Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,150 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,791
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » 2nd patch in as many days

17 posts found
  Badaboom

Elite Member

OP  12/18/13 10:03:28 AM#1

This is the new chat patch we talked about last week and it also includes the addition of deployable and city Cannons.

New Feature

New Chat, including emotes and chat bubbles (with the option to turn them off)
•Emotes can be used by the bottom right button in the chat, or by typing out the full emote command (e.g. /guitar) Keybind options are included.
•Chat bubbles will only appear for messages that are sent through the local area channel.
•You can cycle through previous sent messages using Ctrl+UP/DOWN

New Spawnable Cannon (Eruptor Cannon)
•It can be crafted through engineering and requires a new material (Flash Cotton), only available as a Village reward (rare)
•Added cannons to clan city towers

General Fixes

•Fixed a bug with ship building and some fishing feats not being completed
•Some ability and AI teaks for Sir Davosh and Erodach
•Asset protection cost has been decreased by 70%

Good times. I've been trying to get optional chat bubbles but in from the beginning, and its finally here. Chat bubbles, emotes, cannons with a new rare resource from village only. Awesomeness.

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

12/18/13 10:06:56 AM#2

Credit when credit is due.

Positively surprised.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

User Deleted
12/18/13 10:15:00 AM#3
Originally posted by Caaahl

Positively surprised.

Not if they are pumped out the door without testing,  more HOTFIXs incoming.

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

12/18/13 11:15:57 AM#4

wrekognize

Novice Member

12/18/13 11:16:37 AM#5
Originally posted by ilives

Positively surprised.

Considering the new dungeon they added is pretty well polished, I don't see why this patch would not be.

Badaboom

Elite Member

OP  12/18/13 11:23:09 AM#6
  Badaboom

Elite Member

OP  12/18/13 3:02:26 PM#7

Pic of the new chat bubble:   Chat bubble

Realbigdeal

Advanced Member

12/18/13 3:33:58 PM#8

Now, we just need warhulks just to own siege engine that can be despawned. 

Patch looks great, but even with all that, i won't come back as long as enchanting, flagging system and balance are missed. 

With city walls that are already as safe as they are, there needs to be a reason to stay inside rather than using the free safezone for ever. Players flagged red shoudlnt even be allowed to be inside of them. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

12/18/13 3:46:24 PM#9
Finally one can use funny emotes again to troll a victim before ganking. :D

User Deleted
12/18/13 4:03:50 PM#10
Originally posted by wrekognize

Positively surprised.

Considering the new dungeon they added is pretty well polished, I don't see why this patch would not be.

The dungeon Tasos said was complete months ago?

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

12/18/13 4:16:02 PM#11
Originally posted by wrekognize

Positively surprised.

The dungeon Tasos said was complete months ago?

Yes, this one.

It is true that he lied straight to our faces and i dont want to and wont justify this.

But this still doesnt mean that AV is not able to supply the missing stuff now step by step. Seems like the asian release gave them a little upswing.

The latest patches were done nicely and made the game better; one has to acknowledge that, imo, even though when one is pi**ed about AVs behaviour in the past.

tom_gore

Advanced Member

12/19/13 7:47:54 AM#12

Yay for chat bubbles! They should be a norm (switchable option) in all MMOs.

It might be that I will need to check out DF:UW one of these days, if they would just offer a trial of some sort.

Badaboom

Elite Member

OP  12/19/13 8:14:06 AM#13

Originally posted by tom_gore Yay for chat bubbles! They should be a norm (switchable option) in all MMOs. It might be that I will need to check out DF:UW one of these days, if they would just offer a trial of some sort.
Tom, sale starting today until Jan 2.  66% off.

https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/

tom_gore

Advanced Member

12/19/13 9:21:22 AM#14
Originally posted by Badaboom

Originally posted by tom_gore Yay for chat bubbles! They should be a norm (switchable option) in all MMOs. It might be that I will need to check out DF:UW one of these days, if they would just offer a trial of some sort.
Tom, sale starting today until Jan 2.  66% off.

https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/

Shiiiiit... They stalking my posts or smth?

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

12/19/13 11:08:16 AM#15

Last patch also ninja included a new head model for each race and sex:

http://youtu.be/qhMCOOUT3a8

tom_gore

Advanced Member

12/20/13 12:38:43 AM#16

Ok I got the game and played a bit. I played the original Darkfall in the last beta before launch and this one makes me wonder - why the hell did they scrap the entire original game to build this one?

I'm not saying the game is bad, but I can immediately see this one has a ton less features that the original had. Immediately in character creation I saw that they normalized all body types, so everyone is the same size and shape now. What a letdown. Why even have different races then? I guess this was done for both performance and balance reasons, but it was a dumb move.

Second, why do we need classes? The skill based system in DF could just have been tweaked and given a skill cap, like UO did, and everyone would have been happy, no?

Speaking of skill-based system, it looks like skills no longer improve by using them. Instead I'm gaining something called Prowess, which I guess is another word for experience? Well at least crafting skills seem to improve by using them, although at a patheticly slow rate.

Animations seem to be ok this time around and the overall graphics are quite nice compared to the original, although you would think they'd finally have given the combat a bit more "oomph". Hitting something still doesn't feel right, as the hit seems to register half a second after the swing, even with a ping of 60ish.

As I mentioned, the world looks pretty, but it's also totally empty! There are no critters or even graphical effects like butterflies, bees, falling leaves etc. All mobs I encountered were hostile, are there any non-hostile mobs at all? The "cities" also don't have any NPCs except the merchants.

I'll probably keep checking out the game as long as my "free" month runs, but at this rate I'm pretty sure I won't subscribe. The top question on my mind is, why the fuck did they have to do such a complete reboot?

Niburu

Advanced Member

12/20/13 1:41:52 AM#17

Well, the prowess system you are seeing completly removed AFK macroing out of the game. You feats also give you some goals you can do. They are at times abit boring because you simply kill mobs. Or craft stuff. The class system was done to limit the skills one could use and to ad diversity. Atm with 3 roles per class it is abit basic but once every class has for roles you can start mixing stuff. There is a difference between your primary and secondary school. A brawler/deadeye skirmisher plays different than a deadeye/brawler. 

From what i heard they had to remake the game because the code they had from 2003-2010 or 2011 became so messy that developers couldnt work with it.

The models are indeed abit boring but every race has the same hitbox now, this was a complain in DF1.

Well and you cant argue against it that Darkfall:Unholy Wars has less features than DF1 but the features in DF:UW make more sense than they did in DF because they implemented them abit better.

Same as DF1, to experience the game you need to join a guild and join the big fights