Trending Games | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,277 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,293,379
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
241 posts found
  joshbaby03

Novice Member

OP  1/12/13 10:03:03 PM#1

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

1/12/13 10:04:53 PM#2

they can ban for whatever reason. Messing with their income is a sure way to get banned.

What did you expect them to do when you tried to reach into their pockets thru paypal and get your money back ? Be happy about it ?

you're trying to take back your money and they're trying to take back their product. Where's the fraud ?

User Deleted
1/12/13 10:05:34 PM#3
This is normal for them.  Just make a new account  if and when you want to play the game.  I don't think they've ever been accused of being a good company that makes good products, so lesson learned I guess.
  DarkestNite

Novice Member

1/12/13 10:16:50 PM#4
Yeah honestly expectations is not one of AV's strong point. Highly undependable, they created one "finished" (i guess) product that gave players quite a bit of freedom in the "conquest" area with very customizable combat. Basically a game for hardcore MMO Players to use so that they can call themselves hardcore. the only reason people signed up early for this game, is cuz they realize what a fucking grind DF 1 was and think that if they play from the beginning the game will actually be fun, and also becasue they were so butt-hurt that the game didnt release "on time" . Sadly the company planned on releasing a game that couldnt even really be considered a game so they just were like " shit were out of money......tell them we need pre orders and we will give them a beta"......planning is another one of AV's weak points. Im starting to wonder if tasos even works for AV or if he looks just through the windows and makes his own estimates about the game. And av was just like "ehh whatever, its not like we have to pay him" and just made him the company herald. regardless, everyone knows they are going to wipe the servers before the game goes offish soo basically, dont both getting it now...they have plenty of fucking testers, we got to see all 10k of them when we logged into the game the first time....what a nightmare. Just wait till it releases, spend ur money then. 
  niceguy3978

Elite Member

1/12/13 10:22:51 PM#5
Two things, first, did you ask AV directly for a refund, if not, why not?  If you did and they refused, then fine, request a refund from PayPal.  Second, isn't this basically the same as a chargeback if you had used a creditcard?  If so, then every mmo company I am aware of would ban the account.  I mean, why wouldn't they ban the account if you want your money back for the account?  Is this about forum posting under your known name or something?  I don't even understand what the problem is really.  Even if they agreed to give you your money back, you are no longer their customer and shouldn't have access to what a customer has access to.
  Corehaven

Novice Member

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

1/12/13 10:24:11 PM#6

Im a little confused.  What would be a more acceptable outcome OP?  Other than getting your money back? 

That they would allow you to keep playing?   Of course they're going to ban you from beta.  But since you didn't like the game anyways, why even post about it?  Why do you care? 

Is this to let the community know that if you try and get a refund from Darkfall you won't be able to play it anymore?  I mean if that's the case then thanks for letting everyone know I guess.  Although its about the most common sense thing I could possibly think off. 

paladin016

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 10:28:24 PM#7
Originally posted by Corehaven

Im a little confused.  What would be a more acceptable outcome OP?  Other than getting your money back? 

That they would allow you to keep playing?   Of course they're going to ban you from beta.  But since you didn't like the game anyways, why even post about it?  Why do you care? 

Is this to let the community know that if you try and get a refund from Darkfall you won't be able to play it anymore?  I mean if that's the case then thanks for letting everyone know I guess.  Although its about the most common sense thing I could possibly think off. 

Well, it's the same thing as going to wal-mart and asking to return your Video Game. They deny your refund but they take away the game. You lose, they win.

DarkestNite

Novice Member

1/12/13 10:28:39 PM#8
Oh and if you read the fine print of the terms and conditions it has a clause about pre order refunds. If you try to get one, they can ban you, easy as that. 
  GrayGhost79

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 10:31:37 PM#9
Originally posted by joshbaby03

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Adventurine banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

niceguy3978

Elite Member

1/12/13 10:35:00 PM#10
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

Yeah, I'm just not getting how this hasn't been resolved the way the OP wanted it to be.  I can only think that maybe they didn't want their account banned for forum purposes.  That really is the only thing that I can think of.

joshbaby03

Novice Member

OP  1/12/13 10:37:32 PM#11
I did try to get refund from AV directly before going the paypal route.  I am not saying I want access to the game as well as my money back, no not at all.  I am saying I have no refund, and no access...which isn't proper...if PayPal does refund my money then sure, I understand and all is well, but if not then they keep the money, and deny the access?
  DarkestNite

Novice Member

1/12/13 10:39:51 PM#12
Paypal refunds from companies in greece can take a LOOOOOOOONNNNG Time
  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

1/12/13 10:42:13 PM#13
I did try to get refund from AV directly before going the paypal route.  I am not saying I want access to the game as well as my money back, no not at all.  I am saying I have no refund, and no access...which isn't proper...if PayPal does refund my money then sure, I understand and all is well, but if not then they keep the money, and deny the access?

I guarantee you'll get your money...otherwise AV would never have known about your PayPal request.

it takes up to 48 hours for the money to transfer but very few seconds for the banhammer.

I think the ban itself indcates your money is on its way. you posted this on a saturday and banks don't usually operate saturdays...

3-4thElf

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 10:48:38 PM#14
Originally posted by Robokapp

I guarantee you'll get your money...otherwise AV would never have known about your PayPal request.

it takes up to 48 hours for the money to transfer but very few seconds for the banhammer.

I think the ban itself indcates your money is on its way. you posted this on a saturday and banks don't usually operate saturdays...

Yeah hope so.

I'm not going to play the game just cuz it doesn't hold snuff to Shadowbane. But hey if you fell entitled to a refund PayPal plays cool (they kind of suck too) all's well that ends well right?

a yo ho ho

User Deleted
1/12/13 10:53:45 PM#15
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

The more reasonable expectation is for them to simply remove his beta access.  They literally gain nothing when they ban accounts like this.  It's basically a situation where a small company is more willing to take petty, vindictive actioin against people that piss them off, rather than resolve the dispute in a proactive and professional manner in the first place.

The whole reason people have to have transactions like these cancelled in the first place is because the game company doesn't offer them any other choice.

User Deleted
1/12/13 10:56:13 PM#16
The game currently only gives access to people who have pre-paid, so why did you think you could continue to access the game after you had cancelled your payment?
  User Deleted
1/12/13 11:01:02 PM#17

I find this post confusing...

You take back your money, they take back the right for you to play the game.  Did you expect to get your money back and still be able to play a game that you did not pay for?

... /wonders

moosecatlol

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 11:11:51 PM#18
You already signed away your rights, anything you would do at this point would be called crying about it.
  sanshi44

Apprentice Member

1/12/13 11:19:32 PM#19
So OP took back there money and AV took back there game why does this not make snese to you OP?
  thinktank001

Hard Core Member

1/13/13 12:01:50 AM#20

Jed

What did you think you were getting?  

13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search