Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,100 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,079,004
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Will you try DFUW at launch?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  User Deleted
10/12/12 8:25:18 AM#41
Yep, enjoyed the first one, can't wait for UW.
  AtlanNor

Novice Member

10/12/12 8:34:47 AM#42
I would think you would want only 1st person view for a game like this.  I would think it would make it more realistic and would allow you to be snuck up on.  I haven't played the first Darkfall but if I was in 1st person view all the time I would be paranoid about what, or who, could be sneaking up behind me and would be looking around at all times.  I would think 3rd person view would take away from the hardcore aspect of the game.  I'm looking forward to trying it regardless.
  Caldrin

Advanced Member

10/12/12 8:38:39 AM#43

hell yeah ill be playing it...

the first few months of Darkfall was amazing, sure there was bugs and other isseus but some of the battles where just massive.

You had 3rd person view for melee and normall moving around, but it was not zooned out very far so yeah you could get snuck up on and i think that was the idea behind it..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/12/12 8:44:09 AM#44
Originally posted by AtlanNor
I would think you would want only 1st person view for a game like this.  I would think it would make it more realistic and would allow you to be snuck up on.  I haven't played the first Darkfall but if I was in 1st person view all the time I would be paranoid about what, or who, could be sneaking up behind me and would be looking around at all times.  I would think 3rd person view would take away from the hardcore aspect of the game.  I'm looking forward to trying it regardless.

A lot of first person view games can give me a siezure. Very few of them won't. Like Planetside 1 first person view didn't bother me at all, Planetside 2 though it does and gave me a siezure trying to play it, so I cannot play it when it comes out. I'd prefer to not have to try out a game in first person to see if it's going to make me ill. Nothing against DF, I just can't play a lot of first person view games. As for the sneaking up on you part, I played Dark Age of Camelot and it wasn't first person view and people could still sneak up on you and the game was very exciting, you never knew who would pop over and kill you while you were out in the frontiers killing mobs.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Xarnthal

Novice Member

10/12/12 9:30:10 AM#45

The third person is a very close third person, it's not one where you can scroll out and look around. It's a fixed camera not far behind the character. You still have to look around constantly to make sure you're not being stalked. The new sound system should make the game truly epic for anyone running around solo.

The only time you can really pan the camera around is when you're on a mount or sailing a ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtc9zUidGU

This is a video of the older DF1.0 game, may want to turn the audio off. It shows the combat in first person, third person, and ship combat from the captains view. Once again the game will have new graphics, surround sound system, user interface, spell system, etc etc etc, you can find much more info at forums.darkfallonline.com.

Sennheiser
Assist
Thage

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/12/12 3:19:44 PM#46
Originally posted by Xarnthal

The third person is a very close third person, it's not one where you can scroll out and look around. It's a fixed camera not far behind the character. You still have to look around constantly to make sure you're not being stalked. The new sound system should make the game truly epic for anyone running around solo.

The only time you can really pan the camera around is when you're on a mount or sailing a ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtc9zUidGU

This is a video of the older DF1.0 game, may want to turn the audio off. It shows the combat in first person, third person, and ship combat from the captains view. Once again the game will have new graphics, surround sound system, user interface, spell system, etc etc etc, you can find much more info at forums.darkfallonline.com.

That doesn't look real shaky or quirky, I may actually get to try the game out. Will have to keep an eye on it for new gameplay videos to see if I'm going to be able to try it out for myself. I did have to turn it down though, my goodness, that guy's voice......

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Maztrim

Novice Member

10/16/12 10:11:43 AM#47
Yes. Darkfall was the most fun I had since DAoC.
  Zushakon

Novice Member

10/16/12 10:35:16 AM#48
Originally posted by Tayah
That doesn't look real shaky or quirky, I may actually get to try the game out. Will have to keep an eye on it for new gameplay videos to see if I'm going to be able to try it out for myself. I did have to turn it down though, my goodness, that guy's voice......

Better than the original I would say :D

Also, of course I will be trying it out, anything else would be an outrage!

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
Zushakon Odi

Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

10/16/12 10:36:20 AM#49
I will if there will be free demo
  Krematory

Apprentice Member

MMOHOLIC

10/16/12 10:43:54 AM#50
I played the original for a couple of months, but didn't like it that much. Maybe I'll come back to check UW, but won't be at launch for sure.

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

10/16/12 10:46:24 AM#51
Originally posted by Greymoor
Simple question...

Nah, I am done with PvP focused communities in general and the memory of 'Forumfall' pre launch for this game still makes me shudder.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search