Trending Games | Hearthstone | Rift | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,313 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,820
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » Need for a new computer?:(

4 posts found
  Niall18

Novice Member

OP  11/03/13 6:38:47 PM#1

I recently found Star Citizen & as I learn more I wanted to jump rite into it. However I had gotten to alot of part where SC's main goal is to push the PC to its limits.. Does this mean us who have semi-good computers should just walk away, meaning if we cant play Planet side 2 we shudnt even be looking at SC?:/

Check out my Blog for MMO News, Rants & Fun!

http://MMO-Elitist.blogger.com

sheller

Novice Member

11/04/13 1:34:39 AM#2
Depends on how they optimize it, I'd think that it should be done well enough that you shouldn't need to purchase anything unless you want to run it on the absolute highest settings.
  Tibbz

Novice Member

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a group"

11/04/13 8:43:03 AM#3
PS2 has some pretty good Graphics settings allowing it to play on a lot of older machines.  What is your system?  If you can't play PS2 or any modern titles then you will definatley have issues playing up coming games.  

User Deleted
11/05/13 3:46:31 AM#4

Originally posted by MMOBlogger
I recently found Star Citizen & as I learn more I wanted to jump rite into it. However I had gotten to alot of part where SC's main goal is to push the PC to its limits.. Does this mean us who have semi-good computers should just walk away, meaning if we cant play Planet side 2 we shudnt even be looking at SC?:/

Yes, if your PC has problems to run PS2, you won't be able to play SC. The good news is, you have about two years to save up some cash to get a new PC.