Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,964,827 Users Online:0
Games:812  Posts:6,413,718
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Support to bring back DF1

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Panther2103

Apprentice Member

8/10/14 12:53:42 AM#21
I've been playing UW again since two days ago and been having a blast. I remember having fun with DF1 but not as much as I'm currently having with the updated UW. Before the class system was just kind of lame, but now that you can basically skill what you want like 1.0 it's a hell of a lot better.
  DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

8/19/14 5:03:02 AM#22

doubt they can revive df 1  but they need to develop this half developed version into the full game df 1 was and revert the style of game to become a sandbox game.

they need to change from arena combat themepark to the full sandbox mmorpg experience original darkfall was designed for. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

kaiser3282

Tipster

8/19/14 5:28:52 AM#23
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

doubt they can revive df 1  but they need to develop this half developed version into the full game df 1 was and revert the style of game to become a sandbox game.

they need to change from arena combat themepark to the full sandbox mmorpg experience original darkfall was designed for. 

There was nothing really more sandbox about DF1 than DFUW. You couldnt build anything aside from selecting from a few options and adding to a few pre-determined areas within an already existing base. It's not like you could actually claim some land and build a house there. Everything was already in place, the same as it is in DFUW.

As far as character development sandbox, i'd actually say DFUW probably offers more for that now than DF1 did. In DF1 acquiring certain abilities / skills automatically completely removed the ability to use several entire schools of skills / spells. DFUW does not currently have such limitations. There is also the fact that in DF1 being a certain race automatically made you an ally or enemy of certain other races and limited your access to cities, whereas in DFUW you have access to every city and are not automatically flagged as friend or foe based on just your race.

Etheom

Novice Member

8/21/14 3:26:37 AM#24

I have been enjoying DFUW tremendously ever since the custom role patch.

The only thing that I really wish they would improve is the player movement physics, the way the character runs.

Other than that, I'm extremely satisfied and looking forward to all the changes coming up. AV is completely transparent and communicating better than ever right now. See you on the field!

All perspectives are unique perspectives of One perspective

DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

8/21/14 2:01:54 PM#25
Originally posted by kaiser3282
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

There was nothing really more sandbox about DF1 than DFUW. You couldnt build anything aside from selecting from a few options and adding to a few pre-determined areas within an already existing base. It's not like you could actually claim some land and build a house there. Everything was already in place, the same as it is in DFUW.

As far as character development sandbox, i'd actually say DFUW probably offers more for that now than DF1 did. In DF1 acquiring certain abilities / skills automatically completely removed the ability to use several entire schools of skills / spells. DFUW does not currently have such limitations. There is also the fact that in DF1 being a certain race automatically made you an ally or enemy of certain other races and limited your access to cities, whereas in DFUW you have access to every city and are not automatically flagged as friend or foe based on just your race.

The original idea behind darkfall was skill.  The devs even stated that Darkfall is explicitly designed for and proud of this way of gaming.

"If you want to skill greatsword you grab a greatsword and collect experience with it instead of doing mindless quests and collect some xp not collected by your skill".

DF:UW   has unfortunately rendered this way of valid sandbox way of gaming useless and violates instead the own principles  and goals goals of sandbox gaming.

The next violation of a really long list is done by the lack of a working alignment system so rogue player have to fear nothing in NPC cities.

And sorry but racial warfare was intresting additional gameplay that now not exists anymore and thous the game has been made at least poor on one dimension. let alone all the real choices that a sandbox player could make to choose the right race instead of the flat optionless and half finished themepark  gameplay of UW that gives you no choice to differnetitate even in race choice.

Was it all perfect in DF1.. no. But giving up to complete the game, to  make it a full player driven game sandbox game   instead of watering down to the themepark version of today, is the behavior of quitters in life which DF devs seems to be.

Instead to make it possible to build your house everywhere like you say a good game has to offer  they simply ignored it  and changed things no one asked for except this noob themepark reviewer Ed Zitron, which destroywed the gameplay.

Now all play Ed Zitronfall instead of real Darkfall. 

The true vision died with UW and they need to get back to it so the original sandbox and MMORPG players get their promised Darkfall finally, those have been with the game since 2001 and deserve the original DF to be finished.

Pleasing the  Ed Zitrons will get you nowhere since they are game hopers anyway and go for the next thing the glitters in their short time attention span they capable of anyway.

A baby step is done by breaking up classes but a huge task is at hand to make it a full game.

Next step could be to introduce all the skills back. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

NagilumSadow

Advanced Member

8/31/14 8:55:11 PM#26
I greatly enjoyed Darkfall, but I think 'Darkfall: Unholy Wars' is VASTLY better.

http://wyrdblogging.blogspot.com/

Mors.Magne

Novice Member

9/04/14 12:51:21 AM#27

One of the big conceptual flaws of DFUW is that you're given the illusion of freedom by the appearance of the world but only given 1 ultimate goal.

The developers of DFUW should have made a fantasy version of Elite: Dangerous where the key word is "liberty".

aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

9/04/14 12:59:01 AM#28
Originally posted by Snoepie

it has been adressed 1000000X to bring back darkfall 1.0..

Now that they see Uw is failing harder then 1.0 they let the thread open..its pathetic

... and prophetic, at the same time.

Been predicted even b4 release of 2.0 by many.

DavisFlight

Novice Member

9/04/14 1:17:15 AM#29
Originally posted by NagilumSadow
I greatly enjoyed Darkfall, but I think 'Darkfall: Unholy Wars' is VASTLY better.

Agreed. DF1 had some good features, and a lot of game breakingly bad ones.

The 500 or so people that were left in the last 2 years of DF1 have all but blinded themselves to what the game was actually like, and just will not shut up about asking for it to come back, bad ideas and all.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search