Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,876 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,910
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
36 posts found
  Badaboom

Hard Core Member

10/07/13 1:59:15 PM#21
Originally posted by Deerhunter71
Originally posted by ilives
Originally posted by thinktank001
I agree that Darkfall is a disappointment, but aside from beta the game hasn't been listed as being more than a battleground.   Tacos even stated during the MMORPG.com interview that the game will be nothing more than a large battleground for PvP.   

That's not even remotely true, perhaps you should watch the interview again. http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/344139754

AV even went as far as to delete/edit the feature list AFTER the DFUW pre-orders.

Spot on and remember they had 29 dungeons all ready to roll last November....

Oh, so you're still here eh?  Yeah the content/patch output is slow but I must say I'm having more fun now in game than I have in a long while.  Last night was pretty crazy.  Anyways, I look at the current crop of MMO's and I still don't see anything that can compare to Darkfall.  When something better comes out I certainly will take a look at it but until then I guess I'm still going to play UW.

Ringside

Advanced Member

OP  10/08/13 10:48:04 AM#22
Originally posted by Badaboom
Originally posted by Deerhunter71
Originally posted by thinktank001
I agree that Darkfall is a disappointment, but aside from beta the game hasn't been listed as being more than a battleground.   Tacos even stated during the MMORPG.com interview that the game will be nothing more than a large battleground for PvP.   

That's not even remotely true, perhaps you should watch the interview again. http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/344139754

AV even went as far as to delete/edit the feature list AFTER the DFUW pre-orders.

Spot on and remember they had 29 dungeons all ready to roll last November....

Oh, so you're still here eh?  Yeah the content/patch output is slow but I must say I'm having more fun now in game than I have in a long while.  Last night was pretty crazy.  Anyways, I look at the current crop of MMO's and I still don't see anything that can compare to Darkfall.  When something better comes out I certainly will take a look at it but until then I guess I'm still going to play UW.

im with you on that one. Im having a Blast atm. I just cant stop playing and trying to get better. I started playing a month ago

and my character is already maxed for 1 role which is amazing. I just got into Magnetic Man Stream/Broadcast yesterday since i killed 3 LoD to help him out getting zerged down.  We were 2 v s 7 or 8 ... ok we died but ganked a couple b4 we did lol

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/08/13 11:17:29 AM#23
Originally posted by Fearum

Glad to see you're easily impressed with a balance patch before the rest of the game is even released.

Only on this website, about Darkfall, would someone consider an MMO "not released" because it doesn't have all the classes mentioned pre release. I guess WoW doesn't have the rest of the game released?

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/08/13 11:42:40 AM#24
Originally posted by DarthRaiden
Originally posted by Mardukk
Originally posted by Ringside
I pvp to have fun and loot my opponent. More incentive wouldnt hurt but what needs a fix is the loot drop for the terrors and above. Give players a reason to farm scourge and monstruosity

That's the point, its nothing but PvP without substance.

Maybe they could add in some instanced battleground pvp for you.  Now that is pointless PvP.

thats exactly the description of what DF:UW is.

just strike the word instance and replace it with "one big" :

"some... one big battleground pvp for you.  Now that is pointless PvP."

and thats the point and the problem...it is nothing but a big pointless battleground without any meaning but showing off epeen..

You have clearly never played the game. What would add a point to PvP beyond what is already in there? (territory and resource control, and wonder control).

As far as I know, that is more meaning to PvP than in any other MMO except for Eve and DAoC.

And if you're still operating under the delusion there's only PvP in the game, you haven't played it in years.

SirBalin

Warmonger

10/08/13 11:52:15 AM#25

Glad to see you're easily impressed with a balance patch before the rest of the game is even released. Yeah it was needed, but wtf man, they are still missing 5 classes! Not to mention the rest of the damn game!

Well enjoy paying to play a game still in beta, I just couldn't stand playing it with absolutely nothing really to do on a day to day basis. Farming for a bit, making some gear and going to the same spot to find some pvp just got too boring. I'll keep an eye on the game like I have been since I unsubbed and wait for the rest of the classes/game to finally get patched in before I resub. Which will probably take AV another year and a half to add it all in so, cya in 2015!

I hear ya on this...and you are right.  We all know that AV is a very bad company...they don't deliver, they blatently lie...but in the end, they have made the best owpvp game out there.  Has it's problems, but the game is fun.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/08/13 12:12:33 PM#26
Originally posted by SirBalin

Glad to see you're easily impressed with a balance patch before the rest of the game is even released. Yeah it was needed, but wtf man, they are still missing 5 classes! Not to mention the rest of the damn game!

Well enjoy paying to play a game still in beta, I just couldn't stand playing it with absolutely nothing really to do on a day to day basis. Farming for a bit, making some gear and going to the same spot to find some pvp just got too boring. I'll keep an eye on the game like I have been since I unsubbed and wait for the rest of the classes/game to finally get patched in before I resub. Which will probably take AV another year and a half to add it all in so, cya in 2015!

I hear ya on this...and you are right.  We all know that AV is a very bad company...they don't deliver, they blatently lie...but in the end, they have made the best owpvp game out there.  Has it's problems, but the game is fun.

If AV don't deliver, and lie, then how come this balance patch even exists? You need to define what's "bad" about AV, because a bad company wouldn't be releasing balance patches that address every single user complaint.

Nephaerius

Novice Member

10/08/13 12:24:27 PM#27

I just have to chime in and say I freaking love this game!  I haven't sunk this many hours into an MMO in years!  Literally sitting at work and all I can think about is getting back to DFUW.  I'm not an embittered DFO vet, although I did play the original, and I love most things about the updated version of the game.  IMO I haven't seen anything I consider a step backwards except for the removal of enchanting.  Do I wish there were more features, etc.?  Sure, but I'm currently enjoying what is on offer and they appear to be rolling out pretty consistent content patches coming every two weeks.

As an aside, I absolutely love the world of Agon.  Agon actually feels like a real place.  The skies and alien astronomy are absolutely enthralling and make for an immersive experience.  I really have to take my hat off to the world builders because while it may be hard to put into words this is one of the most cohesive and enjoyable worlds I have ever taken part in.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

10/08/13 1:42:43 PM#28
Originally posted by DavisFlight
I pvp to have fun and loot my opponent. More incentive wouldnt hurt but what needs a fix is the loot drop for the terrors and above. Give players a reason to farm scourge and monstruosity

Maybe they could add in some instanced battleground pvp for you.  Now that is pointless PvP.

and thats the point and the problem...it is nothing but a big pointless battleground without any meaning but showing off epeen..

You have clearly never played the game. What would add a point to PvP beyond what is already in there? (territory and resource control, and wonder control).

As far as I know, that is more meaning to PvP than in any other MMO except for Eve and DAoC.

And if you're still operating under the delusion there's only PvP in the game, you haven't played it in years.

Either you dont know me or you ignore that fact me beeing the most loyal supporter for DF even of the most people here had given that up. Active subscription for 3+ years + Beta of this DF:UW fiasco.

About the 'meaning'...what about consequences ..PvP has to include risk.

If gear is generic and everyone can craft it where is the point of loot ? 

If auction house is global and you can retrieve everything in safety where is the point if there is no risk ?

What about the risk of become rogue ?   Of course in a big safezone that is DF:UW everyone can group hag  and no risk involved.

Another good starting point is to give some meaning to the feeling of "feeling home" somewhere on Agon. 

Nothing is worthwile to defend . No racial wars, no meaningfull playercities, no affinity to some area being special as any area is not special.

oh sorry there is a difference one big area for group hag and other small area for epeen PvP without risk. of anything

The list is ongoing and it just mentiones the weakness of PvP in DF:UW  i even didnt touched the real gap between a good MMORPG  and  DF:UW.

200k+ people intrested in DF don't play DF because of other reasons and its not the PvP  to give you a idea.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Deerhunter71

Novice Member

10/08/13 5:12:35 PM#29

Either you dont know me or you ignore that fact me beeing the most loyal supporter for DF even of the most people here had given that up. Active subscription for 3+ years + Beta of this DF:UW fiasco.

If auction house is global and you can retrieve everything in safety where is the point if there is no risk ?

What about the risk of become rogue ?   Of course in a big safezone that is DF:UW everyone can group hag  and no risk involved.

Another good starting point is to give some meaning to the feeling of "feeling home" somewhere on Agon. 

Nothing is worthwile to defend . No racial wars, no meaningfull playercities, no affinity to some area being special as any area is not special.

oh sorry there is a difference one big area for group hag and other small area for epeen PvP without risk. of anything

The list is ongoing and it just mentiones the weakness of PvP in DF:UW  i even didnt touched the real gap between a good MMORPG  and  DF:UW.

200k+ people intrested in DF don't play DF because of other reasons and its not the PvP  to give you a idea.

+1

Aragon100

Advanced Member

10/08/13 5:25:19 PM#30

+1

MrBoots

Apprentice Member

10/08/13 6:09:12 PM#31
This is great news for those Really Good Friends. The long nights Dolphin Rider spent working on RGA.exe will finally pay off. Warriors will be destroyed by the core members of RGF with access to the private cheat app. I can just imagine the carnage. I'm glad my subscription ended last month. I heard warriors in dread have less piercing protection than skirms in spiked now. Good bye warriors, you've had a good run.
  Fearum

Apprentice Member

10/08/13 6:24:34 PM#32

Glad to see you're easily impressed with a balance patch before the rest of the game is even released.

Only on this website, about Darkfall, would someone consider an MMO "not released" because it doesn't have all the classes mentioned pre release. I guess WoW doesn't have the rest of the game released?

Really? That is the whole point of the game when your not collecting mats is to work on your other classes. Never said anything about WoW, nice try. The rest of the game is everything else they still have yet to release, before you go into to blind defensive mode you should think before you post.

I'm still waiting for the other prim classes to get released, bored of the warrior with all 3 classes maxxed out. Never really liked the skirm class or the ele. Pain or Blood looks fun but they are taking their sweet ass time getting them in the game. 

At least you're happy about the state of the game so far, keep them alive so in a year or so I can resub when the game is done. 

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/09/13 12:22:02 AM#33

So, you're saying you haven't played the game since beta? It has radically changed since then.

I'm guessing you're on the of the folks who like Darkfall when it was more akin to Quake, with no real consequences for anything, and no actual RPG roles? And now you've turned troll?

There will always be trolls against Darkfall. Initially it was the people chanting it was vaporeware. Then it was the people who got upset they were wrong about the vaporware stuff. Then it was the people who got banned, or nerfed, or didn't like the grind. Now it's the people who don't like how much easier the game has gotten for the general playerbase.

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/09/13 12:26:46 AM#34
Originally posted by Aragon100

If gear is generic and everyone can craft it where is the point of loot ? This is no different from DF1. Which you seemed to love.

If auction house is global and you can retrieve everything in safety where is the point if there is no risk ? This is no different from DF1. Which you seemed to love.

What about the risk of become rogue ?   Of course in a big safezone that is DF:UW everyone can group hag  and no risk involved. There are no big safe zones in DFUW.

Nothing is worthwile to defend . No racial wars, There were no racial wars in DF1. no meaningfull playercities, Wrong, there are many important player cities that control nearby special localized resources and villages. But as someone who didn't play the game beyond early beta, you wouldn't know that.  no affinity to some area being special as any area is not special. Wrong again bud.

oh sorry there is a difference one big area for group hag and other small area for epeen PvP without risk. of anything This sentence doesn't even make sense. 

200k+ people intrested in DF don't play DF because of other reasons and its not the PvP  to give you a idea. DFUW has a much higher population than DF1.

+1

So yeah, everyone who +1s this shows how entirely ignorant they are of reality, and how their posts are entirely hate fueled, and not logic fueled.

Grixxitt

Apprentice Member

10/09/13 12:46:04 PM#35

If gear is generic and everyone can craft it where is the point of loot ? This is no different from DF1. Which you seemed to love.

If auction house is global and you can retrieve everything in safety where is the point if there is no risk ? This is no different from DF1. Which you seemed to love.

What about the risk of become rogue ?   Of course in a big safezone that is DF:UW everyone can group hag  and no risk involved. There are no big safe zones in DFUW.

Nothing is worthwile to defend . No racial wars, There were no racial wars in DF1. no meaningfull playercities, Wrong, there are many important player cities that control nearby special localized resources and villages. But as someone who didn't play the game beyond early beta, you wouldn't know that.  no affinity to some area being special as any area is not special. Wrong again bud.

oh sorry there is a difference one big area for group hag and other small area for epeen PvP without risk. of anything This sentence doesn't even make sense. 

200k+ people intrested in DF don't play DF because of other reasons and its not the PvP  to give you a idea. DFUW has a much higher population than DF1.

+1

So yeah, everyone who +1s this shows how entirely ignorant they are of reality, and how their posts are entirely hate fueled, and not logic fueled.

Saying that DF:UW is just as terrible as DF 1 in certain aspects doesn't really give your argument much credence.

Also,   +π

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/10/13 8:33:57 AM#36
Originally posted by Grixxitt

+1

Saying that DF:UW is just as terrible as DF 1 in certain aspects doesn't really give your argument much credence.

Also,   +π

I'm not arguing that point. I'm arguing against the person who is claiming that UW is a thousand times worse than DF1, while the person posting is claiming that DF1 was awesome.

If I wanted to break those points down and explain why UW has more meaningful PvP than most MMOs on the market, I could.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search