Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,787,515 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,363
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » #1 MMORPG of all Time!

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
85 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  12/06/12 7:03:41 PM#1
My prediction is that this game will be the #1 MMORPG of all time. Cya in AGON!
  Talgen

Old School

This is just my opinion and should be viewed as just that, an opinion

12/06/12 7:05:01 PM#2
And 15 days till the end of the world... predictions are awesome..
  XxGrimmxX

Novice Member

12/06/12 7:07:54 PM#3
I predict that an ancient race of cats will rise from a hole in the ground somewhre around South Carolina and overtake the human race sometime in the future. Notice how I honestly can't be wrong? Predictions are fun.
  MadnessRealm

Elite Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

12/06/12 7:18:10 PM#4
Alright, you can go back to your seat, Kanye.

------
Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

Seronys

Novice Member

12/06/12 7:38:34 PM#5
although others have different ways of measuring success, and some may not agree, but Darkfall is by far my favorite MMO i've ever played.
  kanechart

Tipster

12/06/12 10:14:31 PM#6

There is a lot of good and a lot of bad but overall there will be people who love this MMORPG and will be their #1 MMORPG. I can't give it that title and I might be able to down the road but some my first MMORPG's will always take that title. I think a lot of people would agree on that and that is why its been hard for so many to get into new MMORPG's.

Thankfully though this one sets a lot of simlar rules as the old ones I use to love so for me this might end up being one the best. Time only tells and it all depends on the person.

kanehart Xfire Miniprofile
  Hancakes

Novice Member

12/06/12 10:40:09 PM#7
Originally posted by Seronys
although others have different ways of measuring success, and some may not agree, but Darkfall is by far my favorite MMO iv'e ever played.

You must be new :)

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

12/07/12 12:29:41 AM#8

To me this already is the #1 MMO of all time.

#1 of MMOs named Darkfall: Unholy Wars, that is.

If you were referring to things that measure success or viability, such as subscribers, profits, longevity plans, and track record of quality... well then it clearly can't be #1.

El Psy Congroo

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

12/07/12 1:07:16 AM#9

Too many unanswered questions, not enough intel, hardly any videos on the game........... pretty high hype sensation there.

So far we know it lacks pve, no indepth crafting, housing (?), but its labeled as a sandbox. PVP doesnt make a sandbox the freedom to do what you want when you want does.

Still on the fence for this one. Ill wait a week or two after launch.

Raxeon

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 1:45:31 AM#10
Originally posted by Onomas

Too many unanswered questions, not enough intel, hardly any videos on the game........... pretty high hype sensation there.

So far we know it lacks pve, no indepth crafting, housing (?), but its labeled as a sandbox. PVP doesnt make a sandbox the freedom to do what you want when you want does.

it has pve LOL and there trying to make it more worth it to pve too crafting is the samfe as df BUT with some changes it has more housing plots than the first one so get your facts straight. and i thought darkfalls crafting system was ok i hope they improve on it

tank017

Novice Member

12/07/12 1:54:54 AM#11

ehhhhhhh

/facepalm

Onomas

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:00:31 AM#12
Originally posted by Raxeon
Originally posted by Onomas

it has pve LOL and there trying to make it more worth it to pve too crafting is the samfe as df BUT with some changes it has more housing plots than the first one so get your facts straight. and i thought darkfalls crafting system was ok i hope they improve on it

[mod edit]

Post some links of this information. Be a community player and help the community [mod edit].

I see posts saying no pve, just a pvp game. See people saying the crafting is lacking. Thats why the (?) was there. Because i dont have my facts straight because there isnt a lot of intel. So instead of jumping down someones throat why dont you do the mature thing and help inform. [mod edit]

allendale5

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:09:21 AM#13
I have to admit that I am excited about this game.  I am talking d3 level of excitement :)
  Caldrin

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 2:15:32 AM#14

Well Darkfall was one of my all time favourite MMORPGs of all time.. lets hope they have not dumbed things down too much in DF:UW..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

syntax42

Elite Member

12/07/12 2:19:01 AM#15

This will be the most overhyped MMO of all time!

MMOs with less than a week to release usually have hours of gameplay footage, a decent CGI trailer, and tons of screenshots.  What does this one have to prove what they are promising will be delivered?  A few rumors and people who claim to have beta tested it?

OP: You are stuck in their whirlwind of hype.  Prepare to be disappointed...

karmath

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:23:30 AM#16
Originally posted by syntax42

MMOs with less than a week to release usually have hours of gameplay footage, a decent CGI trailer, and tons of screenshots.  What does this one have to prove what they are promising will be delivered?  A few rumors and people who claim to have beta tested it?

I dont think there is any massive misconceptions about the game. It's not going to be everyones cup of tea, but for those who liked the original and those who like sandboxes it's going to be great.

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 2:23:51 AM#17

Well one thing is for sure. I won't be playing on day one, because a) we don't have enough info if the game is any good and b) even if we did, I wouldn't trust that info.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 2:26:38 AM#18
Originally posted by syntax42

I have not really seen any hype... AV have released very little info to hype the game up..

Some people who palyed Darkfall are really looking forward to it and voted it up on the hype meter here but thats not hard to do..

We all know what AV are like and ill be very suprised if its released on the 12th..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

ragz45

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 2:33:46 AM#19
Going to be amazed if the game has more than 60000 active subs by feb.  I think just like the original that DF:UW will garner a very very hardcore dedicated following.  But not grow beyond that.

Onomas

Novice Member

12/07/12 2:40:44 AM#20
Originally posted by ragz45
Going to be amazed if the game has more than 60000 active subs by feb.  I think just like the original that DF:UW will garner a very very hardcore dedicated following.  But not grow beyond that.

I didnt get the chance to try DF1, and I am very intrested in this one. Im a sandbox junkie. Just not a lot of information that is legit and not someones delusional jibberish thinking the game will be one way or another. Plus these DF guys seem pretty rude Kind of hard to pick up a stronger following of people with low advertizement, information, etc... Why i said i will wait a week or 2. But its a good possibility.

5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 » Search