Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,738,234 Users Online:0
Games:715  Posts:6,176,983
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Unsuspected Jesus patch hits DFUW

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  DarthRaiden

Apprentice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

7/10/13 10:54:11 AM#21

AV didnt listened again and introduces WoW Global AH.

No thanks.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

7/10/13 11:09:46 AM#22
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

No thanks.

We've known exactly how the market would work for going on 2 years now. Of course its  global, the whole game is global. But there's a fee if the item is far away.

Mtibbs1989

Hard Core Member

7/10/13 11:13:05 AM#23
Well it's nice to see they're adding significant patches to the game :)

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

7/10/13 11:19:05 AM#24
Originally posted by Consensus
Originally posted by Badaboom
Slowly but surely AV is making a great MMO.

and yet even after many more great patches, other players are the real content. basically I won't want to play again until tons more people are playing.

very glad I played the shit out of release. not sure they will ever get the same critical mass of people that makes the game fun. they don't advertise and the game looks very shallow & generic at first glance, even though the overall gameplay is entirely unique.

a smexy big boobed elf advert sells an mmo more than offering some actually different gameplay.

And more people will not play again until there is something other to do then killing and random ganking.  Not that will drive new subscribers past a few thousand additional folks but better then nothing.  Now if the game had optional PvE servers my bet the game would quadruple in size.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Ghavrigg

Hard Core Member

7/10/13 11:20:25 AM#25
I will never pay a dime for this game without trying it first, after my disappointment with the original. It looks decent, but I just can't do it. Glad all you current players are enjoying how the game is progressing, however.
  Mardukk

Spotlight Poster

7/10/13 11:31:25 AM#26
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Consensus
Originally posted by Badaboom
Slowly but surely AV is making a great MMO.

and yet even after many more great patches, other players are the real content. basically I won't want to play again until tons more people are playing.

very glad I played the shit out of release. not sure they will ever get the same critical mass of people that makes the game fun. they don't advertise and the game looks very shallow & generic at first glance, even though the overall gameplay is entirely unique.

a smexy big boobed elf advert sells an mmo more than offering some actually different gameplay.

And more people will not play again until there is something other to do then killing and random ganking.  Not that will drive new subscribers past a few thousand additional folks but better then nothing.  Now if the game had optional PvE servers my bet the game would quadruple in size.

You may be suprised but I think the game can be fairly enjoyable for a PvE focused person that likes crafting and gathering. Some materials will require you to leave the safe zone, but I'm having a lot of fun sneaking out and gathering.  I would be toast, with my current low prowess, if someone found me but the world is pretty big and it seems worth the excitement/risk if you gather with not much on you.

Sidenote:  Having set mob spawn points that aren't very abundant is pretty stupid imo.  I have no idea why they skimp on the PvE mobs...big possible con for the PvE focused person.

Lustmord

Elite Member

7/10/13 2:36:50 PM#27
Originally posted by Mardukk

Sidenote:  Having set mob spawn points that aren't very abundant is pretty stupid imo.  I have no idea why they skimp on the PvE mobs...big possible con for the PvE focused person.

I really like their mob placement, and how they leave a lot of open space. It makes the world seem more real, and gives open space for pvp, treasure hunting, gathering, etc.

I'll never forget EQ2, and seeing a sea of bears, lions, and snakes all roaming around and mingling amongst each other. It looked so stupid and unnatural.

Hairysun

Novice Member

Boo ....

7/10/13 7:42:36 PM#28

No thanks.

/shakes head

~Hairysun

http://www.straightdope.com/

DarthRaiden

Apprentice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

7/11/13 5:21:59 AM#29
Originally posted by DavisFlight

No thanks.

We've known exactly how the market would work for going on 2 years now. Of course its  global, the whole game is global. But there's a fee if the item is far away.

And in every poll and in vast number of suggestions the playerbase suggested player vendors in playercitys as local markets.

About 2 years is wrong cause AV promised "vendor space in citys"(capitals and playercitys) "which, you have to fight for" . Markets have been announcent as local and as playerdriven rental space even with antagonism over the trading right.

THATS what we know 2010 ..this global shit is announnced in the last year of original DF and started with them reveal all of the lies they told to the playerbase for years taking the money but secretly developing WoW features.

Av ended up lying to the playerbase like always  and  with the most shallow and blunt implenetation of feature AGAIN which has no future.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

User Deleted
7/11/13 9:26:14 AM#30

No thanks.

And in every poll and in vast number of suggestions the playerbase suggested player vendors in playercitys as local markets.

About 2 years is wrong cause AV promised "vendor space in citys"(capitals and playercitys) "which, you have to fight for" . Markets have been announcent as local and as playerdriven rental space even with antagonism over the trading right.

THATS what we know 2010 ..this global shit is announnced in the last year of original DF and started with them reveal all of the lies they told to the playerbase for years taking the money but secretly developing WoW features.

Av ended up lying to the playerbase like always  and  with the most shallow and blunt implenetation of feature AGAIN which has no future.

Forum polls only reflect a majority of ex-DF players who lurk the forums and a few forumfall warriors.

If they listend to the forumfall active members the game would be a progression free deathmatch.

I was actually wondering how you were going to spin negatively a patch that is universally deemed as a fantastic patch.

oh and DF2010 died when they realized that having a game with more than 500 actives would be a better route, and remade the game.

DarthRaiden

Apprentice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

7/12/13 4:17:58 AM#31
Originally posted by Strangerous

No thanks.

Forum polls only reflect a majority of ex-DF players who lurk the forums and a few forumfall warriors.

If they listend to the forumfall active members the game would be a progression free deathmatch.

I was actually wondering how you were going to spin negatively a patch that is universally deemed as a fantastic patch.

oh and DF2010 died when they realized that having a game with more than 500 actives would be a better route, and remade the game.

Ok DF2010 was a lie, i give you that. They kept lying about it for years.

Df2010 would have been the changes the community waited for.

DF:UW will die given the depressing sub numbers, but if they did implement DF2010 like promised Darkfall would have had a chance since there has been a potential 150k of players who bought the original DF client and waited for DF2010 to be implemented like described in the updates.

About the "universally" part i had to lol. I have to assume you new to Darkfall and dont know jack about the DF's community and playerbase.  Its NOW a arena progression free deathmatch. The majority of DF's origininal Community  did expect DF to be a sandbox, with hireble vendors and local markets IN the playercitys !

Payerbase erodes over time and thats because of AV, no worry you will be an ex player and ex supporter like me soon enough ;)

just wait for the next wipe / DF3.0 or whatever lie.

And about the number "500" you given. What would you do if company state "there will be no wipe, read it again there will be NO WIPE" anmd few months later "we can't tell you for sure". Everybody sane will be feel pranked and unsub knowing that his progress will be erased.

Didnt Beta gave you a hint. The amount of people who checked back if the game finally will be like promised and how it ended up deserted at launch ?

DF has the worst implementation of features only one thing keeps it alive atm, being in the very limited option of FFA full loot on the market, with the new games on the horizon DF' very blunt, shallow and WoW-like implementation of features will show and it will die.

Lahuzer

Hard Core Member

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me...

7/12/13 7:48:22 AM#32
I thought the patch looked decent as well, but knowing they went for a global AH turns me even further away from testing it again. EQN can't come soon enough.
  Cetra

Advanced Member

7/12/13 7:52:58 AM#33
I dont care what miracle patch is coming for DFUW. All i know is Aventurine is a shitty company and developer and nothing good will ever come out in the end.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search