Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,769 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,352
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » i backed star citizen i want to know.............

11 posts found
  archeageking

Apprentice Member

OP  3/01/14 4:19:00 AM#1

i donAted to star citizen, i want to know if this could be eve online but in rel time dogfights, epic space fighting, battleship fights,

freedom to choose anything you want to do, but not like eve where its  spreadsheet, its boring.

What i want to experience is mmo space like battlestar galatica style mmo.

politics, dogfights, scouting mining , and actual epic mothership epic fights all in 3d.

Dr_Shivinski

Advanced Member

3/01/14 4:35:00 AM#2
It's more akin to Freelancer than EVE. 

Here Siggy Siggy!

Instigator-Jones

Hard Core Member

3/01/14 4:55:45 AM#3
Originally posted by archeageking

i donAted to star citizen, i want to know if this could be eve online but in rel time dogfights, epic space fighting, battleship fights,

freedom to choose anything you want to do, but not like eve where its  spreadsheet, its boring.

politics, dogfights, scouting mining , and actual epic mothership epic fights all in 3d.

Let me get this straight. You BACKED this and you DON'T know the details. CR has been up front and very descriptive about SC since the campaign began. I'd suggest checking out the official site and watch a few vids.

RefMinor

Advanced Member

Hipster

3/01/14 7:20:03 AM#4

No it won't.

shinkan

Novice Member

3/01/14 7:41:21 AM#5

Its posts like this that make these forums such great entertainment :)

goboygo

Hard Core Member

3/01/14 10:17:30 AM#6
It will be really fun your money was well spent.
  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

3/03/14 6:37:34 AM#7

you couldn't just play an interceptor?

Minsc

Novice Member

3/04/14 5:22:13 PM#8

The battles won't be on the same scale as in EVE because it would be impossible with current technology. That being said the combat in SC will be much more visceral than in EVE due to both the player perspective and control scheme.

If you ever played Wing Commander or Freelancer than you know what to expect.

Superman0X

Elite Member

3/04/14 5:25:05 PM#9

Originally posted by Minsc

Originally posted by archeageking i donAted to star citizen, i want to know if this could be eve online but in rel time dogfights, epic space fighting, battleship fights, freedom to choose anything you want to do, but not like eve where its  spreadsheet, its boring.   What i want to experience is mmo space like battlestar galatica style mmo. politics, dogfights, scouting mining , and actual epic mothership epic fights all in 3d.
The battles won't be on the same scale as in EVE because it would be impossible with current technology. That being said the combat in SC will be much more visceral than in EVE due to both the player perspective and control scheme. If you ever played Wing Commander or Freelancer than you know what to expect.
I would not be too sure on that. Check out this:

http://www.ageofascent.com/

Kenrich

Advanced Member

3/04/14 5:27:26 PM#10
Well Chris Roberts created Wing Commander and Freelancer so that should give you some idea of how SC will play.

Bacon makes the world go round

druarc

Novice Member

"Phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Bill the cat

3/17/14 8:38:58 PM#11

He also created WC: Privateer (one of my all time fav's), as well as Starlancer, another great game of the time.