Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,768,538 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,734
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » money grab machine

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found
  apanz3r

Apprentice Member

OP  10/05/13 7:08:29 PM#1

It looks like their main concern is to grab more money altough they allredy reached any goal they proposed.

The "limited available" ships return again for a week etc.

Bottomline : consume with  moderation, don;t fall in their marketing trap.

wucks

Hard Core Member

SOE ate my hamster

10/06/13 10:03:30 AM#2

Thanks for sharing.

User Deleted
10/06/13 10:28:17 AM#3

Originally posted by apanz3r
It looks like their main concern is to grab more money altough they allredy reached any goal they proposed.

Thanx a ton for the warning! So good to have ppl around that care about how I spend my money. Hope you will be there when I buy a new car! You are just ACE!

Thalore

Novice Member

10/06/13 12:05:26 PM#4

If anything it's player hype and speculation that causes people to buy ships (pledges) in Star Citizen. If they really were going for money grab they are doing a HORRIBLE job at it. Most of the pledges you see are just individuals that feel they need to keep up with the rest of the players, so they buy bigger ships. 

C_Glass

Novice Member

10/06/13 10:44:04 PM#5
The more money they make the more attention will be drawn to the space sim genre, which lord knows we definitely need more of, there's been nothing of note (to my knowledge) since Jumpgate Evolution went under.
  Raquis

Apprentice Member

10/06/13 10:46:45 PM#6

I was interested in star citizen but just fighting in space ships are boring.

I want missions on land,it should have been like mass effect then they could have grabbed my money.

idkmybff

Apprentice Member

10/06/13 11:09:55 PM#7
Originally posted by potlaki

I want missions on land,it should have been like mass effect then they could have grabbed my money.

You realize Mass Effect had zero space combat right?  Sure Normandy was a spaceship but it was ultimately a interactive road map.   

It also seems you arent informed about FPS combat/play in SC.     You will be able to run around FPS or third person on planets and ships.   This includes FPS combat ON PLANETS (a stretch goal already met!)       So yes you will be able to FPS on a planet at release just like ME.

xkorpio

Novice Member

10/09/13 3:48:51 PM#8
Originally posted by potlaki

Are you aware that actually the game reached the funding goals for ship boarding, starbase and land combat?

Check this

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Look for 16 million dollars forward (you receive a laser pistol at this point), in 20 million dollars goal is the fighting in lawless planets, not only station or platforms

Clerigo

Apprentice Member

Healing Over Time since 2004

10/13/13 9:31:52 AM#9

This is one of those threads that sould be locked imediately.

You give no valuable information whatsoever, you make an accusation without any kind of sense, you clearly show no knowledge of the project itself since its a crowd funded project and RSI made it clear from the start what people were having or not for each goal reached and with the increasing revenue more goals were added, and you come here saying something like that about a high quality project geting 21 millions fan based when there are AAA tittes out there spending 10 or 20 times more that dont fit in your perspective of things.

Omali

Hard Core Member

10/13/13 10:04:58 AM#10
Originally posted by Clerigo

This is one of those threads that sould be locked imediately.

You give no valuable information whatsoever, you make an accusation without any kind of sense, you clearly show no knowledge of the project itself since its a crowd funded project and RSI made it clear from the start what people were having or not for each goal reached and with the increasing revenue more goals were added, and you come here saying something like that about a high quality project geting 21 millions fan based when there are AAA tittes out there spending 10 or 20 times more that dont fit in your perspective of things.

The MMORPG.com forums have a reputation for being a swirling cesspool of hate-filled people bagging endlessly about games they never had any intention of playing or liking. OP's post is rather tame compared to the other people who post daily or weekly threads about the same games.

Reiketsu

Apprentice Member

11/03/13 1:38:52 PM#11

I see your posting here is about as intelligent as your posts on the SC boards.

Yep, available for a limited time.  Did you forget the part about "all ships will be available in game" or did you just decide to leave that little piece of info out....

User Deleted
11/03/13 1:39:48 PM#12

What does any of this have to do with whether or not their game will be good or not?

stragen001

Apprentice Member

Mr Flibble is VERY cross

11/03/13 1:43:43 PM#13

Cool story bro

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

firefly2003

Advanced Member

I miss you Star Wars Galaxies...:(

11/08/13 7:36:45 PM#14
Originally posted by stragen001

Cool story bro

Necro thread!!!! :D

Imsneaky

Advanced Member

11/11/13 3:59:47 AM#15
Originally posted by C_Glass
The more money they make the more attention will be drawn to the space sim genre, which lord knows we definitely need more of, there's been nothing of note (to my knowledge) since Jumpgate Evolution went under.

I agree.  I think the space sim is one of the greatest things you can play on a PC and I am really looking forward to this game.  It looks awesome!  I do hope, however, that it is not a grinder.  I can't stand grinders.  One of the greatest things about the WWIIOL game I used to play is that it did not elevate long time players to god status/ability.  Any noob with a rifle could oneshot the day-1 players, if his aim was good.

I, being an adult with responsibilities, will not be able to keep up with the guys who can log 10 hours a day.  IMHO, being able to play for 10 hours a day is its own reward.  If you play for 10 hours a day, and get complacent, and get jumped by a small squad of causal gamers, and find yourself outnumbered 3 to 1, it should end in a bad day for you, all other things being equal.  Many hours a day to play should not equal invulnerability or near invulnerability to when faced by a group of guys that have 3 to 5 hours a week to dedicate to gaming.  In fact, IMHO, to truly be a sim, the new guys have to have sharp fangs also.  Truth be told, if the casual gamer has better skills, even if far less time to game, he should win most one vs one confrontations vs lesser skilled gamers with many more hours to game.

I will say this.  I know they are two completely types of games, but I absolutely loved Mass Effect, even if they screwed the ending.  I liked it so much because of one thing and one thing only...where else could you hop around the galaxy fighting different races, and AI life forms?  Where else could you visit exotic locations on other planets?  Etc...  It fed a need...a need I hope will be fully satisfied by playing this game.

BTW, does anyone know if there is the intention to have other lifeforms/races?

rpmcmurphy

Advanced Member

11/11/13 4:17:17 AM#16
Ugh, didn't realise this was such an old thread.
  lickm3

Advanced Member

11/11/13 4:35:38 AM#17

A year ago I've written a post about it. So nothing new for me, but at least somebody new woke up.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein

yashae

Novice Member

11/11/13 12:29:54 PM#18

I just like the fact that the money pledged to Star Citizen goes directly to the game’s development needs.

Nobody pushing to launch it full of bugs.. because they want to earn money fast.

If you want the goal info = https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

goldtoof

Novice Member

11/11/13 12:36:34 PM#19
My main worry with this game is feature creep. the amount of money thrown at it just makes the feature list bigger and bigger.

I suspect either
A) they will never finish the thing or it will be massively delayed
B) the game will lack focus and be a jumble of disassociated parts.
  DamonVile

Elite Member

11/11/13 12:49:48 PM#20

I think the OP needs to look up what a money grab really is.

Gathering funds for development...is not a money grab. More money = bigger budget to do things.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search