Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,769 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,352
LivePlex | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 03/27/13)  | Pub:Aeria Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Scarlet Blade Forum » General Discussion » Actually a very fun game

17 posts found
  nennafir

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/13/05
Posts: 245

 
OP  2/06/13 8:05:10 PM#1

Hi,

 

I got into the alpha of Scarlet Blade when it began and I have to say it is a very fun game.

It is really polished and there are very few bugs.  It seems to have very reasonable system requirements and is very easy on the eyes.

All in all, a very fun game.  I was pleasantly surprised at how polished it was and how favorbaly it compared to WoW, etc.

  Aerowyn

Novice Member

Joined: 2/20/12
Posts: 7969

2/06/13 8:16:07 PM#2
i put in for the beta.. looked like it had some nice ideas from the videos

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

  Mari2k

Novice Member

Joined: 9/18/07
Posts: 385

2/10/13 10:41:39 AM#3
Yes very fun, for male virgins who likes anime boobs...
  nennafir

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/13/05
Posts: 245

 
OP  2/17/13 10:00:30 PM#4
Originally posted by Mari2k
Yes very fun, for male virgins who likes anime boobs...

*shrug*  I am married, with a couple of kids, and over 40 years old...

The main thing I am impressed with in the game is the amount of polish.  It is an actual game (which surprised me as much as anyone--adult/hentai themed games usually suck.)  The graphics are nice and easy on the eyes, it has WoW-clone mechanics, and the framerate/performance is very good.  It's hard to ask for much more, to be honest.

I would encourage the doubters out there actually to play the game when it hits beta.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

  koboldfodder

Advanced Member

Joined: 9/18/04
Posts: 369

2/17/13 10:03:57 PM#5

What!?  An Asian, anime themed MMO that is a WOW clone with boobies?  Surely you jest.  I am willing to bet there are at least 50 MMOs out there that look/play/blah basically the same.

 

Do the boobies shoot lasers?  That might be kinda neat.

  sp1cex

Novice Member

Joined: 5/23/09
Posts: 28

3/06/13 12:41:11 PM#6
Originally posted by koboldfodder

What!?  An Asian, anime themed MMO that is a WOW clone with boobies?  Surely you jest.  I am willing to bet there are at least 50 MMOs out there that look/play/blah basically the same.

 

Do the boobies shoot lasers?  That might be kinda neat.

Hahaha i would like laser-shooting boobies in a game too :)

Totally agreed btw , just another aeria boobies grind mmo that feels like 95% of the other korean grind fests...

  GranDux

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/05/13
Posts: 57

3/08/13 5:16:10 AM#7
Originally posted by sp1cex
Originally posted by koboldfodder

What!?  An Asian, anime themed MMO that is a WOW clone with boobies?  Surely you jest.  I am willing to bet there are at least 50 MMOs out there that look/play/blah basically the same.

 

Do the boobies shoot lasers?  That might be kinda neat.

Hahaha i would like laser-shooting boobies in a game too :)

Totally agreed btw , just another aeria boobies grind mmo that feels like 95% of the other korean grind fests...

If game-industry was as fun as it was before it could be possible. Now much ado being more politically correct than anything ontop of being chickens and infested with DRM.  :)

  Adders

Novice Member

Joined: 4/14/12
Posts: 28

3/09/13 6:13:36 AM#8

What to say? Well, from a brief look at it, it seems like a 2007 Asian MMO (yawwwwwn, zzzzzzzz) but with added softcore porn.

Pretty sure there are ways to access porn without level grinding.... somehow, right?

  lifeordinary

Novice Member

Joined: 7/05/12
Posts: 691

3/09/13 6:20:45 AM#9

I actualy tried it a while ago even before all the fuss about over sexualisation of game started. it was so cheap and tacky that i never even thought someone would bother to give it any attention.

Not to mention i felt so dirty after playing the game that i had take multiple showers. That was first and last time i ever went near this trashy MMO.

  VikingGamer

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/08/10
Posts: 1284

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

3/15/13 5:57:05 PM#10

if you are looking for pron, this will not last for you. its not like it has full nudity. Boobs and dental floss. A strategically positioned bandaid if you pay to take the underwear off. Of course it also has lots of jiggle physics when you use your weapons, run though town or use most emotes as would be expected. The story has a good bit of inuendo though less than I actually though.

The story isn't too complex but it is not bad. Most free to plays have much less lore. Why only female avatars beyond the obvious reason? They actually deal with that in the lore. They are not actually avatars. They are genetically engineered and cybernetically enhanced super soldiers where female subjects turned out to be the most suited to accepting the changes. You the player are the Arkana's remote commander. Keeping her on track, prioritizing tasks, targets and so on. As such your "character" will address you directly sometimes, questioning orders and such. A reasonably novel concept if a bit stretched to give a good excuse for controlling a genetically perfect, smokin hot, warrior babe.

As for the game itself, I would say it is solidly average. Its got a lot of polish. The combat is quick and responsive but basically cookiecutter. Tab targets, activate skills usually in a rotation. The classes are tied to clear and singular roles. tank, healer, single target melee, aoe melee, single target ranged, aoe ranged. The customization is limited but not bad. Hub questing with some grinding after 20 or so. Nice feature is that you dont need to return to hub to turn in or get new quests 95% of the time. SciFi after all so most things are transmitted. Two factions with separate starting areas but they are almost completely mirrored so they cheaped out that way. some pve endgame but mostly it is pvp. Some mini game features. Collect sets of cards to get random stuff boxes (not locked). Also, interestingly. For achievements, such as getting to certain levels. You can unlock puzzles which basically reward you slowly with views of their more racey concept art. A novel twist on achievements that makes complete sense for this kind of game. They also have pets that give you buffs and can be leveled up. Also your character can transform into a mech with its own set of abilities for a limited amount of time. Some character customization in a skill tree but somewhat limited.

Over all, aside from the nudity, it is an ok game in itself. Better than I expected to be perfectly honest. It has a few minor novelties in its design, but mostly it is "MMO standard". Nothing really ground breaking.

As for the nudity? Exaggerated proportions for sure but not really much worse than you have seen in many other games and no worse if you have seen any other game with a nude patch. In fact, probably less worse considering the privates are technically covered. And you do have to pay to take the underwear off so most free players will not be able to. In other words, as a movie, this game would barely be R rated. So not exactly pron if that is what you are after.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

  Rylah

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/25/09
Posts: 189

3/15/13 6:27:31 PM#11
Originally posted by VikingGamer

if you are looking for pron, this will not last for you. its not like it has full nudity. Boobs and dental floss. A strategically positioned bandaid if you pay to take the underwear off. Of course it also has lots of jiggle physics when you use your weapons, run though town or use most emotes as would be expected. The story has a good bit of inuendo though less than I actually though.

The story isn't too complex but it is not bad. Most free to plays have much less lore. Why only female avatars beyond the obvious reason? They actually deal with that in the lore. They are not actually avatars. They are genetically engineered and cybernetically enhanced super soldiers where female subjects turned out to be the most suited to accepting the changes. You the player are the Arkana's remote commander. Keeping her on track, prioritizing tasks, targets and so on. As such your "character" will address you directly sometimes, questioning orders and such. A reasonably novel concept if a bit stretched to give a good excuse for controlling a genetically perfect, smokin hot, warrior babe.

As for the game itself, I would say it is solidly average. Its got a lot of polish. The combat is quick and responsive but basically cookiecutter. Tab targets, activate skills usually in a rotation. The classes are tied to clear and singular roles. tank, healer, single target melee, aoe melee, single target ranged, aoe ranged. The customization is limited but not bad. Hub questing with some grinding after 20 or so. Nice feature is that you dont need to return to hub to turn in or get new quests 95% of the time. SciFi after all so most things are transmitted. Two factions with separate starting areas but they are almost completely mirrored so they cheaped out that way. some pve endgame but mostly it is pvp. Some mini game features. Collect sets of cards to get random stuff boxes (not locked). Also, interestingly. For achievements, such as getting to certain levels. You can unlock puzzles which basically reward you slowly with views of their more racey concept art. A novel twist on achievements that makes complete sense for this kind of game. They also have pets that give you buffs and can be leveled up. Also your character can transform into a mech with its own set of abilities for a limited amount of time. Some character customization in a skill tree but somewhat limited.

Over all, aside from the nudity, it is an ok game in itself. Better than I expected to be perfectly honest. It has a few minor novelties in its design, but mostly it is "MMO standard". Nothing really ground breaking.

As for the nudity? Exaggerated proportions for sure but not really much worse than you have seen in many other games and no worse if you have seen any other game with a nude patch. In fact, probably less worse considering the privates are technically covered. And you do have to pay to take the underwear off so most free players will not be able to. In other words, as a movie, this game would barely be R rated. So not exactly pron if that is what you are after.

A really good and balanced short review with fits perfectly with  my experience of the first 15 levels for most classes. Good standard in gameplay. A good title when it comes to this niche of F2P games. Just didn't get into the PvP yet. But if it follows the same quality it shouldn't be half bad either.

  rooey

Novice Member

Joined: 2/15/10
Posts: 11

3/16/13 12:15:28 AM#12

Yeah, got an email for the beta so downloaded it a couple of hours ago. Was quite surprised by the smoothness of it, as most betas I've played a still a bit dodgy graphic wise. Ok, so the gameplay isn't anything new but the sci- fi feel gives it a nice touch.

The semi nudity? Yeah, not as bad as I thought it would be. My wife saw it and told my son not to look, lol. My daughter is 9 and she commented that my char had a massive wedgie....

I'll play it some more tonight in between bouts of Combat Arms and Lotro

  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

Joined: 11/02/10
Posts: 736

game is also real

3/19/13 1:32:28 AM#13

hmm Aeria Games...
100% free to play...
suspicious honestly, at least it SiFi for real. =XD
anyone saw item shop and such?
any idea how much we need to pay for progression?

char looks dollysh but not too bad and not really that much different from many other Asian games, even Aion.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  dancingstar

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/19/11
Posts: 298

3/19/13 7:24:17 AM#14
Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

hmm Aeria Games...
100% free to play...
suspicious honestly, at least it SiFi for real. =XD
anyone saw item shop and such?
any idea how much we need to pay for progression?

char looks dollysh but not too bad and not really that much different from many other Asian games, even Aion.

Aion has better character customistation. Hell, TSW has better character customistation.

Full cash shop isn't available yet (game is currently in a so-called closed beta at the end of which characters will be wiped) but they are selling a variety of "founders packs" containing some cosmetic items, some XP boost consumables, skill reset tokens, premium pets, temporary (bleh) inventory  expansions & a few flat-out advantage items (faster bike, consumables that increase success rate of RNG enchantments. Most of these will likely be sold individually in cash shop come launch.

Only played to lvl 20 so far, without any xp-boost items there have already been a few points where you run out of quests and need to mob-grind or do battlegrounds (first of which becomes available at lvl 15) to fill the gap.

  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

Joined: 11/02/10
Posts: 736

game is also real

3/19/13 9:34:42 AM#15

thanks for reply, dancingstar!

well sell items to temporary characters is bleh IMO, but it is Aeria...
I guess 100% free game will cost unfair amount again, as you'll need to buy like all: mounts, bags, boosts.
may be I'm wrong too and game will give you a chance to find all these inside game it self, like I found at Forsaken World.

anyway, lets look what gonna happen after beta.

Runes of Magic was very polished at beta and very noob friendly overall, but to get final gear there you need or: pay a lot (like 500$+++) or find a guild helping you with farm.
Mount was impossible to get in game, so you needed or grind for money or pay...

To me these f2p should not cost more than 100$ per year, even less, as for more you can already play A+++ game.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  Squeak69

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/21/13
Posts: 972

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

3/19/13 10:06:13 AM#16

played the game got bored real fast, was hopeing for a decent mech style MMO, but to be honest it was just the standard korean style grind MMO with a higher rateing then normal.

still dont get to this day what the apeal of barley dressed anime girls is, which is weird cause im a complete pervert, i prefer my women real and that is even stranger since i love anime in general.

but for me this game has no real appel the mechs concepts was cool but didnt carry over very well, and the blatent atempt to sell teh game on nothing but sex apeal of anime girls is frankly over done and insulting at this point.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

  JasonJ

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/19/13
Posts: 414

3/19/13 8:41:11 PM#17
Originally posted by Mari2k
Yes very fun, for male virgins who likes anime boobs...

 And did you say the same for Age of Conan?

Oh yeah, forgot about the boobs in that game...

This game uses it with humor, with a little bit of work, this is actually near sub quality. The story is good, just needs more backstory, the combat is better than average in PvE and very fun in PvP which could be good if they work on limiting the zerg fests.