Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,251 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,289
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » I wish Aventurine could make a PvE mmo too

16 posts found
  delete5230

Elite Member

OP  12/20/13 5:01:49 AM#1

It's been months since I played Darkfall and even then for only 30 days.  Now first, I would like to say I absolutely love there style of making this mmo.  It does have some great qualities with it's open world, beautiful graphics and life is hard style of game play.

However with all that.  Everyone here has to admit, many mmo players passed through this game only to stop playing such as I.  I love Aventurines attitude ( hard ).  If only they could make a PvE mmo too, I think they would have a real winner.

I'm sure they can pull it off.  It took them for ever to make Darkfall 1.0 or what ever you call it, but Darkfall Unholly Wars took no time at all.  I think, at least in my opinion Aventurine does not have a bad reputation but the majority are not hardcore PVP players.

User Deleted
12/20/13 8:09:20 AM#2
Originally posted by delete5230

It's been months since I played Darkfall and even then for only 30 days.  Now first, I would like to say I absolutely love there style of making this mmo.  It does have some great qualities with it's open world, beautiful graphics and life is hard style of game play.

However with all that.  Everyone here has to admit, many mmo players passed through this game only to stop playing such as I.  I love Aventurines attitude ( hard ).  If only they could make a PvE mmo too, I think they would have a real winner.

I'm sure they can pull it off.  It took them for ever to make Darkfall 1.0 or what ever you call it, but Darkfall Unholly Wars took no time at all.  I think, at least in my opinion Aventurine does not have a bad reputation but the majority are not hardcore PVP players.

1. DFUW is nothing more than a DF mod/expansion and it still took 3 years. 

2. There are 100's of PvE mmos on the market and DF could never compete.

3. AV has a terrible reputation and for good reason. 

4. DFUW  isn't much more than a PVP death match, take PVP away and there'd be nothing.

5. Beautiful graphics! Compared to what....

A PVE only version of DFUW would be a complete failure as it has little to offer PVPers and nothing to offer PVE types.

So why did you stop playing? You can hug the safe zones with zero chance of getting killed in PVP. 

Holophonist

Hard Core Member

12/20/13 8:16:05 AM#3
I have nothing against pve mmos, in fact from everything my friends tell me, ffxi was amazing in its time. However, AV will simply NEVER make a pve game. It's not their style all.
  User Deleted
12/20/13 8:25:12 AM#4
Originally posted by Holophonist
 However, AV will simply NEVER make a pve game. It's not their style all.

I wouldn't say never, AVs style " is now dictated by InternetQ. 

Badaboom

Hard Core Member

12/20/13 8:27:49 AM#5
I just cant play a pve mmo that doesn't have open world pvp right alongside it.  It is just so stale and boring. 
  lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/20/13 9:29:32 AM#6

Originally posted by ilives

Originally posted by Holophonist  However, AV will simply NEVER make a pve game. It's not their style all.

Aventurine was profitable when InternetQ invested in them. That's why InternetQ invested in them. At the same time, AV is branching out to mobile cross platform gaming (named AV-1.0). InternetQ is probably much more interested in having a known good pocket developer for their core business that also happens to be profitable in their own right.

If AV is taking care of the casual stuff in a separate platform, it doesn't seem likely that they're going to launch a third platform any time soon.

InternetQ statement on Aventurine

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

User Deleted
12/20/13 10:12:29 AM#7
Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Holophonist  However, AV will simply NEVER make a pve game. It's not their style all.

Aventurine was profitable when InternetQ invested in them. That's why InternetQ invested in them. At the same time, AV is branching out to mobile cross platform gaming (named AV-1.0). InternetQ is probably much more interested in having a known good pocket developer for their core business that also happens to be profitable in their own right.

If AV is taking care of the casual stuff in a separate platform, it doesn't seem likely that they're going to launch a third platform any time soon.

InternetQ statement on Aventurine

You are way misinformed ! Profitable companies don't sell off controlling interest, downsize and need numerous loans. 

InternetQs "investment" grants them controlling interest in A V . (51%)

Anyway

I don't think InternetQ cares what AV's style is regarding MMO,  they're in the business of making money.   

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/20/13 10:35:14 AM#8

Aventurine was profitable when InternetQ invested in them. That's why InternetQ invested in them. At the same time, AV is branching out to mobile cross platform gaming (named AV-1.0). InternetQ is probably much more interested in having a known good pocket developer for their core business that also happens to be profitable in their own right. If AV is taking care of the casual stuff in a separate platform, it doesn't seem likely that they're going to launch a third platform any time soon. InternetQ statement on Aventurine  
You are way misinformed ! Profitable companies don't sell off controlling interest, downsize and need numerous loans. 

Anyway

I don't think InternetQ cares what AV's style is regarding MMO,  they're in the business of making money.   

In any event, the least likely scenario is Aventurine producing a PvE Darkfall. InternetQ is a mobile company and they've announced Aventurine's next project is a cross platform game. It's mobile for them, not traditional MMORPGs.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

User Deleted
12/20/13 10:43:26 AM#9

Aventurine was profitable when InternetQ invested in them. That's why InternetQ invested in them. At the same time, AV is branching out to mobile cross platform gaming (named AV-1.0). InternetQ is probably much more interested in having a known good pocket developer for their core business that also happens to be profitable in their own right. If AV is taking care of the casual stuff in a separate platform, it doesn't seem likely that they're going to launch a third platform any time soon. InternetQ statement on Aventurine  

Anyway

In any event, the least likely scenario is Aventurine producing a PvE Darkfall. InternetQ is a mobile company and they've announced Aventurine's next project is a cross platform game. It's mobile for them, not traditional MMORPGs.

Point being AV producing a PVE game isn't out of the realm of possibility regardless of platform. 

Niburu

Advanced Member

12/22/13 4:34:56 PM#10
They added a new dungeon and hopefully more. So isnt the fun of DF PvE that you have a danger 
  lizardbones

Elite Member

12/22/13 5:05:06 PM#11

You are way misinformed ! Profitable companies don't sell off controlling interest, downsize and need numerous loans.     InternetQs "investment" grants them controlling interest in A V . (51%) Anyway   I don't think InternetQ cares what AV's style is regarding MMO,  they're in the business of making money.   
 Point being AV producing a PVE game isn't out of the realm of possibility regardless of platform. 

When that happens you be sure to reference this post. I wouldn't hold your breath for a PvE Darkfall game though.

User Deleted
12/22/13 6:23:25 PM#12

You are way misinformed ! Profitable companies don't sell off controlling interest, downsize and need numerous loans.     InternetQs "investment" grants them controlling interest in A V . (51%) Anyway   I don't think InternetQ cares what AV's style is regarding MMO,  they're in the business of making money.   

When that happens you be sure to reference this post. I wouldn't hold your breath for a PvE Darkfall game though.

Did  I say anything  about a PVE Darkfall? No.  Try reading the thread next time

lizardbones

Elite Member

12/22/13 6:26:42 PM#13

Did  I say anything  about a PVE Darkfall? no. 

Anything other than a PvE Darkfall would not really fit what the OP is on about. It wouldn't answer the repeated, but infrequent calls for a Darkfall PvE server. That Aventurine is going to build something cross platform, probably casual and probably PvE seems very likely. It's the kind of PvE game that the OP is asking for that isn't likely to happen.

artemisentr4

Advanced Member

12/22/13 6:36:00 PM#14
Originally posted by delete5230

I agree, but not PvE only. More like a PvE oriented MMO on a PvP server. So I would be fine with the same PvP, just a lot more PvE content for all play styles.

I loved the combat when I played, it was a lot of fun. I just wanted more to the game than what I was given.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
R.A.Salvatore

Seelinnikoi

Hard Core Member

12/22/13 6:47:18 PM#15

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THEY CANT MAKE A PVP GAME PROPERLY, LET ALONE A PVE...

Retired

Advanced Member

12/22/13 6:55:41 PM#16
Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THEY CANT MAKE A PVP GAME PROPERLY, LET ALONE A PVE...

I lol'ed.