Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,874 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,905
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » PvE server for darkfall UW?

19 Pages First « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Last Search
365 posts found
  gravesworn

Novice Member

10/01/12 6:52:27 PM#161
There are plenty of pve servers on other games. I love that it is a giant open worl for everyone and you only get one character slot. The community is small enough and we dont need to be divided by any more servers.
  Atlan99

Advanced Member

10/01/12 11:19:39 PM#162
Originally posted by Realbigdeal
Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Atlan99
I agree that their should be a PvE server.

I think this would strengthen AV and increase their income. I believe that they would be able to have several PvE servers. 

The community is 100% against it though. I made a post about it on the Darkfall forums and it was closed by a moderator

If a mod closed a thread about having a PvE DF server, I would suspect it's Adventurine that's against having a PvE server as much as the players are against it.

No. The mods only delete threads when it attracts too much trolls and flamers. This thread probably had millions of that the moment it has been dropped. Its like a trapper thread you know, thats what the word troll stands for btw. You make a thread only to expect trolls and flammers to post.

The moderator made a comment when he closed it as well. Something like not gonna happen. It was fairly unprofessional.

busdriver

Novice Member

10/02/12 12:57:38 AM#163

What would exactly be the attraction for pvers to join Darkfall? There are tons of MMORPGs out there that do PvE much better, or to put it the other way, PvE is one of the weakest points of Darkfall. DF's PvE is ok, sometimes even fun, but it gets old and boring real fast.

Agon has lore, but AV never really cared to implement it to their world so all those beautiful ruins and mysterious places just sit there without any sort of story.

I woud say that to have any sort of long term success with a PvE server, AV would have to do a fuckton of work and basicly set everything else aside for at least a couple of years.

daltanious

Elite Member

10/02/12 2:37:07 AM#164
Originally posted by 123443211234
NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

I agree with you. I could not care less for pvp then I currently do but this is one of the rare "niche" games as I understand for pvp-ers. It does not feel right. They might destroy game, losing current players that enjoy game as it is. And they could not get enough new players that would play pve game that was never meant as pve.

Ragnarok_del

Novice Member

10/02/12 6:03:12 AM#165
it was at one point, well it was over 500k users for the community, it never reached that in subs not even close.
  Kshahdoo

Novice Member

10/02/12 7:13:47 AM#166

DF's PvE mode is designed to support PvP. It's fun, but only as support. You kill all those mobs to get money and regs to get PvP gear and ammunition. Without it what would be the point to PvE in Darkfall? And what about clan warfare, which is the main feature of the game? How could you manage it on a PvE server? I don't see any right decision.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

10/02/12 8:18:52 AM#167

Originally posted by Atlan99 I agree that their should be a PvE server.   I think this would strengthen AV and increase their income. I believe that they would be able to have several PvE servers.  The community is 100% against it though. I made a post about it on the Darkfall forums and it was closed by a moderator
If a mod closed a thread about having a PvE DF server, I would suspect it's Adventurine that's against having a PvE server as much as the players are against it.  
No. The mods only delete threads when it attracts too much trolls and flamers. This thread probably had millions of that the moment it has been dropped. Its like a trapper thread you know, thats what the word troll stands for btw. You make a thread only to expect trolls and flammers to post.
The moderator made a comment when he closed it as well. Something like not gonna happen. It was fairly unprofessional.

That sounds a lot like Adventurine has made their decision, and there's no point in discussing a PvE shard on the game's forums. Trolls or no trolls, I can understand that decision. No point in discussing something that just isn't going to happen.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

MarioLemieux

Novice Member

10/02/12 9:23:09 AM#168

I think this would strengthen AV and increase their income. I believe that they would be able to have several PvE servers. 

The community is 100% against it though. I made a post about it on the Darkfall forums and it was closed by a moderator

There are tons of pve oriented games out there. Darkfall is not one of them, period. The staff has always been clear about that. I'm sorry for you guys, but if you want to PVE, then come try it but you'll have to deal with the harsh environment. Risk vs reward is what define Darkfall. It's one of the only game like that on the market. AV will never allow a PVE only server. The only way I could see it happening is if they sell the game to another company.

phantomghost

Hard Core Member

"Kill me, my man kills you, that's how you lose."

10/02/12 5:23:16 PM#169

Does not even make sense to me.

People bitch about grinding in games.  PVE would be nothing but grinding.  Now I for one favor the grind... I personally believe it is what modern MMO's lack.  There is no motif for me to put effort into skilling up, gearing up, or farming.. because everything is easily obtainable.

DF on the other hand had the grind... I wish they would keep the grind but fix the exploiting issues and balance roles out so you cannot master every skill... need different player types... not pvper/crafter and thats it.

"I see they watchin' me and takin' notes on my moves, Run up on me it's all I want I ain't got nothin' to lose."

Atlan99

Advanced Member

10/02/12 6:49:39 PM#170
Originally posted by MarioLemieux

There are tons of pve oriented games out there. Darkfall is not one of them, period. The staff has always been clear about that. I'm sorry for you guys, but if you want to PVE, then come try it but you'll have to deal with the harsh environment. Risk vs reward is what define Darkfall. It's one of the only game like that on the market. AV will never allow a PVE only server. The only way I could see it happening is if they sell the game to another company.

I just don't want to see them run out of money.

They are based out of Greece and only got the original game made because of government funding. The government doesn't have the money it used to have and I imagine they are low on funds. Having extra funds coming from PvE servers would be great for AV.

Their core base is already questioning whether or not this game is vaporware. They figure AV has ran out of money and made this launch announcement to drum up more funds for the game.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=328193

DavisFlight

Elite Member

10/02/12 7:04:30 PM#171
Originally posted by MarioLemieux

I just don't want to see them run out of money.

They are based out of Greece and only got the original game made because of government funding. The government doesn't have the money it used to have and I imagine they are low on funds. Having extra funds coming from PvE servers would be great for AV.

Their core base is already questioning whether or not this game is vaporware. They figure AV has ran out of money and made this launch announcement to drum up more funds for the game.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=328193

[mod edit]

The first game was not made with government funding. The second game is funded off the success of the first game. AV's revenue is international, not Greek. The game is very obviously not vaporware, as several people have played it. The first game wasn't vaporware, this one isn't either.

itchmon

Elite Member

10/02/12 7:11:22 PM#172
Originally posted by Biskop

People who use words like "gankfest" should really refrain from discussing games like DF.

(snip)

People who say they "just want to explore an open world" in complete safety should play Vanguard.

/thread

this is not the black and white issue that many people make it out to be.  not by any means.

not every game with open PVP is a gankfest.  If you look at my list of games in my sig you will see 2 examples, Eve and L2.  neither were gankfests.  darkfall is (was i guess... its been a while).  the difference is that in the other 2 games there was harsh punishment for being a jackass and ruining others' days... BUT YOU COULD STILL DO IT if you wanted to!  this made gankers rare, and famous, but real.  which, if i were a ganker (which i'm not) would sound like freakin heaven to me.

darkfall did not even have a "local chat" a la eve so that people are notified that a griefer is in the vicinity.  not even banking was 100% safe as it is in eve (banking in eve being comparable to docking in a station and managing your stuff.... no attacks in stations in eve)

Darkfall doesnt need a pve server per se but it could use harsher penalties for random killing, whether these restrictions exist on a separate server or even on all servers.  and if they do have both types of server i'll bet a years subscription the harsh penalty for gank server will be more populous.

I dont want to offend either side of the debate as i've liked both pvp games and pve and i've befriended both pvp players and pve.  i'm just saying that the way darkfall v1 did their pvp is not the ONLY way it can be done and that pvp folks should think before they label any consequences to their pvp (note!! i didnt say "restrictions" i said "consequences") nohing but carebearinglol.

thanks for reading

itch

possible player of DF2.0

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Realbigdeal

Advanced Member

10/02/12 7:51:32 PM#173

Something proffesional is even more annoying and something we dont want in our forum. 

Usually, pro mods are like that. Search before you make a post or thread. Thats annoying. PVE server has been discussed to death. In DF forum, where the hardcores live, what kinda response do you expect? Its so predictable that of course they are gonna close it right before the whole community ask you to go back to wow.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Realbigdeal

Advanced Member

10/02/12 8:04:04 PM#174
Originally posted by RagnarokLoW
it was at one point, well it was over 500k users for the community, it never reached that in subs not even close.

500k users is irrevelant. They can be bots or players with multiple accounts. For example, in DF, i know a lot of players who  own from 2 to 10 subscriptions. On mmorpg.com, DF 1.0 used to be the most popular game. It was the most popular everydays. That was obviously a spam bot since it wasnt possible to have that many hits and not a single one of them posting a response or a thread for a week long.

Since that day, the popularity of the game was never clear for those who did not tried the game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

snapfusion

Apprentice Member

10/02/12 8:12:42 PM#175
Originally posted by Sylvarii
Originally posted by snapfusion
Originally posted by 123443211234
NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

NO really?  Why because you would be tempted to play on it?    Why in the hell do YOU care what people do with their own time? You dont like, dont play on it.

DF needs more subs and more money than their full loot PvP servers could ever produce.  They need this revenue to bring REGULAR updates to the game.  Something we never saw in the original DF.

A PvE / no loot PvP server for DFUW would quadruple their sub base the revenue base and the amount of conent.

Ill say it again,why are you not playing Vanguard.

It has a vast uninstanced world,bigger than DF.

It has a deep crafting system that is a whole other game in itself with it's own quests armour and items.It takes just as long to level up as adventuring.

It's has diplomacy which is another whole game in itself with it's own quests armour and items.Again this takes very long to level up and is full of telon lore.

It has open world dungeons,some takes days if not weeks to finish.

It has open world housing where everything is craftable,from bricks to wallpaper to carpets and plates,it's all player made.

It has vast guild halls that are totally player made.

It has ships from galeons to carvels all player made.

It has over land raid bosses and open air dungeons.

It has fully controled flying mounts and so many lands mounts its a joke.

It has great weather system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8WRqTaEe8

If you really wanted a pve world like df you would be playing Vanguard,i think you don't know what you want.

Let df be df and play vanguard instead.

19 races and 15 classes.

Nah,you really haven't got the stomach for a true epic pve old style mmo.

Your right, no wait, you dont have any idea what your talking about as usual.  I played Vangaurd at launch Sartok for over 3 years.

Bout all the response your getting from me, though I could roll up a paragraph or two easy enough.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

10/02/12 8:41:53 PM#176

500k users is irrevelant. They can be bots or players with multiple accounts. For example, in DF, i know a lot of players who  own from 2 to 10 subscriptions. On mmorpg.com, DF 1.0 used to be the most popular game. It was the most popular everydays. That was obviously a spam bot since it wasnt possible to have that many hits and not a single one of them posting a response or a thread for a week long.

Since that day, the popularity of the game was never clear for those who did not tried the game.

Darkfall was the most popular game here because there would be about 6 threads a day from trolls and vaporware nuts comparing conspiracy theories about how the game was a social experiment.

Ragnarok_del

Novice Member

10/03/12 9:41:33 AM#177

I was talking about the community, as in forum members not subscriptions. Darkfall never even reached 50 000 sales mostly because it was taking soooooooooooooooooooooo long to be able to buy the game.

It took me over a month to be able to buy it. A lot of people never got to buy the game, especially americans because the sales hour were retarded. (most people were working/sleeping when the shop opened and it only lasted for 5 minutes.)

DavisFlight

Elite Member

10/03/12 10:00:29 AM#178

I was talking about the community, as in forum members not subscriptions. Darkfall never even reached 50 000 sales mostly because it was taking soooooooooooooooooooooo long to be able to buy the game.

It took me over a month to be able to buy it. A lot of people never got to buy the game, especially americans because the sales hour were retarded. (most people were working/sleeping when the shop opened and it only lasted for 5 minutes.)

AV has mentioned what their sales numbers are, and I think it was above that.

kaiser3282

Tipster

10/03/12 10:03:44 AM#179
Originally posted by DavisFlight

Darkfall was the most popular game here because there would be about 6 threads a day from trolls and vaporware nuts comparing conspiracy theories about how the game was a social experiment.

He is referring to after the game launched, not the pre-launch theories. I remember it to. It suddenly jumped up very high in the ratings (not hype meter) for a few days. IIRC the staff here also wound up resetting the entire ranking because of it.

mastersomrat

Apprentice Member

10/03/12 1:00:24 PM#180

hmmm, I keep hearing how difficult it is for professional programmers to program.  Maybe additional schooling is in order?

19 Pages First « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Last Search