Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,090 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,274,923
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Wow, 3rd patch in as many days...AV is on a roll.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
64 posts found
  User Deleted
12/25/13 9:42:47 AM#61
Originally posted by Holophonist
Originally posted by Dihoru
Originally posted by Scrappy_Doo

I don't get these complaints about a lot of (not all) this content already existing in DFO. Nobody disputes this. The game has less content currently than DFO. The goal is to make a game that doesn't so severely deter new players. Unfortunately they ran out of time, money, whatever else and had to launch the game without all of the possible content. This is another example of why the haters are never going to be pleased. Even when AV does the right thing, they're still wrong. It's an impossible situation. The "fanboys" are the people who take the situation for what it is and either enjoy the game or not.

What do you mean you don't get the complaints?  They closed a game, promised a new game, then launched an unfinished game and the new content they are adding is the content from the old game that they closed in the first place.  Why wouldn't anyone complain about that?

Let me spin your statement around on you for agrument sake and to be objective(unlike yourself).  "This is another example of why the fanbois are never going to see the truth.  Even when AV does nothing right, they're still going to praise them and call everyone haters.  It's an impossible situation.  The "haters" are the people who take the situation for what it is and try to give contructive criticism and feedback to may the game better."

Yeah you're just confused. I'm not saying you can't be upset that they changed the game in ways you don't like. That's not the complaining we're talking about. What we're talking about is now that we have dfuw, what reason is there to complain about them adding the content that you all say the game is missing? You guys complain that the game is missing content, they start adding content, you guys complain about that. Whereas the fanboys are enjoying the game and see these patches for what they are: good news. Hey look! They're fixing things we want them to fix. What could possibly be wrong about this position?

What truth am I not seeing exactly? What fault of AV's am I denying? And AV isn't doing "nothing right". They're adding content pretty quickly. They're changing the UI. How about they're even MAKING a full loot ow pvp twitch combat conquest game? Your "objective" view is a flat out lie.

Problem is the fact that  they've been making the same game for 4+ years and charging people to play it... the only lies being posted here are yours which are not outright lies but lies of omission because they are not making something new more like finally remaking DFO though it now has other more catastrophic issues.

Got that ?

You guys really need to grow up. Just because a company did something that you personally don't like, doesn't mean they can't ever do anything right ever again. Almost nobody denies any of the complaints you guys cry about, we just also recognize when positive things happen. And so what if they're making the same game and charging people? Play it if you like it, don't if you don't. Simple. They shouldn't be criticized for charging for a product. If it's not worth it for you, don't buy it. Welcome to how free markets work.

We need to grow up yet you attack anyone that says anything bad about the game or the company... christ you even came at me when all I said, and what I continue to say is: Let them keep this shit up consistently (pushing out content and bug fixes in major patches every few months or several weeks) and then ring the gong that good shit is happening with the game. Until then every post I see like this one just makes me think less of the people who post and not more of the game or the company as people are rushing to post anything positive about the game when to put it frankly... even Mortal Online has more a leg to stand on in the positivity department (say what you want about the developer at least they aren't lead by people who could be charitably called dishonest) currently. Let the developer and the game build a precendent, christ film impressive shit (objectively impressive, like say 300 people involved in a siege, show highlights out of a successful roam, shit like that) and show that because otherwise you're just running with 3 patch notes documents to a forum filled with bitter vets, trolls, skeptics and asshats like me :) (skeptical asshat to be perfectly frank) which just does not work especially in a world where there are dozens of MMOs that can match that (regardless of overall subgenre within the MMO scene).

Yeah great except I'm not attacking everybody who has anything bad to say about the game. There are many reasonable people who post in passing about why they're not playing the game. I've never attacked any of those people. Maybe you're just too sensitive because you claim I came at you when all I did was say that if the trolls are going to pounce at every opportunity to trash the game, there's nothing wrong with pointing out when they do something right. Especially when the overall mood regarding these 3 patches is already totally reserved. Most people are like "wow. I'm surprised they actually implemented all 3." It really hasn't been spiking the football or slamming it people's faces. I think you coming in to break up the non existent party was uncalled for and I didn't even attack you for it. I just said if the haters can derail every thread and shit on the game 24/7, then us normal people can be happy when something positive actually happens.

Would not happen if normal people would hold off until they had some conclusive proof that the positive thing they see is part of a trend or if it is just a marketing ploy. The game needs more people being critical and less reserved because the game is dying, if shit does not get better no amount of reservation or happiness for some vague monochromatic rainbows will save it.

Sorry but what are you even talking about? The patches had good changes. There's nothing wrong with being happy about good changes to a game we already enjoy.

They are not changes they are restorations, get that into your system already, there is everything wrong with being happy about getting back something you lost hoping to get something better in exchange and paying premium rates for it.

Badaboom

Hard Core Member

OP  12/25/13 11:44:56 AM#62
Merry Christmas everyone.   Please don't bicker in this thread.  Some people hate Darkfall and others love it.  I don't think there is any point in trying to convince each other why the game is deserving of praise or criticism.   The topic is the third patch so the discussion for this thread should be centred around that.
  User Deleted
12/25/13 12:17:01 PM#63
Originally posted by Badaboom
Merry Christmas everyone.   Please don't bicker in this thread.  Some people hate Darkfall and others love it.  I don't think there is any point in trying to convince each other why the game is deserving of praise or criticism.   The topic is the third patch so the discussion for this thread should be centred around that.

<3 gotta love the DFUW community sometimes.

Holophonist

Hard Core Member

12/25/13 5:04:16 PM#64
In the spirit of Christmas and my new remote control helicopter (I'm a grown ass man), I'll let this one go.
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search