EverQuest, originally launched in 1999, was one of the first MMORPGs to achieve great success and notoriety in the genre. Sony Online Entertainment's game has spawned a large number of successful expansion packs, continually adding to the world of Norrath and its history, races and classes, making EQ one of the most robust games available. In 2004, the game spun off a hugely successful sequel, EverQuest II.
- Tons of Races and Classes to Try | With 16 unique races and 16 distinct classes to play, there's something for everyone to try out while building characters to Everquest's level cap of 90.
- Expansive World to Explore | The world of Norrath has over 500 zones to explore, and Everquest has received 18 expansions of content in its over 13 years of post-launch development.
- Free to Play | Once bound to a subscription fee, Everquest now offers a free-to-play version that allows access to 17 of the game's expansions (except for the most recent Veil of Alaris expansion) and several races and classes, but requires real money purchases or a monthly subscription to unlock more features and content.
- Good | Choose among the Good races of Norrath from the Barbarians, Dwarves, Halflings, High Elves, and Wood Elves.
- Evil | Build your character from the Evil races of Dark Elves, Iksar, Ogres, and Trolls.
- Neutral | Pick from the Neutral races of Drakkin, Erudite, Froglok, Gnomes, Half Elves, Humans, and Vah Shir.
- Melee | Wade into battle with the Berserker, Monk, Rogue, and Warrior classes.
- Priest | Heal and buff your allies and weaken your enemies with the Cleric, Druid and Shaman classes.
- Caster | Wield powerful ranged magic and summon pets with the Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, and Wizard classes.
- Hybrid | Do a little bit of everything with the Bard, Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, and Shadowknight classes.
The EverQuest site has been updated with a brief look at the 2017 schedule for unlocking expansion content on the Phinigel server as well as the voting schedule for Ragefire and Lockjaw.
Posted Jan 29, 2017 by Catherine Daro
A brief preview of the next EverQuest update has been posted on the official site. Among other things, players can look forward to combat adjustments and AA ability consolidations.
Posted Aug 03, 2016 by Suzie Ford
Beginning today, EverQuest players can experience the past by participating in anniversary events from 2004-2013. Each NPC has a series of special quests tied to a given year in the past. The event begins today, Wednesday, April 27th and will last through Wednesday, June 8th giving plenty of time to see it all.
Posted Apr 27, 2016 by Suzie Ford
The EverQuest Ragefire progression server has unlocked the Scars of Velious expansion according to a post on the official site. All Access members can check it out for themselves.
Posted Mar 22, 2016 by Suzie Ford
EverQuest is ready to unleash the party hats with today's commencement of the 17th anniversary celebration. Players will be able to take part in a pair of in-game events that have gone live today and that will run through April 27th.
Posted Mar 16, 2016 by Suzie Ford