Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,044 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,989
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Would you try it if it was free to download with a free month?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
26 posts found
  Tierless

Novice Member

joie de vivre

OP  7/11/13 3:39:15 PM#1

DF is a game that seems to keep many player at bay. They are afraid to drop $40 on it for various reasons. My question to you fence sitting folk, would you give DF a try if it was free to download and came with 1 free month?

Would you try it if it was free to download with a free month?

Yes
No
I play it but think this is a good idea
I play it and think this is a bad idea
(login to vote)

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Sovrath

Elite Member

7/11/13 3:47:10 PM#2

possibly.

still trying to decide if I should try it. I liked what I saw from the first darkfall but felt the combat was a bit odd. Could have been lag, not sure.

still on the fence.

Tierless

Novice Member

joie de vivre

OP  7/11/13 3:53:36 PM#3

Originally posted by Sovrath
possibly.

still trying to decide if I should try it. I liked what I saw from the first darkfall but felt the combat was a bit odd. Could have been lag, not sure.

still on the fence.

I loved DF1 but feel like because they took my moneys then killed it I can't pay for it again simply out of morality.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

BrucyBonus

Spotlight Poster

7/11/13 4:28:30 PM#4
No.  This game does not appeal to me in the slightest.  
  User Deleted
7/11/13 4:32:11 PM#5

I would give it a try if they had some sort of free/trial demo, yes.

The two main reasons I haven't bought DF:UW yet is the lack of ability to try it first and the disturbing number of complaints I've heard about hackers/cheaters/exploiters. At least with a trial I may be able to see how prevelant they are.

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

7/11/13 4:39:02 PM#6
I'd play it if they offered something like that. I just cannot stand rampant cheating. Especially when directed at fellow gamers for no apparent reason.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Tierless

Novice Member

joie de vivre

OP  7/11/13 4:50:52 PM#7

I really think if they let players in for free they would retain well. The game plays extremely fun, it's getting players to make the dive that is hard.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

ElderRat

Novice Member

7/11/13 4:53:44 PM#8

I would try a free trial - doesn't have to be a month - a week or 2 should be enough, especially if they allowed a sub from the trial without buying the box.

Currently bored with MMO's.

User Deleted
7/11/13 4:58:00 PM#9
I do not make a habit of playing trials anymore. Either it has a generous but still limited F2P option to get people hooked and want them to sub to continue their progression or it stays as is. A free to download with a free month is, in my opinion, a trap because you cannot judge a sandbox/sandbox-like game to its full potential in just a month even going full speed with 12 hours a day, it takes time to make an informed choice and time to build up your cadre of friends which is crucial in a game like this, one month isn't enough to do that ergo it would burn out too many potential customers.
  Gardavsshade

Advanced Member

7/11/13 5:30:47 PM#10
Originally posted by Tierless

DF is a game that seems to keep many player at bay. They are afraid to drop $40 on it for various reasons. My question to you fence sitting folk, would you give DF a try if it was free to download and came with 1 free month?

No, money isn't the reason why I won't try it.

I won't try it because DF is full of wannabe homicidal maniacs and I stopped enjoying being a target a long time ago.

Truth is most People won't try out a MMORPG like Dark Fall because it IS PVP. They are not interested in it no matter what.

Nothing to see here... just another MMO Ghost....

User Deleted
7/11/13 8:32:11 PM#11

Yeah theres a lot of people with zero interest in a pvp game let alone a pvp game with actual pixle loss...I dunno its scary.  And yeah were all homicidal maniacs, which is what people who avoid pvp at all costs fantasize about people who play full loot pvp games.  Hate for the stereotype to turn out not accurate.

Yeah all this type of thing would do is spawn a LOT of people who now hate the game.  Its better people who are actually interested in this type of game pick it up, than tyring to lure in themepark pve players by giving it away for free.

IMO there is good reason just about every new player who tries the game loves it....because only people who are seriously interested are picking it up...yeah it means less people playing though.

Tierless

Novice Member

joie de vivre

OP  7/11/13 11:05:21 PM#12

The thing people are reluctant to admit, is that liking PVP makes your a normal human, avoiding it makes you abnormal. Look at our history over the last, oh, I dunno, since we crawled outta the ooze, if you don't believe me.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

page975

Apprentice Member

7/12/13 5:35:40 AM#13

Absolutely not !!

This mmo is designed :

- To develop you character for several weeks before being ready to see what the game really has to offer.

- The clan you decide to join will determine your game experience.  Don't like one, join another.

- You must work togeather ( it's a real mmo ).

- As with any mmo, it will attract the freebies.  And we would have a plague on our hands.

This mmo is unique and in a way that a two week trial will not define the game play.  Only a Trial Island like Vanguard had would work.  But again, that only attracts the freebies.

I know for a fact that freebie people made a living using the trial island in Vanguard !!!! 

craftseeker

Advanced Member

7/12/13 5:38:19 AM#14
I would not play this game if they gave me a top of the line gaming computer, free internet for a year and paid me $25 a month to do so.
  DaezAster

Novice Member

7/12/13 6:01:49 AM#15
I watched  a lot of footage of this game due to peeked interest but it all looks real bad, especially the finishing move animation. Can't say I would play it even for free. Ugly art and animations would surely kill my vibe as shallow as that might sound but I'm glad others are enjoying it.
  ste2000

Apprentice Member

7/12/13 6:07:41 AM#16

Played DF1 for 2 years, and just canceled my subscription to DFUW.

The game still lacks lots of content and its PvP system needs factions and a decent flagging system.

The problem with DFUW is not if people would try it for free, but if people would stick with it at its current state, and the answer is no.

DFUW is still pretty much a niche game for few.

Aventurine needs to play EVE for few months to understand how a Full Loot PvP game is made.

marion242

Advanced Member

7/12/13 6:10:58 AM#17
Have been thinking about picking this up but doesn't really seem worth the cost to try. Would not even need it to be free for me  to buy it just hoping it goes on a steam sale. 33% or 50% off and I am in. As some posts have said free would actually be a bad idea for this game the way it seems to be set up.
  Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

7/12/13 6:14:39 AM#18
Yes, doubt my like of it but I have a policy of trying games ideally if I can, specially if there isn't an excuse like a price tag barrier to it. Sometimes it ends up as a surprise win (Eden Eternal being quite more fun then I expected, even if it was just a time waster for a month) while other times a loss (Guildwars 2 being a massive disappointment, one that I actually had spent money on, but hey, gotta give game a chance right?). If I get a chance to try it, theres no reason NOT to, even if its something that doesn't look to have great odds in convincing me to play.
  Tierless

Novice Member

joie de vivre

OP  7/12/13 8:44:50 AM#19

Originally posted by ste2000

Originally posted by Tierless DF is a game that seems to keep many player at bay. They are afraid to drop $40 on it for various reasons. My question to you fence sitting folk, would you give DF a try if it was free to download and came with 1 free month?

The game still lacks lots of content and its PvP system needs factions and a decent flagging system.

The problem with DFUW is not if people would try it for free, but if people would stick with it at its current state, and the answer is no.

Aventurine needs to play EVE for few months to understand how a Full Loot PvP game is made.

Dang, this may have been the nail in the coffin for me.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

Niburu

Apprentice Member

7/12/13 9:45:53 AM#20

Originally posted by ste2000

Originally posted by Tierless DF is a game that seems to keep many player at bay. They are afraid to drop $40 on it for various reasons. My question to you fence sitting folk, would you give DF a try if it was free to download and came with 1 free month?

Dang, this may have been the nail in the coffin for me.

there are also lots of haters out there. recent patch just added danger zones and markets which improves the gameplay alot. classes are a personal taste since i like them more than the old WoF+ray spam system

2 Pages 1 2 » Search