Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,025 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,186
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/16/99)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EverQuest Next Forum » General Discussion » Brad McQuaid thinks EQ and VG players are going to love it.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
95 posts found
  onlinenow25

Novice Member

Joined: 6/26/07
Posts: 278

7/31/13 6:09:22 PM#41
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by DocBrody
Originally posted by Epicent
Originally posted by azzamasin
All this does is reinforce my belief that EQN wil be a PvE centric sandbox.  The first of its kind.  2 moar days!!!!

If done correctly I would get very excited about this.

with PvP allowed everywhere +1

only if they have phasing and allow pvp in the pvp phasing...

You say this yet you Kickstarted a game that is 100% PvP based?

  kjempff

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/12/04
Posts: 661

Make worlds not stories

7/31/13 6:09:35 PM#42

Previev of an intro ... that is not even hot air.

I hope he has more than an intro to base those tweets on because if there is a person qualified to say such things, it would be Brad... if he really got actual insight on EqNext.

  bcbully

Elite Member

Joined: 3/03/12
Posts: 6970

7/31/13 6:15:19 PM#43
VG had FFA!
  DocBrody

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/24/13
Posts: 1380

7/31/13 6:16:10 PM#44
Originally posted by bcbully
VG had FFA!

+10000

  keenber

Novice Member

Joined: 7/10/07
Posts: 433

7/31/13 6:21:18 PM#45
Originally posted by bcbully
VG had FFA!

He said things we wanted to put into VG but couldn't because of the tech not what was in VG.

  Laiquendi

Novice Member

Joined: 7/16/13
Posts: 75

7/31/13 6:25:37 PM#46
Originally posted by IfrianMMO

I do not even have words to express how creepy and weird it is to see so many people e-orgasming over a game with barely any kind of info released yet.

And it´s only going to get worse, because once they release the "information" and probably a trailer to go with it, everyone and his mom is going to believe every cliche´d epic sentence and statement about how awesome everything is,  and talk of it as fact til the beta.

Then, and upon realizing that, while a decent game, perhaps it´s not all what was promised, they are going to use the typical "It´s a beta, its not the full game and a lot is going to be introduced in future phases" card.

And then.....

 

Well, i do not need to explain it, it has been happening for how many years now?

I'm going to have to say, you, my friend, are much more creepy then the ones you are calling creepy. 

"WHY" do you ask?

Lets use a simple analogy.

Your at the theater , waiting for a X rated movie to play , and you say out loud to everyone "your all creepy and weird for being excited over a new X rated movie, its the same as all the other ones, bla bla bla"  

And yet, your still here waiting with everyone you called creepy to watch it.

You can't get any creepier then that. 

  DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/25/12
Posts: 2388

7/31/13 6:28:46 PM#47

Vanguard was a shining gem in a sea of AAA shit.

Brad, despite everything that happened, can do no wrong in my book. If he's being honest, then we may be in for a real treat. I assume at LEAST he's referring to a seamless world.

 

Originally posted by keenber
Originally posted by bcbully
VG had FFA!

He said things we wanted to put into VG but couldn't because of the tech not what was in VG.

 

Food for thought, some of the things that got cut were, boats between continents, naval and flying combat, guild vs guild territory control war areas set on islands in the middle of the ocean, dynamic weather that impacted spells...

So... perhaps we're there.

  waynejr2

Advanced Member

Joined: 4/12/11
Posts: 3707

RIP City of Heroes!

7/31/13 6:29:40 PM#48
Originally posted by onlinenow25
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by DocBrody
Originally posted by Epicent
Originally posted by azzamasin
All this does is reinforce my belief that EQN wil be a PvE centric sandbox.  The first of its kind.  2 moar days!!!!

If done correctly I would get very excited about this.

with PvP allowed everywhere +1

only if they have phasing and allow pvp in the pvp phasing...

You say this yet you Kickstarted a game that is 100% PvP based?

WOW, so easily confused.  Stay in school.

  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 812

7/31/13 6:31:31 PM#49
Originally posted by Affordable

Two tweets.

 

 

I always wanted to play the MMO love child of EQ and VG. I cant believe the game is real.

Like in i cant believe its that way brad says it is. Iv been hoping for a game like this for so long and had my hope up way to much to get overly excited like EQN is my MMO messiah. As much as i want it to be i highly doubt that it will be. I hope that im wrong but history, MY history, would beg to differ.

  killahh

Novice Member

Joined: 8/25/04
Posts: 454

As famous as the unknown soldier

7/31/13 6:34:56 PM#50
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by onlinenow25
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by DocBrody
Originally posted by Epicent
Originally posted by azzamasin
All this does is reinforce my belief that EQN wil be a PvE centric sandbox.  The first of its kind.  2 moar days!!!!

If done correctly I would get very excited about this.

with PvP allowed everywhere +1

only if they have phasing and allow pvp in the pvp phasing...

You say this yet you Kickstarted a game that is 100% PvP based?

WOW, so easily confused.  Stay in school.

hehe )

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

  Latronus

Novice Member

Joined: 1/10/08
Posts: 718

PC is not political correctness, it means Political Cowardice!

7/31/13 6:35:44 PM#51
Originally posted by Affordable

Two tweets.

 

 

If BM said the sky was blue, I wouldn't believe it until I could verify it myself.  That turd shouldn't ever be allowed near any type software under development EVER!

  Bordonin

Novice Member

Joined: 8/05/03
Posts: 3

7/31/13 6:37:36 PM#52

*phew* it's sure getting tough to read posts on MMORPG these days....  

Where did all the negativity come from?  I've been playing MMO's as much and as long as anyone I know, long before they were called MMO's.  What I want to know is why all the hate?  If they weren't fun would we have dedicated the thousands and thousands of hours???

As for EQ Next, I'm certainly excited.  Enjoyed EQ1 and EQ2 although I never made endgame in EQ2.  I love the lore and the IP and am excited to delve back into it. In fact if Friday's reveal tells us EQN won't be ready for months or years, I will probably join a progression guild in EQ2 or delve into Project 99 for a refresher... :)

Why?  I love MMO game play!  

Give be a big beautiful world, an avatar with a stick and let me beat the crap out of chickens for their feathers with some friends and I'm a happy puppy!  :)  

 

 

 

 

Played Meridian 59, UO, EQ1, EQ2, WOW, DAOC, Asherons Call, AOC, Warhammer Online, GW1, GW2, Rift, Vanguard, etc....
Currently waiting for EQnext...

  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 812

7/31/13 6:38:37 PM#53
Originally posted by arcatom
This is really good news. Two of my favorite MMOs. If the crafting is as fleshed out and robust as the Vanguards was, then I will be a very happy man

More then anything i want to know about the crafting. It the #1 thing for me. If its like VG crafting then ill pre order EQN the first chance i get.

  NagelRitter

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/18/13
Posts: 613

7/31/13 6:39:28 PM#54
Originally posted by onlinenow25

You say this yet you Kickstarted a game that is 100% PvP based?

He can't like different features in different contexts?

Favorite MMO: Vanilla WoW
Currently playing: GW2, EVE
Excited for: Wildstar, maybe?

  DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/25/12
Posts: 2388

7/31/13 6:41:29 PM#55
Originally posted by Latronus
Originally posted by Affordable

Two tweets.

 

 

If BM said the sky was blue, I wouldn't believe it until I could verify it myself.  That turd shouldn't ever be allowed near any type software under development EVER!

Then EQ1 would never have existed, and Vanguard wouldn't have been anywhere close to as amazing a game as it is today.

  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 812

7/31/13 6:42:14 PM#56
Originally posted by waynejr2

One Word:  Vanguard Next.

Ok, that's two words, but we're talking hype!

Still, I am happy so far about the hype.

I would be more then ok with this LOL.

  issling

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/09/12
Posts: 121

I have my rose tinted glass's at a full shine!

7/31/13 6:48:33 PM#57
I sure hope he is right:) Since I have gotten home from work and have had a couple beers to unwind, I am just wondering if Titan was pushed back because of EQN and did you see that pic they posted on their Facebook page about permadeath:) Just thought I would stir the pot;)
  xAPOCx

Elite Member

Joined: 10/25/12
Posts: 812

7/31/13 6:50:09 PM#58
Originally posted by DavisFlight

Vanguard was a shining gem in a sea of AAA shit.

Brad, despite everything that happened, can do no wrong in my book. If he's being honest, then we may be in for a real treat. I assume at LEAST he's referring to a seamless world.

 

Originally posted by keenber
Originally posted by bcbully
VG had FFA!

He said things we wanted to put into VG but couldn't because of the tech not what was in VG.

 

Food for thought, some of the things that got cut were, boats between continents, naval and flying combat, guild vs guild territory control war areas set on islands in the middle of the ocean, dynamic weather that impacted spells...

So... perhaps we're there.

Ahh yes. The things that were goin to be in VG but never made it.

 

I remember reading that a druid spell could make you boat go faster. Things impacted the world around you. Shame VG never got to see its true potential.

  baphamet

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/05/06
Posts: 2608

110100100

7/31/13 7:06:39 PM#59


Originally posted by Vonatar
Brad's on the SOE payroll, so why anyone would think his opinion of EQN is anything other than marketing is beyond me.

exactly, why is this any different than the hype from smed? its no different.

  LacedOpium

Novice Member

Joined: 11/22/12
Posts: 260

7/31/13 7:42:00 PM#60
Originally posted by Bordonin

*phew* it's sure getting tough to read posts on MMORPG these days....  

Where did all the negativity come from?  I've been playing MMO's as much and as long as anyone I know, long before they were called MMO's.  What I want to know is why all the hate?  If they weren't fun would we have dedicated the thousands and thousands of hours???

As for EQ Next, I'm certainly excited.  Enjoyed EQ1 and EQ2 although I never made endgame in EQ2.  I love the lore and the IP and am excited to delve back into it. In fact if Friday's reveal tells us EQN won't be ready for months or years, I will probably join a progression guild in EQ2 or delve into Project 99 for a refresher... :)

Why?  I love MMO game play!  

Give be a big beautiful world, an avatar with a stick and let me beat the crap out of chickens for their feathers with some friends and I'm a happy puppy!  :)  

 

 

 

 

 

Joined MMORPG in 2003 and the hype in EQN elicited your first post?

 

Now that's epic!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search