Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,475 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,235
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Panther2103

Elite Member

OP  2/17/14 12:06:11 AM#1

So the new patch for DFUW looked good, I decided to give the game another go. I started off with some issues with steam trying to charge me again for the game even though I had already bought it, but I guess you have to go to the account section to avoid purchasing it again and just get a sub, after that I patched the game and figured I would be ready. Then comes the next issue. I had purchased the game on the steam launch and enjoyed it quite a bit but just found it lacking a tad, and a little buggy. So I stopped playing after the free month. I had a character with relatively high stats / skills but now it looks as if my character is deleted from my account? 

Does Adventurine get rid of characters after inactivity for a certain amount of time? This seems like bullcrap because why would they just randomly delete my character. There was no access to this account after the free month was up and I know this because I would have seen a charge on my steam account so the account getting hacked isn't in question. Is it normal for things like this to happen with DF? I remember on the original darkfall I was able to log into my 2 year old account and still have my character. 

Badaboom

Elite Member

2/17/14 12:10:35 AM#2
Originally posted by Panther2103

So the new patch for DFUW looked good, I decided to give the game another go. I started off with some issues with steam trying to charge me again for the game even though I had already bought it, but I guess you have to go to the account section to avoid purchasing it again and just get a sub, after that I patched the game and figured I would be ready. Then comes the next issue. I had purchased the game on the steam launch and enjoyed it quite a bit but just found it lacking a tad, and a little buggy. So I stopped playing after the free month. I had a character with relatively high stats / skills but now it looks as if my character is deleted from my account? 

Does Adventurine get rid of characters after inactivity for a certain amount of time? This seems like bullcrap because why would they just randomly delete my character. There was no access to this account after the free month was up and I know this because I would have seen a charge on my steam account so the account getting hacked isn't in question. Is it normal for things like this to happen with DF? I remember on the original darkfall I was able to log into my 2 year old account and still have my character. 

Your character is safe.  They just store it.  You need to open up a support ticket.  

xpiher

Elite Member

2/17/14 12:10:45 AM#3

They moved your character to an inactive data base. Its still saved, its just not saved on their live servers. Instant migration is suppose to happen within the first hour or after logging in, but sometimes it can take a manual reload. AV has made a sticky about this process on their forums, but it really should tell you in the account page on steam and through their website. Read the link below for more information

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?386797-February-Promotion!-Feb-5-Feb-13

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Panther2103

Elite Member

OP  2/17/14 12:12:28 AM#4
Okay thank you guys! I was scared for a minute there. Also do you know if it's possible to get a forum account with subscriber status if I'm a sub on steam? I remember on launch I couldn't figure it out
  xpiher

Elite Member

2/17/14 12:17:44 AM#5
Okay thank you guys! I was scared for a minute there. Also do you know if it's possible to get a forum account with subscriber status if I'm a sub on steam? I remember on launch I couldn't figure it out

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?377410-Steam-Users-How-to-gain-access-in-Subscribers-section

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher