Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,839,411 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,053
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » AV is in PANIC mode!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
86 posts found
  User Deleted
11/02/13 2:00:56 AM#41
You guys were delusional if you thought it was be any different.  AV's standard operating procedures are nothing new.
  xpiher

Advanced Member

11/02/13 2:03:51 AM#42
Originally posted by Tissmogi
Originally posted by Hancakes
Originally posted by Tissmogi
Originally posted by Kyleran
Originally posted by Lahuzer
Er, you are just realizing this now?

But it is worse then ever now. They deleted shitloads of posts from the thread about their latest (rly lame) update. Peeps saying things like "At least this update saved me 15 bucks" etc. They delete ANYTHING that is itsy bitsy negative. Yeah. They are panicking...

OK, they are sinking to new lows.... understandable...wonder why they are so touchy these days?

ASIA release.

Nope, it's losing control of the company. They didn't release in Asia btw, Mgame did. 

Thanks for that info. I guess they still get license fee from Mgame unless they completely sold it, which would be silly but not surprising given their financial situation . . . 

They sold publishing rights and are co-developing the game with them. According to the annoucment,  which was released public, mGame is focusing on PvE. In the asian version there is a couple of differences in PvE. The rare mobs are announced when they are spawned and the system tells you when you are near them. I've ran into a couple of them and it SEEMs they act smarter. Don't know if thats true or just lucky with the AI when I fought it. These changes will make it to the NA server supposedly and most of the these changes was done by mGame and AV working together

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 3:19:38 AM#43
Originally posted by Badaboom

I wouldn't listen to closely to the people of this forum as they are all haters.  

This is not true.

I am following DF since 2006, i was playing original DF from closed beta on and had 2 accounts as well as in DFUW.

I spent well over a thousand Euros on DF and DFUW during that time. (thats not exaggerated btw)

And yet i got lied at year after year after year and i was stupid enough to keep on paying these fraudsters at Aventurine.

The thing with AV is, you cannot possibly list all the lies and failures of them anymore. It is just not possible because there are so many of it.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

xpiher

Advanced Member

11/02/13 3:42:44 AM#44
Originally posted by Caaahl

I wouldn't listen to closely to the people of this forum as they are all haters.  

This is not true.

I am following DF since 2006, i was playing original DF from closed beta on and had 2 accounts as well as in DFUW.

I spent well over a thousand Euros on DF and DFUW during that time. (thats not exaggerated btw)

And yet i got lied at year after year after year and i was stupid enough to keep on paying these fraudsters at Aventurine.

The thing with AV is, you cannot possibly list all the lies and failures of them anymore. It is just not possible because there are so many of it.

They qare only lies if you believed them in the first place :p

Games:
Past games:
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Warhammer - Xpiher

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 4:12:48 AM#45

kinghussien

Novice Member

OP  11/02/13 4:13:07 AM#46
Originally posted by xpiher

This is not true.

I think a lot of us who have been playing the game a while and hoping AV would turn around got a rude awakening these past few days.

xpiher

Advanced Member

11/02/13 4:26:01 AM#47
Originally posted by kinghussien

This is not true.

I think a lot of us who have been playing the game a while and hoping AV would turn around got a rude awakening these past few days.

What rude awakening? I've been playing DFO since 2009 and nothing going on right now is a rude awakening. If you are talking about agent orange hes just a power trip mod. That's it. 

Games:
Past games:
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Warhammer - Xpiher

MrBoots

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 5:02:13 AM#48

What rude awakening? I've been playing DFO since 2009 and nothing going on right now is a rude awakening. If you are talking about agent orange hes just a power trip mod. That's it. 

The rude awakening is that they turned on the community instead of listening. Deleting posts and silencing critics is much easier than fixing the game. You might not have seen it since the thread was deleted, but he posted that the mods were instructed to crack down on dissenters by AV.

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 5:05:22 AM#49
Originally posted by MrBoots

The rude awakening is that they turned on the community instead of listening. Deleting posts and silencing critics is much easier than fixing the game. You might not have seen it since the thread was deleted, but he posted that the mods were instructed to do these things by AV.

I saw this post of AjentOranj.

Then it got deleted and said mod told people to "stop spread such BS" when they asked him about it.

Nice wording coming from a moderator.

xpiher

Advanced Member

11/02/13 5:47:26 AM#50

The rude awakening is that they turned on the community instead of listening. Deleting posts and silencing critics is much easier than fixing the game. You might not have seen it since the thread was deleted, but he posted that the mods were instructed to crack down on dissenters by AV.

That's agent being agent. He shouldn't be a mod I agree, but hes been doing this since he was made a mod. He doesn't do it at the order of AV, he just doesn't like any flaming period. He should quit/get fired. He suspended me for "spamming"

Now, some of the posts I've seen him delete were just trolling/flaming. Others were deleted for BS reasons. But its JUST HIM. 

Games:
Past games:
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Warhammer - Xpiher

Caaahl

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 7:14:39 AM#51

That's agent being agent. He shouldn't be a mod I agree, but hes been doing this since he was made a mod. He doesn't do it at the order of AV, he just doesn't like any flaming period. He should quit/get fired. He suspended me for "spamming"

Now, some of the posts I've seen him delete were just trolling/flaming. Others were deleted for BS reasons. But its JUST HIM. 

No, it is not "just him". It's AV policy.

I spoke to several people via pm on the df boards who did the same as i did:

Sending complaints to Brannoc, the AV staff working as "Community Manager" and explaining the wrond doings of AjenOranj. This went on for several months now and AV didnt change anything.

Which only means that they concur with the behaviour of their forum moderator and therefore it becomes AV's policy of dealing with criticism.

xpiher

Advanced Member

11/02/13 7:18:22 AM#52

Sending complaints to Brannoc, the AV staff working as "Community Manager" and explaining the wrond doings of AjenOranj. This went on for several months now and AV didnt change anything.

Which only means that they concur with the behaviour of their forum moderator and therefore it becomes AV's policy of dealing with criticism.

No, its just him because the other mods don't ban people for trolling or flaming. They just wont unban you if you violate forum rules and actually get banned for it. Icy wouldn't unban me for instance. 

PS: Brannco doesn't work for AV anymore. Its brother justin again, who is also bad with banning for trolling. 

Games:
Past games:
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Warhammer - Xpiher

kinghussien

Novice Member

OP  11/02/13 9:40:36 AM#53

No, its just him because the other mods don't ban people for trolling or flaming. They just wont unban you if you violate forum rules and actually get banned for it. Icy wouldn't unban me for instance. 

PS: Brannco doesn't work for AV anymore. Its brother justin again, who is also bad with banning for trolling. 

There are no other mods. Brother Justin is rarely online. Agentdickwad is the main culprit.

Hancakes

Novice Member

11/02/13 11:53:24 AM#54
Originally posted by kinghussien

There are no other mods. Brother Justin is rarely online. Agentdickwad is the main culprit.

Regardless of moderation, it's a simple reflection of the state of the game.  

NightBandit

Hard Core Member

Make friends not money, then wealth will follow.

11/02/13 12:01:17 PM#55
Their game is going down the pan like their country, everyone is on the take and dishonest so what can you expect.
nightbandit Xfire Miniprofile

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 12:19:01 PM#56

People that play Darkfall like to fight, a lot.  We fight about everything and anything just for the sake of the fight.  This is one thing that we can all get together on and fight AV.  

The OP is absolutely correct in the last couple months and the last few weeks especially AV has been cracking down very, very hard on their forums.  The Darkfall forums used to be a place of freedom where propaganda and trolling reigned supreme.  Threads were numerous and they grew long and interesting.  Now, the Darkfall forums are a ghost town people don't post about anything anymore as there is a 90% chance it will simply get deleted.

The number one worst offender on the DF forums is AgentOranj a mod that abuses his power to no ends.  He gleefully closes thread after thread and hands out bans upon bans.   Single handed he has brought a once mighty forum community to its knees and destroyed forums that had been going strong for nearly a decade.

[mod edit]
  Bior39

Apprentice Member

11/02/13 12:42:31 PM#57

I am reserving this space because this thread is full of so much sensationalized and straight made up BS that someone needs to put it all in perspective.

Most of the names posting are very well known old fans of Darkfall who don't like the new design of Unholy Wars and are tearing it apart for no reason wherever they can.

I will go into more detail later but there is not a "panic mode" happening, no one is nuking all negative threads on the forums. All anyone has to look at is a few posts in any thread, there is tons of negativity, forumfall is one of the most critical and loosely enforced boards out there.

The people getting infractions are deliberately trying to derail the OFFICIAL discussion thread. Or starting new discussion threads on the same topic

Popple

Novice Member

11/02/13 2:04:28 PM#58
Originally posted by Lahuzer
Er, you are just realizing this now?

But it is worse then ever now. They deleted shitloads of posts from the thread about their latest (rly lame) update. Peeps saying things like "At least this update saved me 15 bucks" etc. They delete ANYTHING that is itsy bitsy negative. Yeah. They are panicking...

OK, they are sinking to new lows.... understandable...wonder why they are so touchy these days?

No money = Vaporware...

I retired retroactively..Haha

Corpeus

Novice Member

11/02/13 2:06:59 PM#59

Ajent oranj is a complete douche bag. He deleted dozens of posts and threads that were related to the update or lack of because they were negative. Then he has the balls to go on there and post negative crap about the chat system. he's nothing but a hipocrate.

I posted this and got it deleted 2 times and suspended from posting.

You be the judge. Should this have been deleted and should my forum account been suspended?

Cooler heads of mods here have to prevail. Deleting posts only angers the community. Regardless if you believe it's off topic or not. Paying customers are posting comments about their displeasure of Tacos most recent update. I've been a paying customer since the EU launch of df1 and of course dfuw. I made a couple of posts responding to other posts how people want to be able to change hairstyles and colour for example and cannon towers being still out of the game. All features from the fist df1 taken out for some inexplicable reason for a new game that should have been an improvement over the first in every way. The mods responded by deleting these posts because they were critical.

You deleted my post when I commented about this from the update today. Just like you commented on the chat system I commented on this:

From Tacos update; Clan holdings: Our goal is to make them the focal point in clan warfare. This is in currently the design stage.

My Comment was ROFL! AV is in the design stage of clan holdings being a focal point? This has been the entire point of their game since DF1 and their only now designing it!

You deleted this comment why? Is it off topic? Let me help you with the answer. NO and because you acted with such callousness deleting my posts as well as dozens of others I cancelled my account and will not support AV in the future. Not only have you pissed people off you've forced them into a even more public website which you can't control doing far more damage to the game.

Popple

Novice Member

11/02/13 2:10:48 PM#60
Originally posted by Bior39

I am reserving this space because this thread is full of so much sensationalized and straight made up BS that someone needs to put it all in perspective.

Most of the names posting are very well known old fans of Darkfall who don't like the new design of Unholy Wars and are tearing it apart for no reason wherever they can.

I will go into more detail later but there is not a "panic mode" happening, no one is nuking all negative threads on the forums. All anyone has to look at is a few posts in any thread, there is tons of negativity, forumfall is one of the most critical and loosely enforced boards out there.

The people getting infractions are deliberately trying to derail the OFFICIAL discussion thread. Or starting new discussion threads on the same topic

With only 2 posted, you must be upset about something to come here from the Darkfall forum to post here.Are you a Dev by chance? If so you might to want to listen to your fan base..

Mod Edit.. A word from a wise person..You dont bite the hands that feed you!

I retired retroactively..Haha

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search