Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,268 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,767
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Is now the time to rejoin?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Lustmord

Hard Core Member

6/05/14 12:52:13 PM#21
Originally posted by natpick

same thing happend to me op,im sat at 36k pp which is nothing compared to some guys who are at 350k plus.i tried to get back

into dfuw  a few times but its so hard to find a steady clan and one thats not clicky or dicks,i think the game has huge potential but i feel the community will be its downfall.

At 36k pp, you should be pretty much pvp ready.. Not maxed, but still able to kill people.

People with 350k prowess don't have a huge advantage over you, they just have more options on what they want to play.

Keep trying to find a clan, there's lots of good clans out there. Just make sure you log into coms with them.

If you aren't in coms, and actively trying to be part of the clan, they may assume you're a spy.

jahgreen

Novice Member

6/05/14 3:11:54 PM#22
Definitely the time to join. Try to get the twitch skill you need before the Custom Role patch comes out.
  Badaboom

Hard Core Member

6/05/14 3:24:13 PM#23

Originally posted by Lustmord

Originally posted by natpick same thing happend to me op,im sat at 36k pp which is nothing compared to some guys who are at 350k plus.i tried to get back into dfuw  a few times but its so hard to find a steady clan and one thats not clicky or dicks,i think the game has huge potential but i feel the community will be its downfall.
At 36k pp, you should be pretty much pvp ready.. Not maxed, but still able to kill people. People with 350k prowess don't have a huge advantage over you, they just have more options on what they want to play. Keep trying to find a clan, there's lots of good clans out there. Just make sure you log into coms with them. If you aren't in coms, and actively trying to be part of the clan, they may assume you're a spy.

Low Prowess Ownage

New people need to watch this clip, but take it with a grain of salt. This is a really good player who rerolled. Just goes to show that, skill > prowess. If you want to get good/better, you need to practice. If you want to be able to compete against the best, you need to practice against the best.

SupaAPE

Advanced Member

6/05/14 10:23:45 PM#24
Originally posted by Braindome
Originally posted by SomeHuman
 their cheapest option (other than F2P) is about $15.  Around the equivalent for an average date night with the wife, and I get six months.  hmmm...  Which to choose?

This begs the question. What are you and your wife doing on date night? Ordering a pay per view movie and eating a bag of fritos and a 16 oz. coca-cola each and maybe splitting a twinkie?

Dude that is one cheap date night, lol.

:D:D:D:D ROFL

Biskop

Novice Member

6/06/14 4:22:00 AM#25
Originally posted by Lahuzer
Originally posted by Biskop

I'm getting that MMO itch again, and the news about the new skill combo system made me interested in finally trying DFUW.

Some questions:

How's the population?

Are new players continually joining and staying?

Any free trial?

I can send you a free trial if you wanna. It's for two weeks. I have one key left.

Now that would be very kind of you, good sir!

User Deleted
6/06/14 4:36:48 AM#26
Wait for a limitless trial and do not believe in limited time ones as they usually tuned around the most beautiful parts of the game.
  Biskop

Novice Member

6/06/14 2:09:07 PM#27
So what are the limitations exactly?
  Lustmord

Hard Core Member

6/06/14 6:06:03 PM#28
Originally posted by Biskop
So what are the limitations exactly?

There are no limitations.

You can get a buddy key, and have 2 weeks to play for free.

In those 2 weeks, you can see every inch of the world, you can do anything possible in the game.

If 2 weeks aren't enough, it's $15 on steam for your first month. Seems pretty reasonable.

At any rate, don't wait for anything. While some people are waiting for F2P that likely will never come, they are missing out of probably the best MMO available on the market. Is it perfect? No, but it's heads and shoulders above any other game available today, IMO.

No other MMO offers a seamless persistant world, with meaningful territory control, next week we will have the custom roles patch. Is it going to be full of broken and OP builds? Sure, but it's gonna be a lot of fun, and a lot of players are coming back for it.

marcust

Existentialist

6/06/14 6:16:18 PM#29

This game is the Dark Souls of MMO's, simple as that.

Skill matters. Unfortunately ping also matters, but that's the price I have to pay to live in a beautiful place like Australia :)

Crafting orders does help with the craft grind, gather the mats and get an experienced crafter to make your gear instead.

I'm back thanks to the daily\weekly prowess feats and this weeks class jesus patch.

Still playing ESO though when I want some quiet time.

Playing: Lotro, DOTA2, ESO, Darkfall
Also played and worth mentioning: UO, WoW, Lineage2

prowess

Novice Member

6/07/14 5:27:58 PM#30
Originally posted by sludgebeard

I played Darkfall: UW for about 2 months when it launched and thought it was incredible, unfortunately none of my friends did and once they all quit and my guild disbanded I stopped playing.

Theres been a huge positive push for community building lately and from what I have read, a ton of positive changes to the game itself. Is now the time to return to DF or should I wait it out on more updates?

Subnote: I played ESO, found it only worthy of a few weeks of playtime, not worth the sub and left that. The whole time I thought about Darkfall, because honestly its more Elder Scrolls than ESO. 

Couldn't agree more with regards to ESO...

My personal feelings about DF is that I'm waiting for the custom roles patch to resub.  I don't like the direction I took with my character and the prowess reset will allow me to really push towards a nude erection that I will enjoy.

I chose the Xfinity speed test because it does not reveal my ISP.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search