Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,970 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,924
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
70 posts found
  User Deleted
12/24/13 9:49:33 AM#61
Originally posted by Slapshot1188
Originally posted by ilives
Originally posted by faided
Originally posted by SirBalin
Cancelled my sub three months ago yet they keep charging my account.  I've contacted them over and over and they will not respond.  I finally changed my paypal and credit card info, but they are still trying to charge it....crazy...

Oh and I know I said lastly, here is the thing though.  If you have a cancelled account, and they charge you, all you have to do is contact support and they will give you your money back.  I know this b/c is states you have to remove the billing info to fully cancel your account in their TOS.

You can't remove your billing information.

What reputable company does this? So you're saying hitting the Cancel button on the the account page is meaningless?

How are they not crooks?

Hmm.. now that I'm thinking I don't have to worry because they changed my card number a few months back after a $159 mystery purchase in London.   I think I will just use a very low limit card for these transactions from now on...

Prepaid or Paypal is the way to go with these companies.

-Zeno-

Novice Member

12/25/13 10:08:54 PM#62
Cancelled my sub three months ago yet they keep charging my account.  I've contacted them over and over and they will not respond.  I finally changed my paypal and credit card info, but they are still trying to charge it....crazy...

Oh and I know I said lastly, here is the thing though.  If you have a cancelled account, and they charge you, all you have to do is contact support and they will give you your money back.  I know this b/c is states you have to remove the billing info to fully cancel your account in their TOS.

What reputable company does this? So you're saying hitting the Cancel button on the the account page is meaningless?

How are they not crooks?

I know that I cancelled around 6 months ago... don't recall having to do anything special.

I just logged in to check and do not see my CC info etc.  The old site used to have it visible...

Hmm.. now that I'm thinking I don't have to worry because they changed my card number a few months back after a $159 mystery purchase in London.   I think I will just use a very low limit card for these transactions from now on...

So someone stole your account info and you are blaming AV?  Hell AV doesn't even touch the transactions.  They use a company that hundreds of other companies use to do transactions with.  That is just as bad as forgetting to cancel and blaming AV for it.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

User Deleted
12/25/13 10:26:47 PM#63
Originally posted by -Zeno-

How are they not crooks?

I know that I cancelled around 6 months ago... don't recall having to do anything special.

I just logged in to check and do not see my CC info etc.  The old site used to have it visible...

Hell AV doesn't even touch the transactions.  They use a company that hundreds of other companies use to do transactions with.  

The transaction is processed through AV via the account page and support has access.

Slapshot1188

Hard Core Member

12/26/13 7:13:04 AM#64
Originally posted by -Zeno-

How are they not crooks?

So someone stole your account info and you are blaming AV?  Hell AV doesn't even touch the transactions.  They use a company that hundreds of other companies use to do transactions with.  That is just as bad as forgetting to cancel and blaming AV for it.

Absolutely not.  I was just saying that I DIDN'T have to worry because I have a new card number.  How you read that as me blaming AV is hard to follow...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

User Deleted
12/30/13 1:01:01 PM#65
  How you read that as me blaming AV is hard to follow...

Blind support perhaps?

DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

1/02/14 7:56:23 AM#66

There is a new trick by AV how to rob you money  in a reccuring subscription without you knowing it, reported on official forums, by hide the recurring or non-recurring option.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6756/l4c4.jpg

Official forums source :

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?385293-Be-cearfull-when-you-sub-resubb-to-the-game!

So beware of AV thives and mobstars.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

User Deleted
1/02/14 1:40:37 PM#67
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

There is a new trick by AV how to rob you money  in a reccuring subscription without you knowing it, reported on official forums, by hide the recurring or non-recurring option.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6756/l4c4.jpg

Official forums source :

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?385293-Be-cearfull-when-you-sub-resubb-to-the-game!

So beware of AV thives and mobstars.

That's very interesting, but a different issue.  The OP was still getting charged after cancelling.

AV better be offering refunds for that "mistake"

IDontThinkSoNo

Apprentice Member

1/02/14 1:46:19 PM#68

When DF first came out I had to perform a charge back from the bank as they decided that continually charging me once a month wasn't enough, they needed to start doing it twice.

The process isn't really lengthy, and the company has a reputation on file with most US financial institutions already.

User Deleted
1/02/14 3:47:34 PM#69
Originally posted by IDontThinkSoNo

When DF first came out I had to perform a charge back from the bank as they decided that continually charging me once a month wasn't enough, they needed to start doing it twice.

The process isn't really lengthy, and the company has a reputation on file with most US financial institutions already.

AV perma-bans your account for charge backs, regardless if it's their fault.

IDontThinkSoNo

Apprentice Member

1/02/14 5:01:51 PM#70
Yep, I was happy for the ban.
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search