Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,673 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,308
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Put this on the Playstation 4

16 posts found
  Bidwood

Apprentice Member

OP  6/15/13 2:17:01 PM#1

I think DFUO would see a huge influx of players if it was on PS4 - a lot of first-person shooter fans who love fast-paced action and are into PVP. Many haven't been brainwashed by the PVE paradigm in mainstream MMOs yet.

Sony is making it easier for indies to self-publish their content, set their own pricing etc.

Seriously. PS4 is getting tonnes of MMOs:

- War Thunder.

- Planetside 2.

- Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn.

- DC Universe Online.

- Elder Scrolls Online.

- The Division.

khameleon

Novice Member

6/15/13 2:26:39 PM#2

Uh no.....

Darkfall is not worthy of being on console, its a mess of a game and it would not attract console gamers at all.

BrownAle

Apprentice Member

6/15/13 2:28:32 PM#3

First of all im not one of those overly emotional kids who flip out when they hear a PC game is going over to consoles..like its some game breaking decision...

And I would be 100% for DFUW on other platforms...however im nearly 100% certain that AV lacks the manpower to pull it off.

Also console players are far more unforgiving with games and bugs/incomplete games...and I doubt any ps4 gamer would pat $15 a month for any game.

This would be a possibility if DFUW gets a few million more players and is able to expand their company though...and that's not going to happen

Would be nice though

And its cool that they are not taking microsofts stance on "xbox and pc gamers shall never play together" regarding the PS4 and PC

DarthRaiden

Apprentice Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

6/15/13 2:31:01 PM#4

"Dear Lord, have some dignity and show merci on this one.It started as a successor to UO, the father and mother of all MMORPGs,  and ended  as a cheap console version for the braindead cells. Deprived all of his great possibilities it ended poor on gameplay loosing all his beloved relatives and in the end alone in the hands of an audience with a attention timespan of a blowie."

The games listed deserves the console btw.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Mari2k

Apprentice Member

6/15/13 2:31:23 PM#5

sorry but no, we dont want trash for the PS4....

PsyMike3d

Advanced Member

Sorry for my English xD

6/15/13 2:32:32 PM#6
Originally posted by khameleon

Uh no.....

Darkfall is not worthy of being on console, its a mess of a game and it would not attract console gamers at all.

agree

sabotage23

Apprentice Member

6/15/13 2:34:47 PM#7

Dont even bother, this game is crap. poorly optmized graphics are crap i wasted $35 bucks on this junk.

instead of pushing out a shitty console port why dont they fix the PC one first

gekido

Novice Member

6/15/13 2:40:37 PM#8
Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Uh no.....

agree

disagree

What would you two consider a good fps mmorpg?

PsyMike3d

Advanced Member

Sorry for my English xD

6/15/13 2:56:22 PM#9
Originally posted by gekido

Uh no.....

agree

disagree

A Darkfall, not made by AV :)

(i hope they will make one, some day)

sylentnyte

Advanced Member

6/15/13 2:58:53 PM#10

Uh no.....

agree

disagree

Goood answer! :)

gamekid2k

Novice Member

6/15/13 8:48:59 PM#11
Originally posted by sylentnyte

Sadly Blizzard, Sony, NCSoft, EA don't give a shit about you and me.  By you and me, I mean people who love Full Loot, non instanced, open world, sand box type pvp game :-(  

I am at least appreciative  that AV took a gamble.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Kilrain

Apprentice Member

6/15/13 8:54:21 PM#12
Originally posted by gamekid2k

The first time. This Second gamble was a bit much.

professional web programming and design.

BrownAle

Apprentice Member

6/15/13 11:27:31 PM#13
Originally posted by Kilrain

Well they could have just pulled the plug. Then you would be stuck with either MO or Xyson. 

Second reincarnation was a gamble.  Yeah a lot of vets hate the new game, which is an astronomically small number compared to the people playing...but over all I think the new game is in a much better position to improve.

Hopefully Embers of Caerus and Pathfinder prove to be AAA indy games...which would probably put a game like DF out of business, or at least put it in with MO and Xyson as games barely surviving....im not sure AV will ever pull the plug on the game tbh.

Sadly this type of game has always been made by low budget indy developers big on promises and short on staff.  DF is by far the best version of this type of game, and that is why it enjoys a population...even if that population size is low for a AAA themepark.

I think those who like this game should be glad the company took the time to double down on a niche game...a lot of better companies would have abandoned or SWG CU'ed it long ago in search of higher profits...

Its really dumb by gaming standards how larger studios ignore this type of game, however smart business wise it may be.  More people like a game that's more like watching a movie than a game that's lets you build your own motives and experiences.  Even with all the cries for different...their wallets keep saying "more of the same please"

Anyway just think how the unappreciated when it was alive DF1 was...and now how some perhaps wish they never begged and harassed AV to get their upgrade to the game done faster....As such I appreciate the game and company for all its faults (which are many)

*shrugs* perhaps they get lucky and DFUW gets huge in korea and they can evolve to a better staffed and more skilled company. 100% sure that wont happened with EU, whos server is almost as low pop as 1.0 was...NA im sure will hover around the pop it currently has and not make any more pop surges (aside from a surprise "jesus" content patch I guess)  it is what it is and theres nothing to compete with it so im here for now lol

Znarf

Novice Member

6/17/13 10:04:52 AM#14
Originally posted by BrownAle

Well they could have just pulled the plug. Then you would be stuck with either MO or Xyson. 

I scared the cat laughing loud thinking of MO and Xsyon!:)

PLEASE...PLEASE whiners, before calling any game bad or fail, take a look at one of those!:)

-Zeno-

Advanced Member

6/21/13 3:12:40 AM#15
Originally posted by Znarf
Originally posted by BrownAle

I scared the cat laughing loud thinking of MO and Xsyon!:)

PLEASE...PLEASE whiners, before calling any game bad or fail, take a look at one of those!:)

QFT

I am glad DFUW exists in this currently stale MMO market.  Maybe after the Asian launch they will try to get the game on the PS4.  Let's hope it isn't a failure like Shadowbane was over there.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Holophonist

Elite Member

6/25/13 12:37:56 PM#16
Originally posted by sylentnyte

Uh no.....

agree

disagree

Bad answer. That game doesn't exist, and probably for a reason. I love how people just blisfully ignore the fact that no full loot open world conquest sandbox game has ever been done well. Yet you all shit on the only one that has even come close. Why? Because it's so close to perfect and instead of dealing with the imperfections and enjoying the game, you jump on the bandwagon and diss it. Because most of you are either sensationalists who read what other people say and just parrot it, or you're entitled df1 vets who think you're owed something because they shut down their own game in order to try and save it.