Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Shards | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,374 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,293,901
Sony Online Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/16/99)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Everquest Forum » Beginner's Corner » Need some Necromancer advice

3 posts found
  Sawtooth

Advanced Member

OP  9/22/12 12:22:40 AM#1

I haven't played EQ since around the Velious expansion, and randomly got nostalgic and wanted to give it a try again. Since I probably won't have time to start up for a week or two, I figured I would ask for some advice. I'm trying a free account, and I guess I have to buy the Necromancer class to play it (which is fine, it was my favorite class). I'm going to make a human because they're my favorite race.

Really, I think I just have three questions. First, assuming you still get bonus attribute points to spend at creation, where should I put them as a human (I know it's not a big deal later on with gear). Second, since I have to pick a deity as a necro, does my choice really do anything besides initial faction standing with certain groups? Finally, what sort of merc should I use, I don't know how the pet and spells factor in to the choice?

PhoenixC13

Advanced Member

12/06/12 12:52:36 AM#2
Stam is best stat to stack because later on all your gear will be loaded with Int. Not sure on diety you should do.  As for merc at the start you will want the tank.  Later on you will want the Wiz if you use one you can root and dot and he will nuke for you.  As a necro you really wont need a merc if your rooting and doting.

phantomghost

Novice Member

"Kill me, my man kills you, that's how you lose."

12/06/12 1:01:25 AM#3

As he stated, stamina is a good stat to do, if you cannot place all points in stamina, probably just do int after that.

Your deity will not have much impact on you as a necro.  Maybe later on there may be some deity specific items, but nothing major or game changing.

Mercs early on to level the fastest use the warrior merc it will take you to the 50-60s easily. 

Higher up it depends.  If you are going to be kiting, you may want the rogue merc as it will chase the mob down and deal high damage from behind.  However, you may need to press a lot of buttons to make sure it does not attack until you have agro etc and it may die if you lose agro. 

The wizard merc may not be bad but root will cause it to attack your pet, so this will be fast killing as well, but you need to keep the pet healed.

You may even use a cleric if you want to just burn the target and let cleric heal your pet.

Or you could skip the merc and take all the xp.

"I see they watchin' me and takin' notes on my moves, Run up on me it's all I want I ain't got nothin' to lose."