Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,175 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,732
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » So, a light in the grim Greek reality?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
21 posts found
  cyricson

Novice Member

OP  8/10/13 5:25:48 AM#1
SO, is UW a success? If it is, it's a glimmer of hope in the sea of gloom that Greece has turned to in the last 3 years. I am happy to read the forums and see that on average ppl are happy with this game. 
  Aragon100

Elite Member

8/10/13 7:33:31 AM#2
Originally posted by cyricson
SO, is UW a success? If it is, it's a glimmer of hope in the sea of gloom that Greece has turned to in the last 3 years. I am happy to read the forums and see that on average ppl are happy with this game. 

Numbers of subs is at an alltime low so where is the success?

As far as i am concerned it is only fanbois left in the game and they tend to speak with their pink glasses on.

natpick

Advanced Member

8/10/13 7:50:02 AM#3

well im currently subscribing to darkfall uw and certainly would not call myself a fanboi

for me its a  challenge it can be hard at times but fun. it has many problems as do most mmo,you simply cannot get that feeling of roaming around at nite wondering what or who is going to attack you from any other mmo.tbh i think there are alot of players in darkfall like myself who are sick of run of the mill mmo's.for me its the fear factor  not quit sure whats going to happen next,you will not get that in everquestnext for sure.and by the way i roam all over the map which is huge and i see lots of players even late at nite,most players have at least 2 acounts.

zimike

Advanced Member

8/10/13 7:52:26 AM#4
I miss DF1
  korbzy

Novice Member

8/10/13 8:28:03 AM#5
Im no fan boy I just genuinely have a fun time playing. I dont give 2 fucks about AV or politics I just have fun with killing and blowing things up
  User Deleted
8/10/13 10:16:33 AM#6
Originally posted by Aragon100

As far as i am concerned it is only fanbois left in the game and they tend to speak with their pink glasses on.

I don't think you played 1.0 from 2010 onward if you think UW has less subs and is at an alltime low.

Game is doing much better than 1.0 and its population is much more stable.

Even when 1.0 was enjoying its launch population, 90% of the people playing were macroing their skills up while afk.  So not only do you have a decent population in 2.0 but you have them actually playing the game.

Also, AV seems to be turning over a new leaf by actually updating the game often.  Yeah they are a bit behind on that arbitrary timeline they released like 4 months ago, but your getting a patch once or twice a week with some decent stuff thus far.  Certainly an improvement from the 1.0 patch called expansion that happened...once...and small fixes like every 8 month.

Yeah there are fanbois in the game, and new players who enjoy it.  The angry 1.0 vet crowd still hates everything about the game hoping for a return of 1.0 (a game that failed miserably)

Four0Six

Hard Core Member

8/10/13 10:21:24 AM#7

1. There will always be bright points in the sea of darkness.

2. I would be playing DF:UW right now, but my vid card is on it's last leg, and I need a working comp for the near future so I don't stress it.

Aragon100

Elite Member

8/10/13 11:18:34 AM#8
Originally posted by Strangerous
Originally posted by Aragon100

Game is doing much better than 1.0 and its population is much more stable.

Even when 1.0 was enjoying its launch population, 90% of the people playing were macroing their skills up while afk.  So not only do you have a decent population in 2.0 but you have them actually playing the game. 

Yeah it's a stable very low population.

I doubt you played DF1 launch.

DF1 had at least 10 times more subs at launch and was way more active. DF1 had more players involved in sieges and the numbers in these sieges outnumber DFUW. Population wasnt as scared loosing their pixels in DF1, today DF players sit inside their zap tower cities doing nothing or when they actually siege someone they need a 5 to 1 number advantage. Sure players were afk macroing but when they didnt macro they were active playing the game.

Synns77

Novice Member

8/10/13 11:22:54 AM#9
Personally I felt the game was poor, just a rehash of the original and graphically it was a real let down even on full settings.
  DarthRaiden

Apprentice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

8/10/13 6:31:58 PM#10

DF:UW its a step backwards. I can't see how it ever has the potential of those first months of  DF classic.

They had a chance. But AV being AV ruined any hope for the long awaited sandbox MMORPG that could revive those days of glory of this genre.

Like Tasos really admited himself ..he took a bit of big bite or ..more realistically ,..he is just a bigmouth, a used car seller ..promising a sandbox MMORPG with many features and delivering subpar experience.

Its pity AV showed the bad face of greeks to the world greeks can do better but not iof you have such a bug like Tasos in your team.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

gamekid2k

Novice Member

8/10/13 7:49:55 PM#11
If you didn't play DF1 this is a game you must pick up.  Nothing in the market at the moment that can bring this type of experience.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Nephaerius

Advanced Member

8/10/13 7:57:30 PM#12
Originally posted by natpick

well im currently subscribing to darkfall uw and certainly would not call myself a fanboi

for me its a  challenge it can be hard at times but fun. it has many problems as do most mmo,you simply cannot get that feeling of roaming around at nite wondering what or who is going to attack you from any other mmo.tbh i think there are alot of players in darkfall like myself who are sick of run of the mill mmo's.for me its the fear factor  not quit sure whats going to happen next,you will not get that in everquestnext for sure.and by the way i roam all over the map which is huge and i see lots of players even late at nite,most players have at least 2 acounts.

QFT

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

Aragon100

Elite Member

8/11/13 4:31:55 AM#13
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

DF:UW its a step backwards. I can't see how it ever has the potential of those first months of  DF classic.

They had a chance. But AV being AV ruined any hope for the long awaited sandbox MMORPG that could revive those days of glory of this genre.

Like Tasos really admited himself ..he took a bit of big bite or ..more realistically ,..he is just a bigmouth, a used car seller ..promising a sandbox MMORPG with many features and delivering subpar experience.

Its pity AV showed the bad face of greeks to the world greeks can do better but not iof you have such a bug like Tasos in your team.

QFT

sodade21

Apprentice Member

8/11/13 1:27:31 PM#14

aventurine just  took my game DF1 and now i have nothing for the money i did spent. i wasn't aware that the offer to get the Darkfall UW  (for a sub fee) was just limited so now im an ex Customer that paid for an mmo and got thin air.

I bet Many other old Df1 players left outside because of that and they don't willing to pay another 40 euros for the same game.

Thats a real scum,besides all their other empty promises.

Greek Reality is Gray and everyday things in Greece are worse. Dark,Darker Days are just about to come.

sodade21 Xfire Miniprofile
  -Zeno-

Apprentice Member

8/11/13 9:07:01 PM#15

Without real numbers from the developer nobody can make any comment on subs.

I am seeing more and more people every day.  Sieges are getting bigger and bigger.  I am only seeing an increase of population.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

slycritter

Novice Member

8/16/13 1:35:07 PM#16
The game has a much better population than the original DF did.  No comparison here really. 
  ShortyBible

Advanced Member

8/17/13 1:38:09 AM#17
Originally posted by sodade21

aventurine just  took my game DF1 and now i have nothing for the money i did spent. i wasn't aware that the offer to get the Darkfall UW  (for a sub fee) was just limited so now im an ex Customer that paid for an mmo and got thin air.

I bet Many other old Df1 players left outside because of that and they don't willing to pay another 40 euros for the same game.

Thats a real scum,besides all their other empty promises.

Greek Reality is Gray and everyday things in Greece are worse. Dark,Darker Days are just about to come.

I agree. I would have subbed to the game back in Jan or Feb when it released, but they wanted me to pay another $40.00.

I refused to do that again so they have actually lost  8 to 9 months of subscription fees from me.

http://www.entropiapartners.com/?r=22415

DarthRaiden

Apprentice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

8/17/13 3:21:08 AM#18
Originally posted by slycritter
The game has a much better population than the original DF did.  No comparison here really. 

try harder.

DF1 =  150k+ sold copies.

You need to compare with when DF was launched 3 months and not with AV having abandoned original DF and announced that they will wipe it.

After this abysmal current numbers we will able to compare it again soon enough if they start to abandon DF:UW for mobile games.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

huxflux2003

Novice Member

8/17/13 4:27:07 AM#19

I hope not!!!

How do you think AV was able to stay alive for over 7 years, without any products in the market and no visible sponsor behind it? The company was involved in shady business, listed in defense contractor catalogs. Tasos was a candidate with PASOK, one of the 2 ultra corrupted Greek political parties that brought Greece to the current situation. Do you think that this is a coincidence?

Now that public money is over for the "friends of the system", AV only has DF to get money from. And from the looks of it, it is not doing very well. I'll give it one year of life.

AV is not a light in the grim Greek reality, on the contrary, it is one example of the reasons that Greece is where it is today. I hope it dies soon.

Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

8/17/13 9:43:05 AM#20

I can't figure out why so many would hate this game.  This is the true follow up to EQ1 and some of the other old school MMO's.  Freedom and consequences to your actions are something that are not available in any other MMO's outside the ancient old school MMO's.  

The only people that cry about this game are the DF1 vets and people that want to PvP 100% of the time.  I really think almost anyone else, that is burnt out on the no freedom quest hub themeparks, would absolutely love this game.

Siderant:  This game isn't necessarily attracting the crowd that would like it the most IMO.  It appears that AV has changed this game to give more options to people that don't need that PvP high 24/7.  Can you imagine actually playing some PvE or crafting.  75% of the people I run into in this game are so PvP crazed they bitch about not being attacked ever 5 seconds.  That would be a great way to chase off  all but the hardcore PvP crowd.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search