Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,055 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,519
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » who thinks star citizen will be a beast?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
131 posts found
  Creatorzim

Novice Member

5/01/14 12:00:11 AM#101
Game sounds like a huge pay to win to me. Never been interested in those. $15k package is just insane.

Marpac

Apprentice Member

5/04/14 11:52:03 AM#102
Can so one explain me what is so grate about this game.... Im realy strugling to like it ....
  Salio69

Advanced Member

5/09/14 7:18:46 AM#103
i just recently started reading up on it, to check out it. seems like a pay to win cash grab style game to me. i'll be avoiding it.
  DocBrody

Advanced Member

5/20/14 9:47:17 AM#104
Originally posted by Salio69
i just recently started reading up on it, to check out it. seems like a pay to win cash grab style game to me. i'll be avoiding it.

what the hell is pay to win? you hallucinating???

yes please............. avoid it

summitus

Novice Member

5/20/14 10:09:05 AM#105

Elite Dangerous FTW ! :)

But seriously, I bought a basic ship package in SC, the only problem its like a slideshow on my PC , the Hangar module that is. I think its going to be the most expensive game I ever bought because I'm going to have buy  a new PC just to play it. Unless of course it just hasn't been optimized yet ! :)

User Deleted
5/20/14 10:51:37 AM#106
I feel this game will be a good alternative for when I am not playing anything or taking a break from fantasy-based games. And who knows if it ends up the game to play. Estimated release Q1 2016 according to some sources, by that time the Repopulation will be around. Good times are coming fellas.
  Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

5/20/14 1:19:45 PM#107
Originally posted by summitus

Elite Dangerous FTW ! :)

But seriously, I bought a basic ship package in SC, the only problem its like a slideshow on my PC , the Hangar module that is. I think its going to be the most expensive game I ever bought because I'm going to have buy  a new PC just to play it. Unless of course it just hasn't been optimized yet ! :)

It's a little of both. No, they haven't optimized it yet so the performance will get better but it is still going to be a beast of a game when it comes to system specs.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

mayito7777

Advanced Member

5/20/14 1:58:27 PM#108
Originally posted by archeageking

i backed star citizen. Who here thinks this will blow eve out of water?

true sandbox space, i cant wait.

Not me, game is made for hardcore only, big fail

Dr_Shivinski

Hard Core Member

5/20/14 2:11:09 PM#109

I understand that because they are both space games people feel the need to compare EVE to Star Citizen. But they are not even close to being comparable. One is a space flight sim with some mmo elements, the other is a submarine simulator with a space backdrop and tacticool gameplay. 

Star Citizen should hopefully turn out to be great, but it will be great in its own way. Unless at some point you can have battles like EVE's B-R massacre where thousands of players were on grid at once duking it out, I don't see SC "blow(ing) eve out of the water" But alot of us will play SC, even if we don't outright abandon EVE for it.

Here Siggy Siggy!

Teala

Spotlight Poster

"Really officer, they're herbs."

5/20/14 2:38:48 PM#110
Originally posted by Dauntis

I really think this title will fail under it's designer's own hubris. 

With only top end systems being able to play, the player base will turn out too small to support it, as people will not want to keep funding it like they are the kickstarter. Most people who want to play this sort of game are already playing EVE and even if they jump ship to try the new shiny, they won't want to leave what the built in EVE, especially if they have to upgrade their system to play it.  

Really if this game is a success it will be a modest success at best. 

I think I agree.  Having been watching Star Citizen since it was first announced it seems to have fallen into the one thing Chris said wouldn't happen and that is "feature creep". 

mayito7777

Advanced Member

5/20/14 3:00:47 PM#111
Originally posted by Teala
Originally posted by Dauntis

I really think this title will fail under it's designer's own hubris. 

With only top end systems being able to play, the player base will turn out too small to support it, as people will not want to keep funding it like they are the kickstarter. Most people who want to play this sort of game are already playing EVE and even if they jump ship to try the new shiny, they won't want to leave what the built in EVE, especially if they have to upgrade their system to play it.  

Really if this game is a success it will be a modest success at best. 

I think I agree.  Having been watching Star Citizen since it was first announced it seems to have fallen into the one thing Chris said wouldn't happen and that is "feature creep". 

Another issue and this has been mentioned on their forums, this game is not directed towards casual players, Star Citizen is a hardcore gamer dream, the devs have said so, this game is for top gamers with top computers, no for the casual low budget computer player.

FlyByKnight

Novice Member

5/20/14 3:14:05 PM#112
If by beast you mean theYeti, then yes.  We've heard of it, it seems pretty cool to experience... but no one will actually see the real thing, only stories.
  Fdzzaigl

Elite Member

5/20/14 3:19:20 PM#113

An ugly beast or a pretty beast?

A beast it will indeed be, as an example of how big crowdfunding can get. However, I'm not so convinced yet that it'll be a crazy good product. I also feel that many people have been very unwise with their money.

However, if it does manage to be great, I'll definitely play it.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

DocBrody

Advanced Member

5/21/14 7:33:38 AM#114

I pity a lot of other developers because SC will make every other space game redundant, that is 100% sure

this game has everything and by 2015 it will be THE game to play

Rommie10-284

Hard Core Member

Really Uncle Bugs?

Spirit of Fair Play is slain by Online Community!

5/22/14 9:36:29 AM#115

Will be - it's far too early to know

Could be - chances are still good for Yes, but you can't expect ANYthing from a MMO until you get to play the actual game.

MumboJumbo

Hard Core Member

Veni, Vidi, Converti

5/22/14 10:07:00 AM#116
Even though space presents problems (discombobulated for example!!), I think the base game could be the seed to a huge game subsequently. Might see another WOW boom.
  lickm3

Advanced Member

5/23/14 4:03:24 AM#117

I think its just a shit and that guy milk you all out. For $40M after 2 years develop you have there one fucking hangar and nothing? Don't get me wrong, but that's just too hilarious when he could hire like 300 progamators/artist/graphics for that money.

What he did instead ? He kept money flow as much as possible. At least he finished something - hoodie for another 35$, LMAO!

I bet it will the biggest SCAM in history and all that thanks to kickstarter. Money first as usually!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein

Marpac

Apprentice Member

5/25/14 8:08:16 AM#118
Originally posted by lickm3

I think its just a shit and that guy milk you all out. For $40M after 2 years develop you have there one fucking hangar and nothing? Don't get me wrong, but that's just too hilarious when he could hire like 300 progamators/artist/graphics for that money.

What he did instead ? He kept money flow as much as possible. At least he finished something - hoodie for another 35$, LMAO!

I bet it will the biggest SCAM in history and all that thanks to kickstarter. Money first as usually!

+1

Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

5/25/14 8:18:03 AM#119
Originally posted by lickm3

Yeah... That must be why Alex Mayberry left his nice cushy job at Blizzard being the Lead Producer for Diablo III and World of Warcraft for every expansion since The Burning Crusade. He left a hell of a lot of job security behind to become the Executive Producer of Star Citizen. Yeah... they are just a bunch of scammers.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

5/25/14 8:20:24 AM#120

Well...your enthusiasm is to be applauded, and you are definitely backing a guy with a proven track record of putting out quality games.

However, the best laid plans of mice and men...mistakes could be made, unforeseen issues, etc etc. However getting to the essence of your question, it could.

If all goes as advertised, and everything that is supposed to be in the game and working, then yes I believe it will be 'beast' to those that enjoy this particular genre of on-line game. One of the problems people have is the: If I like it, everyone will or just the opposite. That simply is not the case, most of the truly objective people can recognize a good game even though it may not be to their particular taste. Having said that, most forum users don't have the ability to be objective. In my experience/opinion.

So the bottom line is: Yes, it probably will be for people that like this sort of game.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search