Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,197 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,104
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2015)  | Pub:Cloud Imperium Games Corporation
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Citizen Forum » General Discussion » Which Star Citizen package did you buy / pre-order?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
41 posts found
  Shodanas

Elite Member

10/29/12 8:29:02 AM#21
I got the "Make mine a double". I wanted the Lancer one but here in Greece financial affairs are a bit tight these days
  halobump

Spotlight Poster

The the Leader, the Pariah, the Victor, the Messiah - this is War.

11/16/12 11:10:07 PM#22
Definitely looking forward to this. No doubt Roberts is going to bring his A game to the table. I am amazed at the sheer amoumt of funding that has gone into this project. Suddenly I feel publishers are going to feel threatened. Saw a AMA on Kotoku with a hidden publisher and his reactions to kickstarters make me wonder. At the very least it is food for thought.

Riftstar

Novice Member

11/17/12 12:02:44 AM#23
"The Man" sounded good, so that's what I went with.

Playing: MWO
Waiting For: Star Citizen

FromHell

Novice Member

11/23/12 5:09:15 AM#24

glad I got my lifetime insurance on the ship I pledged for.

I can already see the whining of the non-pledgers when this amazing game comes out.

Very happy to be part of the funders club.

Too late now for others to get the campaign benefits.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

NightBandit

Hard Core Member

Make friends not money, then wealth will follow.

11/23/12 5:28:57 AM#25

I'm in a fotunate position thanks to my UK business which you can see here www.helpall.co.uk

So I paid for $1,100 to get:- (To The Stars!) but will be upgrading to $2,500:- (In The Distant Future...) later once I see they are doing what they claimed. If not then I will have to re-evaluate my position for any further investment.

It's important that this business model be given a chance as this could have very large implication for future development funding from the community. Obviously many people are fed up of sub standard products being released to the general public by major software companies, so this could be the way forward in the future.

Bandit

The Bandit

dinams

Novice Member

11/23/12 11:47:58 AM#26
I will just wait till theres more concrete stuff

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

11/23/12 1:00:39 PM#27
Originally posted by Bravix
Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
Originally posted by Yakamomoto
woah 16 votes, shows how meaningless this place is, over  1.2 millions from 13.000 backers so far and at this place.. crickets

No, it just shows this place has smarter people who understand the value of money.

But hey, you go with that "meaningless" theory if it makes ya feel better. lol

Looks like someones butt hurt.

Nuh uh!!!! We are more smarter than you are!!! HAHA I told him.

>.>

Why would I be butthurt that dumb people give money for non-existant products?

When there's an actual product, then ask me for my money.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

OP  11/23/12 1:06:56 PM#28
woah 16 votes, shows how meaningless this place is, over  1.2 millions from 13.000 backers so far and at this place.. crickets

No, it just shows this place has smarter people who understand the value of money.

>.>

Don't worry. Not everyone wants to be an investor in a fantastic community funded product and wants to get great rewards for being a founding member plus getting alpha and beta access.

It will be on the market soon enough for regular customers who are much, much smarter than we are...

noluk

Hard Core Member

11/23/12 4:36:40 PM#29
I got the Lancer for the wife (she doesnt know) and the Come fly with me for myself.  Wing Commander was an amazing game for it's time and changed many of my views about games on the PC.  If the new game is half as good as the original with great graphics then it will be money well spent.  In many ways Wing Commander and the follow-up games for Chris Roberts vision defined gaming for a generation of players.  Here is to holding out hope for the future in the stars.
  OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

11/23/12 11:16:53 PM#30

>.>

Don't worry. Not everyone wants to be an investor in a fantastic community funded product and wants to get great rewards for being a founding member plus getting alpha and beta access.

It will be on the market soon enough for regular customers who are much, much smarter than we are...

Unless this is a publicly traded company and you own stock, you're not an investor. You're gambling, not investing. At the very most, you're allowing yourself to be gouged for the privilege of a pre-order.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

User Deleted
11/25/12 6:44:00 PM#31
     I pledged the "Come Fly With Me" for $250. First reason for pledging is I really hope he can create a MMO freelancer with the current generation specs. I played EvE for 2 years and the combat was atrocious in my opinion. The other games he made were fantastic,  so I have no reason to doubt his capabilities. The second is that the pledge package is the first one that has an RSI Constellation as a starter ship, with a Rear Admiral Title. The third is the videos that show the actual combat do look promising, even after he admitted the lasers being fired were to slow because of a bug. To those who scoff at kick starting games, you can complain about the genre going down the toilet or do something about it. You chose to complain more and I did something by supporting a rising star. The $250 is nothing to me, I will have earned that back before I go to lunch tomorrow. If the game suceeds then I can be proud to be a part of it.
  dustyhayes

Novice Member

11/26/12 2:08:58 PM#32
Went with the Bounty Hunter (the $60 one) but you have listed it in the poll =/
  Flaeb

Novice Member

11/29/12 1:36:01 PM#33
The 250 one, plus I got more ships which made the Grand Total 730 dollars. I'm sick.
  neorandom

Novice Member

12/14/12 2:25:08 AM#34
the $550 dollar option seems about right, comes with all the ships and a signed ce.  
  Deelgarian

Novice Member

12/19/12 5:13:26 PM#35

The Man, for $500.  Plus about every one of the add-on ships.   My total is in what I call the "obscene" category, and I'd prefer not to think about it too much.  ;-)

But, will it be worth it?   Damn right it will be!

Vice Admiral Deelgarian, Star Citizen
http://www.sc-rogues.com | RSI Forums Thread | RSI Forum Group

Atrocitus

Novice Member

12/25/12 12:58:22 AM#36

Im currently debating on exactly how much I will be donating to this game. From the outset, it looks spectacular.

The vision Roberts has is stunning and innovative. Unlike The Repop where that guy is trying to do SWG 2, this game is

going to be, at some level, revolutionary.....

Cant wait for this game to release....

Silok

Apprentice Member

12/25/12 1:00:13 AM#37
None.. i will see what the game is made of before buying...
  Yizle

Novice Member

12/25/12 1:08:33 AM#38
Originally posted by spankybus

Yes, I am shocked. Minimal response at an mmorpg-based website for a game that is not an mmorpg. Who knew?

Maybe you can do a pole on fishing lures next?

It may have already been done. I think it was under D3

MellowTigger

Advanced Member

12/25/12 2:15:34 PM#39

I pledged on Kickstarter which didn't use the same naming convention as this poll.  Let me know the equivalent, and I'll register my vote in your poll.

I've paid over $500 into the project, so I'll be getting a Constellation ship (plus some other ships) with lifetime insurance.  The insurance is a really good digital-only reward for their backers.  I hope they make lots of money from direct sales when the game arrives late in 2014.  I would love to see game designers and programmers get to work on their devotional projects without interference from huge distributors.

Zinzan

Novice Member

12/25/12 2:36:37 PM#40
Originally posted by dustyhayes
Went with the Bounty Hunter (the $60 one) but you have listed it in the poll =/

Same here, bit of an indulgence but it was an interresting experience participating in a kick-starter.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search