Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,708 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,860
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » PvE server for darkfall UW?

19 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
365 posts found
  googie23

Novice Member

OP  9/27/12 8:47:31 PM#1
its a great way to bring alot of new players into the darkfall world and when they are ready they can come to the PvP server and start a new character. never make an option to transfer from PvE to PvP.

Apprentice Member

9/27/12 8:52:12 PM#2
NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)
  Yalexy

Novice Member

9/27/12 8:54:51 PM#3

Originally posted by 123443211234
NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

And that's exactly the reason why DF:UW will fail the same way as DF1.

A meaningless gankfest with FPS-combat.... I'd rather play any other FPS where there's no monthly subscription.

Apprentice Member

9/27/12 8:59:34 PM#4

Sorry to burst your bubble but DF1 did not fail it is stil going.  People that seem to want to change the ruleset of DF just don't get we aren't looking for millions of players not even hundreds of thousands just.....thousands of like minded individuals that want to play in a harsh environment where it takes actual skill to survive and thrive.

We like our niche game, aren't looking to make bazillions of dollars just a ffa full loot niche game.

hcoelho

Apprentice Member

9/27/12 9:02:41 PM#5

LOL

I'm telling you, when this game releases there will be SOOOOOO much people crying and raging...

graffix_75

Novice Member

9/27/12 9:02:57 PM#6
Originally posted by Yalexy

A meaningless gankfest with FPS-combat.... I'd rather play any other FPS where there's no monthly subscription.

Exactly right, Planetside 2 is a good example of a subless MMOFPS.

I know a ton of people that quit DF purely on the basis of the PvP mechanics, even an Eve online type system would work.

Wizlock23

Novice Member

9/27/12 9:05:12 PM#7
NO, i have played DF since it released , day one ---- there is NO way a pve only server would work.just trust me on this one , just not possible .
  Yalexy

Novice Member

9/27/12 9:07:06 PM#8

Originally posted by graffix_75

Originally posted by 123443211234 NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)
  And that's exactly the reason why DF:UW will fail the same way as DF1. A meaningless gankfest with FPS-combat.... I'd rather play any other FPS where there's no monthly subscription.
Exactly right, Planetside 2 is a good example of a subless MMOFPS.

I know a ton of people that quit DF purely on the basis of the PvP mechanics, even an Eve online type system would work.

Firefall would be another one :)

googie23

Novice Member

OP  9/27/12 9:11:38 PM#9
it wouldnt be a PvE server only. you would flag up near player citys and if you hit other players. also could turn on PvP when ever you want., like any PvE sever in any mmo. when in a siege you would become PvPed near the city you were trying to attack.
  googie23

Novice Member

OP  9/27/12 9:12:57 PM#10
lots of ways to PvP on PvE servers
  NC360

Novice Member

9/27/12 10:12:41 PM#11

The Devs for the game are hardcore PvPers themselves, who are focusing on a niche market. In other words: they don't want to make a game for you. Seriously, they understand there are other games for that.

Wizlock23

Novice Member

9/27/12 10:21:27 PM#12

everyone understands what u mean, its just not posible in this game ...nor would it be fn at all-  if ur not playing it for the PVP then i suggest to find another game (not trying to sound rude here)  ...its just this game is made ALL ABOUT pvp ----when u farm for stuff its almost 100% chance u will get jumped and need to fight off the attacker, its what make it fun, knowing at any moment u could be attacked ---without that risk i honestly would not play this game (not to mention there isnt enough pve to keep people just doing pve) ---

as i said before , just take my word ...that mind set is not for this game

rutaq

Hard Core Member

9/27/12 10:24:50 PM#13

The base of the game is deisgned around player conflict, competition and risk.   It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have to thank Adventurine for sticking to their guns and not giving to the easy mode Adventure Daycare masses.

The game is design for a often overlooked niche market and I hope enough of us step up and subscribe long enough for them to at least make some money after all the hard work.

Asking for a Darkfall PvE server makes baby jesus cry.

DavisFlight

Elite Member

9/27/12 10:25:42 PM#14
Originally posted by googie23
its a great way to bring alot of new players into the darkfall world and when they are ready they can come to the PvP server and start a new character. never make an option to transfer from PvE to PvP.

While the PvE combat/AI is probably the best in the MMO sphere, Darkfall really doesn't work without PvP. So much of the game's central focus and mechanics revolve around PvP, that if it were removed, the game would fall to pieces.

I PvE in Darkfall more than I PvP, and other than the AI, what makes PvE interesting is the constant threat of conflict.

karmath

Novice Member

9/27/12 10:27:39 PM#15

Because your actions as player having a persistant non scripted impact on the game world is meaningless. ok.

Why you people even bother to come on sandbox game forums when you cant seem to grasp the very basics of why people like sandboxes I cant understand. There is a plethora of themepark titles relevant to your interests, go there and leave us with our interest.

Yalexy

Novice Member

9/27/12 10:28:34 PM#16

Originally posted by rutaq
The base of the game is deisgned around player conflict, competition and risk.   It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have to thank Adventurine for sticking to their guns and not giving to the easy mode Adventure Daycare masses.

The game is design for a often overlooked niche market and I hope enough of us step up and subscribe long enough for them to at least make some money after all the hard work.

Look at EvE Online. The games is all about player-conflict aswell, yet they manage to provide somewhat safe content for the carebears without breaking their game.

Quiet contrary. All these carebears are needed to drive the games economy actually, and feed the warmachines.

Wizlock23

Novice Member

9/27/12 10:45:55 PM#17

Originally posted by rutaq

Look at EvE Online. The games is all about player-conflict aswell, yet they manage to provide somewhat safe content for the carebears without breaking their game.

Quiet contrary. All these carebears are needed to drive the games economy actually, and feed the warmachines.

yet eve and darkfall are not alike in many many ways----  as someone else pointed out above . there are way to many games on the market right now that tend to the PVE side of games , or cater to the "carebears"  ..the game WILL never have a pve server so there is really no use in argueing , but   to ask for a game that is made one way  be changed from its roots and what its designed to do  should tell u ..THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU.  . again not to sound rude ...but i dont go play RIFT/EVE/age of conan/wow /etc etc and hope they change the very founation of the game , cause when i start playing a game i know what its ment for (pve or pvp ) and i play it for that reason .

again , asking for a pve server is asking for a diffrent game all together.  try df , if u dont like it i suggest u not hold ur breath for a PVE server :P

Biskop

Novice Member

9/28/12 5:39:18 AM#18

It will never happen.

Better security systems on the existing servers would be great though - as in more dynamic security, not "safer".

Z3R01

Novice Member

MMO gamer since 1997

9/28/12 7:05:35 AM#19

If they made a pve server no one would be left playing on the pvp shards.

Same thing happened with UO. 

Believe it or not most people prefer to not get ganked while farming materials and skills.

Playing: None

Waiting on: None

Epux

Novice Member

9/28/12 7:09:58 AM#20
Not to bash you too  hard.. but if you want a pve server for Darkfall, you should just look in another direction.. Darkfall aint the game for you :)
19 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search