Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,307 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,660
Gravity Co, Ltd. | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/13)  | Pub:Gravity Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Ragnarok Online II Forum » General Discussion » Classes seem lackluster.

6 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  12/30/12 7:32:40 PM#1

I went and made all 5 classes to read all there skill trees , 1st and 2nd jobs. The skills are very lackluster and with long cooldowns.

Tons of skills are heavily influenced by WoW. (Not a bad but...)

I had a very hard time coming to a decision on class. 

Some 2nd jobs seem to never use 1st job skills (Such as the beastmaster and monk) while others use both skill trees.

Add to that the confusing descriptions because of the poor translation AND the clunky text.

I decided jjust to make a TANK character. Thing is, it's very hard to figure out what tank would fit my playstyle more and theres 4 tanks to choose from. (Warrior, Berserker, Beastmaster, Monk)

Xiaoki

Advanced Member

12/30/12 11:01:45 PM#2

Originally posted by Raserei
I went and made all 5 classes to read all there skill trees , 1st and 2nd jobs. The skills are very lackluster and with long cooldowns.

Tons of skills are heavily influenced by WoW. (Not a bad but...)

I had a very hard time coming to a decision on class. 

Some 2nd jobs seem to never use 1st job skills (Such as the beastmaster and monk) while others use both skill trees.

Monk and Beastmaster do not require skill points in base class because of the role shift.

Monk's base class is Acolyte which sets you up for healing but Monk is a tank.

Beastmaster looks interesting but its very much a bear Druid from WoW.

pedrobj

Novice Member

12/31/12 6:54:28 PM#3
Yeah, the skills are not in good synergy... They are cool, but need some adjusts... I played mage > wizard... tryed create a pvp build, but its impossible to create a synergy of skills... they might re-work some skills effects...  :(
  eezhar

Novice Member

1/05/13 12:48:45 AM#4
yeah, i got bored after changing job into 2nd class. the game lacks...
  Cleffy

Hard Core Member

1/13/13 2:03:09 AM#5

I really would not expect miracles.  They did develop this game in 2 years after scraping the first attempt that was ill-recieved.  If you read the manwha, the story matches the manwha alot better then the original.  Their is one big thing that this does well and thats its WASD movement.  I know it may not seem important, but I think we have all played mmorpgs where the movement just did not feel right.  I don't think thats going to happen with RO2.

Also when you look at mmorpgs, its really a combination of features you include in the game.  The features they chose show some promise, although right now I think it may crash and burn under poor development hands.

kabal.yero

Novice Member

1/19/13 3:41:27 AM#6
I have a Swordsman and my skills were almost the same as the original RO when it was released in 2002 so I don't see any comparison to WOW there... I was using Bash to kill mobs back in RO1 and I'm still using Bash to kill mobs in RO2...