Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,702 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,064
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » New Starship Reveal In-game Footage!!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  TheJoda

Novice Member

"Yes...... that's a Duck Staff of D00M!!!"

6/25/13 6:00:22 PM#21
God I cant wait for this game!!!!    I just hope two players can fly one ship ect...

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

SteinarB

Novice Member

6/25/13 6:09:11 PM#22
Originally posted by TheJoda
God I cant wait for this game!!!!    I just hope two players can fly one ship ect...

You're not the only one wishing there was a way to skip the time between now and release, but then we'd miss out on all the updates and info they release regularly. :D

And what do you mean with two players flying one ship?  You mean like two players sharing their ships so you can let someone else fly your bird if you're not using it (which I believe they're looking at ways of making that possible) or do you mean ships with room for more than one crewman?  Because that last one is already there.  The Freelancer has room for 2 crew (turret gunner and pilot), the Constellation has pilot, 2 turret gunners and 1 fighter pilot for the snubfighter it can launch.  The Idris Corvette and bigger ships will need even more people in order for you to realize their full potential and so on.

JT

Novice Member

6/25/13 6:09:25 PM#23
Originally posted by SteinarB

Alright.  Quoted from the latest article available on their website regarding questions on whether or not the video was in game footage or a specially made high poly model for cutscenes only:

"We would like to clarify one further thing about the commercial: the video you saw wasn’t just made in-engine, it used actual game models. You’re looking at the 300i mesh you will see in Star Citizen and not some high-poly fake created for cutscenes and good PR. What you’re seeing is what you’ll play."

The entire article is available on http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/a-new-record-300i-clarifications/

Good enough for you?  Well, it's the best you're going to get until the hangar module is released to backers in August where we'll be able to play around with customization and such as well as walk around and view our ships, get in and sit in the cockpit and so on.  The dogfighting alpha is scheduled for December when backers will get to actually fly their ships and we'll try to break stuff in order to find bugs and balance it all.

Oh, and considering I'm a child of the very early seventies (1972 to be exact) I doubt you played Wing Commander and the like before I was born, well unless you have a time machine in which case I would really like to borrow it so I can jump ahead to a date when Star Citizen is released.  Please? :D

EDIT: Forgot to comment on one thing.  There won't be any monthly fee to play the game.  You bought it, you own it.  The only thing you'd have to pay for is future single player mission/storyline packs like the old "Secret Missions" mission pack for Wing Commander.  All other updates (which are planned to be bi-weekly) where they add new ships, a new star system, an updated mechanic and so on will be free.

Well, I am a child of the 60's, so you got me on that one.  Of course, that was more of a generalization since I do know there are people my age or older here on the forums.  So if you found that offensive, I apologize.  Now, back to the main song and dance here.  I truly hope you do not believe everything they put out on their website.  When I actually see a video that obviously shows a real person controlling that ship or another ship "In-Game", then I will believe it.  Again, I truly hope it does look like this.  I want to play a game like this before my time here on Earth is done.  I wish I could live long enough to actually fly in space, but that ain't gonna happen. :)

JT

JT

Novice Member

6/25/13 6:12:18 PM#24
Yes, the idea is to use a micro-update system where they add a little bit to the game and do it quite often (as I said, bi-weekly is what they've been talking about so far) rather than wait for a whole bunch of content to build up and then release everything in some giant patch a few times a year.  It's really a continuation of the whole iterative dev process they're using where they're releasing bits and pieces of the game to be tested and played by the backers as they're ready (hangar module first, then dogfighting alpha, then the planetside module for social stuff, stores to buy/repair stuff for your ship ans so on and so forth).

A monthly update would be fine with me and release bug fixes on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

JT

bcbully

Elite Member

6/25/13 6:14:37 PM#25
yeah, um that doesn't look like ingame footage. Looks cool though.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

SteinarB

Novice Member

6/25/13 6:34:33 PM#26

I understand you guys being skeptics, I do.  Honestly, I do.  But having followed this project since the early crowdfunding campaign and having seen the way they do things and the way they treat the community they have given me absolutely no reason not to believe them when they say these are actual in-game assets rendered realtime in-engine rather than a pre-render made with something like Maya or the like.

Of course, if you choose to not believe that well, then there's nothing I can say or do to convince you otherwise, of course, since the game isn't released yet and the earliest anyone will get to play with anything is when the Hangar Module is released to backers in August.  So, I guess you'll just have to wait until August for the inevitable avalanche of YouTube videos.  And yes, CIG are actually on record as saying it'll be okay for the fans to make videos during the alpha and beta so long as the videos are good looking one and with the understanding that there _will_ be bugs in any alpha or beta version of a game.  That was in fact answered by Chris Roberts himself on one of the Wingman's Hangar episodes.  Does that sound like a company worried that things won't look as good as they're claiming?  Most alphas and betas from other companies have draconian NDAs to avoid bad publicity when things don't look as good or work as good as people had hoped.

TL, DR: CIG have earned my trust with their actions so far, I see no reason to believe they are lying.

TheJoda

Novice Member

"Yes...... that's a Duck Staff of D00M!!!"

6/25/13 7:29:45 PM#27
Originally posted by TheJoda

You're not the only one wishing there was a way to skip the time between now and release, but then we'd miss out on all the updates and info they release regularly. :D

And what do you mean with two players flying one ship?  You mean like two players sharing their ships so you can let someone else fly your bird if you're not using it (which I believe they're looking at ways of making that possible) or do you mean ships with room for more than one crewman?  Because that last one is already there.  The Freelancer has room for 2 crew (turret gunner and pilot), the Constellation has pilot, 2 turret gunners and 1 fighter pilot for the snubfighter it can launch.  The Idris Corvette and bigger ships will need even more people in order for you to realize their full potential and so on.

One flys and a gunner for example, or a main pilot and the other launches the snub fighter. 

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search