Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | Rift | EverQuest Next

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,230 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,567
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/16/99)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest Forum » Hogcaller Inn (General) » seems the game is too far gone for me...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  Arclan

Spotlight Poster

"Ideas are worthless. The only currency that holds any weight is the ability and drive to execute."

5/17/12 11:13:00 AM#21

Chukekle, we agree to disagree. You think I'm insane; I think you lack basic math skills. Have a good day.

/edit. Gee look what a 5 minute google search turned up...

"In total, about 5 million people have played EverQuest, according to John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment."

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/03/15/everquest-abandons-monthly-fee-in-search-for-lost-players/

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit
video game company layoffs are twice the national average.

sebbonx

Novice Member

5/21/12 7:28:48 PM#22

Lol, someone quoted Smed for a fact, that is to funny!

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

Tokken

Hard Core Member

"I'm your Huckleberry!"

7/06/12 2:01:46 PM#23

what kind of game is EQ1 now?  I know it's F2P but what have they done to the game?  Is it dumbed down, easier to level like WOW....... How is the community? Is it easy to find groups? Is there solo content?

I miss the game but I'm not sure how much of it's integrity remained......

UO, EQ, DAoC, SWG, WOW, EQ2, CoH, CoX, VG, Aion, STO, CO, DCUO, LOTRO, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, DP, NW, TSW, MH, DDO, Rift, WS, ESO, Trove, LM

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

7/06/12 2:04:07 PM#24

Just adding spell vendors in a nice little horizontal row in the PoK library who sale all spells would go a long way to improving the game for me.   Having spells drop from mobs and/or crafted is a design decision best left in 1999.

Flaming_MMO

Novice Member

7/06/12 2:09:07 PM#25
Originally posted by SuperXero89

Just adding spell vendors in a nice little horizontal row in the PoK library who sale all spells would go a long way to improving the game for me.   Having spells drop from mobs and/or crafted is a design decision best left in 1999.

They did this earlier this year.  For all spells up to 85 at least.  Much easier now than it was

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

7/06/12 2:10:50 PM#26
Originally posted by Flaming_MMO

They did this earlier this year.  For all spells up to 85 at least.  Much easier now than it was

That's good for new players and alts, but in my opinion, they didn't go far enough.

teakbois

Apprentice Member

7/06/12 2:33:45 PM#27

I completely and very strongly disagree with this statement.  Its nice to not have everything handed to you.  Besides, EQ did a compromise with the rank system.  You get the base spell from a vendor, then can improve it via group/bazaar, or further improve it via raid.

teakbois

Apprentice Member

7/06/12 2:41:44 PM#28
Originally posted by Tokken

what kind of game is EQ1 now?  I know it's F2P but what have they done to the game?  Is it dumbed down, easier to level like WOW....... How is the community? Is it easy to find groups? Is there solo content?

I miss the game but I'm not sure how much of it's integrity remained......

with mercenaries its very, very easy to level into your 60s, where you will want to stop and gather some AAs.  It is after that where the game starts reverting back to the forced grouping model, though with mercs a group often consists of 3 people + 3 mercs, or people just 3 box away.  At the very top level theres less of this, but its still there.

The game is 13 years old, and while it still has a decent population its top heavy to the extreme and even with a very fast first 60 levels its an *extremely* long climb to get to the top again, and it will be tough to find people to do it with.  

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

7/06/12 3:12:27 PM#29
Originally posted by teakbois

I completely and very strongly disagree with this statement.  Its nice to not have everything handed to you.  Besides, EQ did a compromise with the rank system.  You get the base spell from a vendor, then can improve it via group/bazaar, or further improve it via raid.

It's a flippin' spell.  Nevermind grinding 95 levels, 2 thousand AAs, and grinding for gear just to be on par with the diehard players who remain in EQ after all these years.  I just want spells to be equal for everyone across the board.

You should not be forced to grind or pay an exorbitant fee at the bazaar to get items as integral to playing your class as a spell or class ability.  EQ is a 13 year old game, and old games naturally have a much higher barrier of entry.  I don't think this would kill EQ, so sometimes we have to set our pride aside and admit that simplifying some aspects of gameplay are better for its longevity.

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

I am here to chew bubblegum and to kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

7/06/12 4:15:11 PM#30
Originally posted by bestman22

I wouldnt mind coming back to EQ, it popped my cherry so to speak but just from reading its like a year long grind just getting into the game to be able to play it... not only do you have to level to 90 or 95 or whatever it is now, but if you want to tank/heal current content you also have to grind like 2 to 3k aa just to compete with a mercenary, then you also have to go on endless evercamps to get all the augments for your gear, then get your discs/auras/spells...

I hate to say it but no drop was the worst thing they did to everquest, I miss  the good old days when you sat in EC tunnel selling your wares, or buying other peoples stuff.  Now adays only the crap gear seems sellable, everything else you must camp for yourself in person for days.  I also miss the days where you could tell what people had by just looking at them instead of every armor looking the same... the dresses now are the only things with style... in velious I remember getting all the rygor armor I could for my ranger because it looked so much better than the other alternatives, black iron was actually black chain, the ranger quest armor was dark green, fear armor was green plate looking... and damn that helm of the tracker from growth looked nice...

I guess really just too many years have gone by, and I just dont want to make the time investment to get back into the game and get to a playable level again....

Do they not have the NO no drop server anymore? I believe it was called Firiona Vie or somethign similar.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

teakbois

Apprentice Member

7/06/12 4:20:50 PM#31

You should not be forced to grind or pay an exorbitant fee at the bazaar to get items as integral to playing your class as a spell or class ability.  

then EQ isnt for you.  EQ is largely about the social experience, and pulling camps for drops is largely a social experience.

Trappin

Novice Member

7/08/12 7:44:52 AM#32

teakbois, I don't think people come  to this board for an honest discussioin, they come here to vent and rage at  the gaming world or smedly or the price of coffee.  The one guy opened with "if pok vendors would sell spells, that would be a huge step forward" then when someone eles points out the fact that PoK vendors do in fact now sell spells - the  person then responds " well thats just not good enough". 

He sets the conditions for a discussion then alters those same conditions when it suits.

I hate SOE

EQ sucks

Merc suck

EQ FTP model sucks

2 Pages « 1 2 Search