs because their kid might see it and get a stiffy? pahlease.

+1 to you good sir.

haha thanks, i meant big breasts and butts though.. not  big breasts and boobs.

not that it really matters but evenso.

and i mean no disrespect to parents, i do respect the difficult role they're in.. especially in this day and age with so much information/access out there.

i'll just leave it that... and go back to reading my comics. :D

[black widow is looking so hotttttttt]

DamonVile

Apprentice Member

6/11/13 7:51:03 PM#22
Originally posted by BizkitNL

Actually, if a game like that would thrive, with a host of rip-offs and clones following it's wake, I'd start getting worried. That's why I would theoretically voice my "NO" opinion.

That said, why have an opinion at all if you don't let it be heard? People have every right to show their disgust (or happyness), as long as it is well argumented. None of that trolling stuff.

Every time someone tells me " everyone is entitled to their own opinion " ( you didn't say it but close enough :P ) it reminds me of this article http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978  It's a good read.

sxvs

Novice Member

6/11/13 8:01:10 PM#23
Originally posted by DamonVile

Actually, if a game like that would thrive, with a host of rip-offs and clones following it's wake, I'd start getting worried. That's why I would theoretically voice my "NO" opinion.

That said, why have an opinion at all if you don't let it be heard? People have every right to show their disgust (or happyness), as long as it is well argumented. None of that trolling stuff.

Every time someone tells me " everyone is entitled to their own opinion " ( you didn't say it but close enough :P ) it reminds me of this article http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978  It's a good read.

eh i don't agree, everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion.

for example if one person said led zeppelin sucks and the other said they're the best ever there isn't really a right or wrong and that is what qualifies an opinion.

there is no real certainty of wrong or right within an subjective opinion.

it's like saying blue is the best color, there is no pure truth in blue being the best color, it's subjective and opinion and each person can have their own take on it and that's the context of the statement in reference.

this person is basing his thoughts on things that are more factual than opinion that would be more in the context of debate as his only focus and not seeing the wider context.

he gives an example that is proven scientifically (at least somewhat proven) but he's not also including the examples above.

once something is proven beyond the reason of doubt to be truth and factual it no longer exists within subjective opinion (in which that statement of everyone is entitled to refers).

when someone says it, generally i'm fairly certain it is in reference to blue and led zeppelin and not that the world is round/flat.

basically, i disagree with the person... and that's my opinion, in which i'm entitled to.

Axehilt

Novice Member

6/11/13 8:29:34 PM#24
Originally posted by Bladestrom
Jtc years and years ago the same arguement raged about unconstraind violenc in games, and we see the same arguements now as we did then. 'ah violence is ok, it's oooonly a game'. Now we have endless violence in games.

Violent games are the most popular, but there have always been non-violent options like Sim City and The Sims.

Just an observation: your signature list of games is a rather long list of historic combat-focused gaming.

free2play

Advanced Member

6/11/13 8:43:58 PM#25

Usually games have cosmetic options to allow male characters to run around with just underwear on. Much the same way all games that afford women the option to dress down, have options to allow them to dress up.

How the user applies those options is another matter.

DamonVile

Apprentice Member

6/11/13 8:48:31 PM#26

for example if one person said led zeppelin sucks and the other said they're the best ever there isn't really a right or wrong and that is what qualifies an opinion.

it's like saying blue is the best color, there is no pure truth in blue being the best color, it's subjective and opinion and each person can have their own take on it and that's the context of the statement in reference.

this person is basing his thoughts on things that are more factual than opinion that would be more in the context of debate as his only focus and not seeing the wider context.

he gives an example that is proven scientifically (at least somewhat proven) but he's not also including the examples above.

once something is proven beyond the reason of doubt to be truth and factual it no longer exists within subjective opinion (in which that statement of everyone is entitled to refers).

when someone says it, generally i'm fairly certain it is in reference to blue and led zeppelin and not that the world is round/flat.

basically, i disagree with the person... and that's my opinion, in which i'm entitled to.

He's more or less trying to show the difference between informed opinion and just opinion. Too often you see people with just an opinion trying to argue facts they don't really know or worse trying to argue with someone who actually has an informed opinion and try and pull that " I have a right to my opinion"

In the case of SB the people who rant about the end of civilization as we know it because a game is trying to sell itself with sex....is not an informed opinion. the proof is in the lack of facts they present and the insults they tend to resort to when pressed. People do have the right to their opinion, but when they choose to put that opinion over others without any facts imo they lose that right.

It's basically saying I have a right to stay stupid. If that's really what we want for people how great are these rights we're so proud of ?

simplius

Novice Member

1/18/14 10:09:54 AM#27

women are , generally, smarter than men

and not so hormone -fixated, either

so, the male version of this game would have such a small audience, that nobody would finance it

there would be a small backlash from homophobes

the rest of of us would glance over the sexy barbarian, and move on

boobs sell, because men are easy

simplius

Novice Member

1/18/14 10:20:02 AM#28

wrong, there is a number for quality

its called SALES

specially LONG TERM

bieber can sell 10 mio copies today, but how about in 100 years

Beethoven and Mozart are quality, because they still sell, centuries after theyre dead

led Zeppelin is quality too, they also still sell

i dont like bieber, but numbers dont lie, a lot of people DO like him

bieber..is...quality

urgh, i almost got sick there

2 Pages « 1 2 Search