Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,689 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,456
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » SC has 212 developers

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  reeereee

Advanced Member

3/15/14 11:57:00 PM#21
So this is like the mirror image of that thread where they analyze how much a game makes, and how little content has been added and ask where all the money is going?
  jonrd463

Novice Member

3/16/14 12:05:43 AM#22

OH MY GOD! People have jobs!

Time for a lynch mob!

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

grndzro

Advanced Member

3/16/14 1:26:48 AM#23

You have the planet building teams

You have the Ship building teams

You have the team working AI integration

You have story and quest teams

You have a team working on combat mechanics

You have a team working on processing and server requirements, code optimization, Projected hardware requirements. SC's Cryengine is already NV optimized. SC is is also going full blown Mantle. There is a lot of work making both work equally well.

There is probably a team doing thinktank and finding out what people want.

There is an in game economy team.

There is a Music and sound effects team.

There is a marketing department.

There is probably a team dedicated to the development infrastructure.

The list is probably incomplete and mabye inaccurate but it highlights where staff goes. I'd imagine the planet building team is pretty big.

The fact that SC has this many employees and good managment shows that the $ is indeed going to development and the projected business model they have for fund allotment is working. 212 Employees is a very good sign that we will see some really cool shit in upcoming months.

dave6660

Hard Core Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

3/16/14 3:16:52 AM#24

Was this staffing originally intended or added because the project was falling behind?

If it's the former than it's fine, if it's the latter I'd be worried.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

grndzro

Advanced Member

3/16/14 6:45:11 AM#25
Originally posted by dave6660

Was this staffing originally intended or added because the project was falling behind?

If it's the former than it's fine, if it's the latter I'd be worried.

I wouldn't worry about the project falling behind or about timelines.

It's the most ambitious space sim project I have ever seen and all the indicators are the team is doing very good work on all aspects. The modeling looks fantastic. The attention to detail is unparalelled. The AI should be top notch. The economy walkthroughs are good, and the game with each funding goal the game keeps getting better and better. With AMD's Mantle and the engine already NV optimized performance should be very good across the board. Especially since NV is not just going to lie down and let Mantle demolish it performance wise.

There are bound to be Hiccups in the project timelines with such a project. There are so many new things that are being done with SC that I have the stance that it will be done when it's done attitude with it.

Shodanas

Elite Member

4/10/14 5:13:44 AM#26
Originally posted by asmkm22

Well, when the game gets delayed several times, and the stuff that IS available turns out to pretty crappy, feel free to come read this thread again.  I've seen these kinds of games come and go a number of times.  It will be defined by too much promised and not nearly enough produced.  You'll end up with yet another example of "it looked good on paper" that's rabidly defended by a small but vocal following, and ignored by practically everyone else.

Even worse is how they are planning to release various modules (chunks of gameplay) at different times throughout this year, leading up to a full retail release of the complete game next year.  Watch and see as the months roll by without anything solid coming out, and the full release in 2015 will get pushed back to 2016, etc..

It's what happens when you have a large project with too many people involved, and leadership that doesn't know how to manage it. 

Your foresight capabilities are amazing.  Why don't you seek a job in Wall Street and become filthy rich?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search