Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,628 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,089
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Monsters drop loot, or is the best gear crafted?

7 posts found
  Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

OP  5/07/13 12:14:58 AM#1

Cause I'd really like if all Gear had to be crafted, and NPC's didn't drop any gear.

I'd make the full loot thing more meaningful, too.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Chrisbox

Advanced Member

5/07/13 12:17:54 AM#2
Monsters drop noob loot. Any real loot of any value is crafted.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

OP  5/07/13 12:18:56 AM#3

Ok, but the monsters that drop noob loot, are they at least humanoid? Wear the gear?

There's no giant spiders dropping platemail or Wolves dropping Greatswords, is there?

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Chrisbox

Advanced Member

5/07/13 12:20:21 AM#4
Originally posted by Mkilbride

Ok, but the monsters that drop noob loot, are they at least humanoid? Wear the gear?

There's no giant spiders dropping platemail or Wolves dropping Greatswords, is there?

Everything is appropriate, a skeleton with an axe will have a chance to drop an axe etc you wont get a sword from a spider.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

ellobo29

Advanced Member

5/07/13 4:40:19 AM#5
in DF1 there were a rare few mobs that dropped r80's.... that might sound awesome but they were "meh". a poor mans semi effective pvp gear. the best of the best stuff was always crafted.

http://medias.luna-atra.fr/gw2/char_tool/CT_imageGenerator.php?pseudo=Centurion%20Mikal&lang=EN&code=&code=TSwtLDUsLSw2LC0sMjksOSwyMiwyMywyNCwtLDEwMiwzNiw4MSw4NCw4OQ%3D%3D

raapnaap

Advanced Member

5/08/13 5:01:48 AM#6

Everything besides the lowest tier of items (rank 0) is only obtained through crafting, or trade.

There is one exception, and possibly this is an oversight, but certain mobs do drop potions, even mastery-level potions. This is currently making Alchemy rather pointless.

StarI

Apprentice Member

5/08/13 6:42:50 AM#7

Crafters' paradise.

Since mobs don't drop gear (past basic rank 0 gear) and gear breaks up (breaks super fast in PvE), everyone is dependant from crafters and it's not easy to become a good high level (mastery) crafter right now.

For me this is what adds a real depth to crafting, I don't care about farming for a certain recipe or having items consists of 18 different parts just so you could than claim depth in crafting. That's shallow.

Item decay and no mob dropped gear, THAT alone makes up for real crafting. With the soon to be added auction house system many crafters/traders will become even happier I believe.