Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Skyforge | Hearthstone

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,765 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,288
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » TERRA LANDING ZONE W.I.P. video - Feels quite Star Wars :)

5 posts found
  DeaconX

Novice Member

Stand up for what you believe; Even if you stand alone.
-==X==-
SHH, my COMMON SENSE is tingling!

OP  9/06/13 8:19:02 PM#1

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaFSd-ezQc

It's an early W.I.P. but already, its got me thinking 'THIS is what I was a Star Wars MMORPG were like... all the features of this game sound just great.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

9/09/13 11:46:31 AM#2

Yeah... I don't really get the people complaining it's too "big". This is Terra... It's supposed to be big in every conceivable way. Other places will look very different. I expect to see some really amazing stuff come from the FPS team they've got.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

AG-Vuk

Advanced Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Oh, I see it's too late to help you.

9/09/13 3:46:37 PM#3
Originally posted by Brenelael

Yeah... I don't really get the people complaining it's too "big". This is Terra... It's supposed to be big in every conceivable way. Other places will look very different. I expect to see some really amazing stuff come from the FPS team they've got.

Bren

The FPS  team has it's hands full if the movement animations are any indications. Currently the  movement WASD, sucks. ( but this is an alpha demonstrator ) It's overly linear and doesn't flow. For FPS that's a fail. On the bright side the introduction of the FPS should force work on improving this.  So, hopefully we won't be forced to suffer it much longer.

Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

9/09/13 9:38:00 PM#4
Originally posted by AG-Vuk
Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

The FPS  team has it's hands full if the movement animations are any indications. Currently the  movement WASD, sucks. ( but this is an alpha demonstrator ) It's overly linear and doesn't flow. For FPS that's a fail. On the bright side the introduction of the FPS should force work on improving this.  So, hopefully we won't be forced to suffer it much longer.

The WASD movement we are getting now was programmed by the Austin team... not the FPS team. If you watch the Terra video you'll notice the movement seems a lot tighter and not so "Floatie" like the Hangar movement is.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

chaintm

Advanced Member

"Shutting down threads sense 2004"

9/18/13 1:42:17 PM#5
When I first seen this I thought swg to be honest. Don't know why but sense Roberts had his hands in the space combat (which i did love in swg btw) I find allot of simularities in all his games. In anycase I look forward to it for sure.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"