Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,667 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,178
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » MASSIVE Darkfall Promotion!!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  Realbigdeal

Novice Member

2/07/14 10:00:37 PM#41
Originally posted by Nephaerius
All the complaining about MVP forums is getting old at this point eve, ddO, LOTRO and tons of other games have player councils that no one bitches about it all but if Aventurine does it it's a crime against humanity grow up and get over yourselves

What if a game has only 3 subs and an mvp forum. The devs sends 2 invitation and there's only 1 left. This one boy who is left in the public and sub forum keeps making threads and he keeps responding to him self after each 5 minutes or so. This is the current forumfall in nutchell and you got threads with 10 pages that keeps getting bumped by one person 1 - 3 different members(not kidding here).

All the good posters are in the mvp forum and you got the rest which is one set of mind all in the sub forum.

Other games are popular enough so sending a few invites won't change or break the forum and that's the difference. DF UW is still in development and you got ppl paying for kickstarter projects only coz they want and enjoy helping and speaking with the devs. AV is taking this extra feature away from every paying costumers which is stupid. By communicating, AV can bring back some subs and when he communicated with the whole community 3 times in a week, that day, more players subscribed only to hear more about him and to support, speak hearing more about a human who is developing a video game.

The only thing AV needed before the mvp forum was some good GM's to monitor the forum better.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Asheram

Apprentice Member

What happens when you get 5 stars do you get a cookie? ;)

2/07/14 10:06:52 PM#42
Originally posted by Lustmord
They store your character. You can have it unlocked quickly with a ticket.
It's a security feature, so dormant accounts don't get hacked and turned into farming bots.

You guys know this, but you just want to defame the game.

My dormant wow account has never been hacked and I havn't played it in 3-4 years and I would be willing to bet if I went and resubbed they would all be where I left them.

Edit: on topic at hand, I already purchased the client once- DF1. Seeing that this is now 10 bux I might repurchase it to see how the new is different than the old.

Lustmord

Hard Core Member

OP  2/08/14 3:29:38 AM#43
Originally posted by Asheram
Originally posted by Lustmord
They store your character. You can have it unlocked quickly with a ticket.
It's a security feature, so dormant accounts don't get hacked and turned into farming bots.

You guys know this, but you just want to defame the game.

My dormant wow account has never been hacked and I havn't played it in 3-4 years and I would be willing to bet if I went and resubbed they would all be where I left them.

Edit: on topic at hand, I already purchased the client once- DF1. Seeing that this is now 10 bux I might repurchase it to see how the new is different than the old.

My dormant wow account was hacked.

I was at work, and my girlfriend called me because her brother saw my toon online.

When I got my account back, my Paladin was outside that Ramparts dungeon, with only like 4 spells on his hotbar, and I had a bunch of extra crap in my bank. Apparently, I was being used to bot that dungeon.

Asheram

Apprentice Member

What happens when you get 5 stars do you get a cookie? ;)

2/10/14 5:58:25 PM#44

So I went ahead and bought the game on steam, kind of annoyed though as the next bill is on March 10th which is 28 days not 30 days.

edit: that and I couldn't use any of the money in my steam wallet for the purchase.

itchmon

Hard Core Member

2/17/14 10:43:22 PM#45

If I could ask, did anyone who had trouble with performance on an AMD/ATI system return lately and notice improvement?

the main reason I stepped away from the game (the secondary reason being the lack of an alignment system but that's for another post) was because for whatever reason my machine ran hot as hell during DF play.

my system is watercooled, 8 core, 8gb ram and a 69xx ati card with 2gb of vram.  it runs ff14 and landmark alpha on max with no problems but for whatever reason DFUW burned it up to the point where i actually needed to replace a fan.

others in my clan at the time reported similar problems, though only one so severe as mine.

If the performance in this area has improved i'd be more than happy to recommit to a go-around in agon.  I do believe there's potential in that game despite its faults.

Da Skull

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search