Trending Games | ArcheAge | EverQuest | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,299 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,276,230
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Patch Notes: July 31st + DUEL/PLEX introduced!

9 posts found
  mmoesports

Tipster

OP  7/31/14 7:22:34 AM#1

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?395835-Patch-Notes-31-7-2014

This patch contains the following:

HUD Changes

• Added new option to the HUD cross-hair component to hide the display of the critical hit indicators
  • Changed HUD targeting information component option for “show Prowess indicator”, so now when the Prowess indicator is hidden from the target information component, it displays, as it used to, at the bottom-right of the screen (in the description bar)

General Fixes

• Fixed a bug where moving mouse over a friend and then over a monster or grave you would see the "Friend" social icon on those too
  • Fixed an issue with the revive bar displaying in place of the charge bar after death/revive

New item in Shop

D.U.E.L : An item that can be purchased with selentine that adds 30 days of subscription time to your account when you double click it in your backpack.

General changes

• Stamina regeneration enabled while sprinting.
  • Stamina cost for sprint has been significantly increased.
    Note that:
    • Spells that affect regeneration such as invigoration, as well as food, are affected by this change.
    • Eating food while sprinting should yield the same stamina results as before. Wearing Primalist robes on top of that will have your stamina increased.
      (These values are subject to change depending on your feedback.)
  • Jump delay in water has been significantly reduced.

Skill Changes

Soul Flay

• Target is no longer instantly ganked. Instead, a countdown timer is placed on him and when it runs out, the target is ganked.

Resuscitation

• Target is no longer instantly revived. Instead, a countdown timer is placed on him and when it runs out, the target is revived.

Attunement to Water

The cold protection bonus on caster has remained unchanged. The attack slow effect on the target has been replaced by a mana shield effect that converts a percentage of health damage to mana damage.

• Duration has been increased by 186%
  • Cooldown has been reduced by 20%

Stoic Defense

• Duration has been reduced by 40%

Heigthened Reflexes

• Duration has been increased by 43%

Thunderbolt

Its functionality changed to a 'bolt' type spell, which was missing from a spellcaster's arsenal, especially in group combat situations.

• Cooldown has been removed.
  • AoE size reduced to 'bolt' (smallest possible).
  • Range has been increased by 155%
  • Missile speed has been increased by 160%.
  • Magnitude has been reduced by 10%.
  • Mana cost has been reduced by 25%.
  • Stamina cost has been reduced by 44%.
  • Casting time has been reduced by 25%.

Lunge

• Range has been reduced by 11%

Lacerate

• Bleeding damage has been reduced by 43%

Magma Bomb

• Cooldown has been increased by 63%
  • Casting time has been reduced by 10%
  • Knockback has been reduced by 17%

Attunement to fire

• Duration has been increased by 133%
  • Cooldown has been increased by 73%

Heat Stroke

• Additional functionality: Debuffs target's fire resistance for a short amount of time.
  • Cooldown has been increased by 50%
  • Stamina drain has been increased by 25%
  • Health damage has been reduced by 10% (This % represents the same absolute value as the stamina drain change)

Fireball

• Casting time has been reduced by 17%
  • Missile speed has been increased by 12%

Frostbite

• Casting time has been reduced by 14%
  • Lightning protection penalty duration increased by 98%
  • Slow effects duration reduced by 55%

Puncture

• Angle increased to 0.5 degrees.

Exalted sacrifice

• Angle increased to 0.5 degrees.

Tornado

• Reduced knockback effect duration.

Repel

• Reduced knockback effect duration.

Armor Changes

Metal armor at dread level:
  • Slashing protections increased by 3%
  • Piercing protections increased by 12%
  • Elemental protections increased by 8% (Lightning protection increased by 9%)
  • Holy/Unholy protections increased by 7%

Leather armor at intricate level:
  • Elemental protections reduced by 2%

Light Robes at extravagant level:
  • Damage magnitude bonus reduced by 22% (14% damage increase down from 18%)
  • Slashing protection increased by 36%.
  • Impact protection increased by 72%.
  • Bludgeoning protection increased by 2%.
  • Elemental protections reduced by 6%.

Heavy Robes at Imperious level:
  • Slashing protections increased by 21%.
  • Piercing protections increased by 11%.
  • Bludgeoning protection increased by 14%.
  • Impact protection increased by 12%.
  • Elemental protections increased by 23%.
  • Holy/Unholy protections increased by 2%.
  Holophonist

Hard Core Member

7/31/14 7:46:26 AM#2
This is all well and good but the stamina change is a bit disheartening. I was under the impression they were going to be increasing TTK in this patch.
  Uhwop

Hard Core Member

7/31/14 7:56:23 AM#3

Really wish they would localize the banks and create a real dynamic economy with a need for transporting good across the map. 

If they would do that the game would become interesting.  This is obviously an opinion. 

Parepin

Novice Member

7/31/14 9:08:28 PM#4
DUEL is down to 130k on the NA market and dropping.  It should drop under 100k gold at some point.
  mmoesports

Tipster

OP  7/31/14 11:38:31 PM#5
Originally posted by Parepin
DUEL is down to 130k on the NA market and dropping.  It should drop under 100k gold at some point.

People can AFK earn that in 30 days from safe zone!

kaiser3282

Tipster

8/01/14 12:01:20 AM#6
Originally posted by mmoesports

People can AFK earn that in 30 days from safe zone!

On the plus side, that could also bring about some further economy / resource changes and force more people out of the SZ afterwards in order to profit.

eHug

Advanced Member

8/12/14 8:36:34 AM#7

It's below 100k on EU already according to a friend.

Does anybody know if it's hard to sell them? I quit the game when it became pvegrindfall because I found the PVE too boring  to bear. But I don't mind RMTing (for example) 10 DUELs per month if it saves me from the boredom. I just wonder how easy they sell, been reading some people might have troubles finding buyers for them since they do DICE sell shouts for hours/days indicating they either have lots of them to sell - or problems selling any at all.

Maybe anybody here has experience with how well RMTing using DICE works?

Azdul

Apprentice Member

8/23/14 4:15:24 AM#8
Originally posted by eHug

It's below 100k on EU already according to a friend.

Does anybody know if it's hard to sell them? I quit the game when it became pvegrindfall because I found the PVE too boring  to bear. But I don't mind RMTing (for example) 10 DUELs per month if it saves me from the boredom. I just wonder how easy they sell, been reading some people might have troubles finding buyers for them since they do DICE sell shouts for hours/days indicating they either have lots of them to sell - or problems selling any at all.

Maybe anybody here has experience with how well RMTing using DICE works?

You'll see "buying duel" on trade channel on EU every 30 mins. I believe current price is about 140k. 

But I don't believe that selling 10 DUELs per month make any sense. I guess you could buy mats and get prowess through crafting - but I guess 2 DUELs is more than enough to get to end game prowess levels in 2 days. Or you could buy a house for 2 DUELs.

It's not EvE or DF1 - after a month you'll be as powerful as you'll ever get to be - and you cannot really buy any additional advantage.

DUEL mainly allows unemployed guys with too much time on their hands to play for free. 

Parepin

Novice Member

9/05/14 6:41:11 PM#9
It is down to about 70k gold now on the NA server.  Easily affordable for anyone who even tries to play the game.