Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,733 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,307
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/16/99)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest Forum » Hogcaller Inn (General) » Everquest goes free to play!

4 posts found
  sebbonx

Novice Member

OP  5/09/12 6:07:08 PM#1

It sucks so bad I can't stand it.

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

LadyAlibi

Novice Member

Where was I last night?
Probably ONLINE.

6/28/12 9:21:54 AM#2

I don't even mind the game itself, but the restrictions on the free players are a little over-the-top.  I was kind of enjoying my gnome wizard, though... But when I reinstalled Windows, I didn't bother to reinstall EQ, because pretty much any other free-to-play game is more fun and more free. (Sadly. For me. YMMV.)

ColumbiaTrue

Apprentice Member

7/05/12 2:28:34 PM#3
Originally posted by LadyAlibi

I don't even mind the game itself, but the restrictions on the free players are a little over-the-top.  

It is outrageous! I do not understand, and I cannot comprehend, why SOE is committed to creating F2P options that really prevent the F2P players and paying players from benefitting from F2P.

SOE is trying to be clever and get one over the F2P players, but  the restrictions literally restrict F2P players from converting to paid players and paid players from benefitting from F2P players.

The SOE F2P option is designed to fail from the beginning. 

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

CasualMaker

Hard Core Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.

I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

7/06/12 12:26:04 PM#4

Hmm, didn't I just hear you crying this same tune over in Vanguard? Frankly I found EQ's FTP conversion a bit less obnoxious than EQ2's inital freebie (I guess SOE learned something, for once). There was a big half-price sale on the Market a while back, and I unlocked all the classes and all the races that I have any interest in.