Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,828 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,084,553
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » First PVP was a Sea battle and I was blown away

12 posts found
  Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

OP  8/10/13 12:51:00 AM#1

WOW, just WOW. That was probably the most fun I've had in an MMO since 2002. It blows my mind that I just had a land and sea battle that took 30 minutes. WTF have other MMOs with PVP been doing? I cant even think of another one with quality ship battles. That was insanely fun, and though we lost, no one was upset because it felt like we did something exciting and intense. I dont wanna sound like a fanboy but I literally just went from battle to here and am still in WTF that was cool mode.

I keep thinking, did that really happen, why dont more games have this? I kept hearing it was all about joining a guild and PVPing but I was doing the solo crafter thing until today, big difference. If I can recommend one thing, guild asap. Dive into it and run like it's 2002 again.

It really is a game you have to play. Vids look meh, screens look meh, but when your on a boat trying to ram and board another boat, its something you just have to experience.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

-Zeno-

Apprentice Member

8/10/13 1:25:13 AM#2
I love swimming out to take a scraper, to take another scraper, to take a coastal runner, and then getting my coastal runner blown up and die losing almost nothing...

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Chrisbox

Advanced Member

8/10/13 1:30:15 AM#3

PvP battles are quite awesome in that game, glad your enjoying it.

My biggest problem with it though was- The games a huge team deathmatch.  Everyones a pirate.

It was cool and unique being a pirate in EVE, because you had to live shady in the game and you felt like someone who was wanted.  In this game, everyones the same.  No sand in the box.  

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

CactusJack

Novice Member

Facta, non verba.

8/10/13 2:14:33 AM#4

I was in a few sea battles in DF1 and it was a lot of fun. OP, if you are having a blast, then by all means keep playing and dishing out the pain. I left DF bc I just couldn't stand all the constant goddamn jumping up and down during fights. I liked just about everything else the game had to offer though. 

Question: in DF:UW does it cost stam to jump? 

Playing: Rust and Battlefield 4
Hiatus: EvE
Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
Interested in: The Repopulation

gamekid2k

Novice Member

8/10/13 4:38:19 PM#5
See battles are epic.  I went to few pirate run and came back with 3 ships.  Its the most rewarding feelings.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

8/10/13 8:52:58 PM#6

I think, over time, this game will gain more and more people as they implement more than just pvp focused items.  I love the game and I don't even PvP much.  The crafting is awesome because it is useful and necessary.  The gathering is important including the PvE (although the PvE does need some work regarding loot tables and well everything).  If AV would hire at least one person that wasn't PvP focused at all times, I think this game would take off big time.  

Those of us that praise the game day after day sound like idiots, but this game is almost everything that people complain that they want on these forums.  They are just too afraid of the full loot aspect.  I don't like the full loot aspect as it encourages naked farming/gathering.  This game should be inventory loot and then it would double it's playerbase.  It is all a very delicate balance though.  If I ran into someone everytime I set foot outside the safe zone I probably would not like the game much.  But as it is now, I can wander most of the time without getting ganked...it's thrilling, fun and rewarding.

Edit:  And most of all there is freedom.  I decide what I'm going to do everytime I log on.  No linear dumbass quest path to be forced down.

Tierless

Advanced Member

joie de vivre

OP  8/11/13 8:50:40 AM#7

Originally posted by CactusJack
I was in a few sea battles in DF1 and it was a lot of fun. OP, if you are having a blast, then by all means keep playing and dishing out the pain. I left DF bc I just couldn't stand all the constant goddamn jumping up and down during fights. I liked just about everything else the game had to offer though. 

Question: in DF:UW does it cost stam to jump? 

Jumping does take about 3 points of stam.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Cetra

Hard Core Member

8/11/13 8:54:37 AM#8
Originally posted by Tierless

WOW, just WOW. That was probably the most fun I've had in an MMO since 2002. It blows my mind that I just had a land and sea battle that took 30 minutes. WTF have other MMOs with PVP been doing? I cant even think of another one with quality ship battles. That was insanely fun, and though we lost, no one was upset because it felt like we did something exciting and intense. I dont wanna sound like a fanboy but I literally just went from battle to here and am still in WTF that was cool mode.

I keep thinking, did that really happen, why dont more games have this? I kept hearing it was all about joining a guild and PVPing but I was doing the solo crafter thing until today, big difference. If I can recommend one thing, guild asap. Dive into it and run like it's 2002 again.

It really is a game you have to play. Vids look meh, screens look meh, but when your on a boat trying to ram and board another boat, its something you just have to experience.

Enjoy your massive battleground deathmatch.

Cetra

Hard Core Member

8/11/13 9:00:11 AM#9
Originally posted by Mardukk
Edit:  And most of all there is freedom.  I decide what I'm going to do everytime I log on.  No linear dumbass quest path to be forced down.

Because there is almost zero pve content that you have to actually think what you can do.

Seriously, remove the ffa pvp and DFUW is nothing but a barebones outdated poorly done mmo.

Mr_Wolfx

Apprentice Member

Using words to talk of words is like using a pencil to draw a picture of itself, on itself.

8/25/13 11:10:30 PM#10
Originally posted by Cetra

Because there is almost zero pve content that you have to actually think what you can do.

Seriously, remove the ffa pvp and DFUW is nothing but a barebones outdated poorly done mmo.

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. It's like saying "Take out the PvE in WoW and you just have a huge blank world with crappy battleground PvP."  I mean, honestly, if you take out the main combat aspect in any game it'll become crap. I haven't even touched the game yet, so don't bother calling me a fanboy.

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

DarthRaiden

Novice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

8/26/13 3:57:29 AM#11
Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx
Originally posted by Cetra

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. It's like saying "Take out the PvE in WoW and you just have a huge blank world with crappy battleground PvP."  I mean, honestly, if you take out the main combat aspect in any game it'll become crap. I haven't even touched the game yet, so don't bother calling me a fanboy.

You missed his point. Te point is the game has only one feature and if there is only one feature then it is also ridicolous to talk about "freedom". 

AV bigmouths to have created  a game with  freedom ..lol ... with just one feature... lol..you have the freedom to take part in arena deathmatch PvP..lol

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Mors.Magne

Elite Member

8/28/13 9:57:22 AM#12

For me, this is a very ironic thread:

I used to enjoy DF1 because of the huge amount of sea - I used to travel to isolated islands to do my own thing.

When I started to play DFUW, I looked at the map and realised straight-away that this would never be possible again. The isolated islands and the vast expanse of sea had been removed.

It's amusing and sad that DFUW has much less content than DF1.