Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,598 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,144
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » (PvP Vid) Large scale Ambush on Our city!!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
54 posts found
  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1161

 
OP  5/06/13 7:21:52 PM#1

So we're prepping to go fight the demigod firedragon for a clan event, and out of no where 30+ enemies charge in from the riverside passage.  They caught us quite off guard, but needless to say our superior coordination turned what seemed to be a doomed cause into a huge success.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5iPW7r0TdEA#!

The POV is of a warrior in my squad firegod, credit for vid goes to him as well.  You can catch me (Chris Chin) at a couple points in the vid too.   Hope yall enjoy!!!!

 

Edit: just put a bunch of responses to peoples comments, sorry i fell asleep last night :)

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

  Lustmord

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/05
Posts: 954

5/06/13 8:52:20 PM#2
I was part of the assaulting party. It was fun.
Don't brag too much about superior coordination when you guys were sitting on your bind stone.

Good fun though.
  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1161

 
OP  5/06/13 10:09:15 PM#3
Originally posted by Lustmord
I was part of the assaulting party. It was fun.
Don't brag too much about superior coordination when you guys were sitting on your bind stone.

Good fun though.

Just to clarify we were way north of the bindstone when you all attacked, tallying up numbers from our parties. Its still crystal clear. You had the perfect suprise.  It wasnt caught at the vid, but the first initial thing that was yelled by our leader was to get on the bindstone asap and let you guys funnel, the warrior who filmed started fraps shortly after we were nearing the bindstone, obviously can't be prepared to fraps these kind of things. The strat worked and eventually gave us your backs. 

Make sure to thank the spy for me, got some nice new shinies that night. Fun indeed :) .

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

  Raventree

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/12/10
Posts: 447

It is a double pleasure to gank the ganker.
-Raven Treeavelli

5/06/13 10:21:40 PM#4
That was pretty epic.  What were they raiding and why?

Currently playing:
Rift
Played:
SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
World of Warcraft, AoC

  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1161

 
OP  5/06/13 10:49:59 PM#5
Originally posted by Raventree
That was pretty epic.  What were they raiding and why?

They were raiding our city. We are at bad standings with them, they wanted an easy opportunity to weaken us, and gain some valuables from it. Atleast thats why anyone would raid a city this early.  

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

  Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 9/01/07
Posts: 569

5/06/13 11:10:48 PM#6

Cordinzation.

What's that?

 

Video is ruined by 4 things:

 

We don't see the setup. So it seems like we're dropped into Arena PVP suddenly.

 

The video is choppy, really low frame rates.

The video freezes quite often.

For some reason the idjit decided to put music to it. For the life of me, I do not get people who do this, ruin their own videos. Oh well.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1161

 
OP  5/06/13 11:16:35 PM#7
Originally posted by Mkilbride

Cordinzation.

What's that?

 

Video is ruined by 4 things:

 

We don't see the setup. So it seems like we're dropped into Arena PVP suddenly.

 

The video is choppy, really low frame rates.

The video freezes quite often.

For some reason the idjit decided to put music to it. For the life of me, I do not get people who do this, ruin their own videos. Oh well.

I do agree, the music choice was lackluster, but it was not mine. As for the frame rate, you can see that frapsing all of this brought his fps down to about 30-40 in game. It freezes twice from my count for no longer than 3 seconds, again that would be the recorders frame rate spiking. 

As for the sudden. I tried to explain what happened prior. If you didnt read my passage please do, as it'll give better understanding. We had barely any time to react to the attack itself im rather suprised someone pulled out a recording software ontop of it.

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

  Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 9/01/07
Posts: 569

5/06/13 11:19:52 PM#8

Oh no, I read your post.

 

The video just seems completely random without having actually seen that in-game.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1161

 
OP  5/06/13 11:26:18 PM#9
Originally posted by Mkilbride

Oh no, I read your post.

 

The video just seems completely random without having actually seen that in-game.

Agreed, i tried to paint a picture with words lol.  When we are doing the attacking or atleast have some prep time im sure this wont be the case with future vids.

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

  InsaneDalek

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/01/13
Posts: 123

EXTERMINATE!

5/06/13 11:31:37 PM#10
Game looks interesting. I don't normally go for full loot open PvP games, but there have been exceptions (Shadowbane, a few UO 'independents'). Hopefully they'll eventually figure out a way to allow people to demo it without opening the floodgates to the typical abuses (read: gold famers / spammers) that come with such a system. Maybe buddy keys? Certainly couldn't hurt.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

  Chrisbox

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1161

 
OP  5/06/13 11:34:47 PM#11
Originally posted by InsaneDalek
Game looks interesting. I don't normally go for full loot open PvP games, but there have been exceptions (Shadowbane, a few UO 'independents'). Hopefully they'll eventually figure out a way to allow people to demo it without opening the floodgates to the typical abuses (read: gold famers / spammers) that come with such a system. Maybe buddy keys? Certainly couldn't hurt.

I can see 3-7 day trial keys working in this game.

Played-Everything
Playing-WoW
Want:Destiny, WoD

  Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 9/01/07
Posts: 569

5/06/13 11:50:53 PM#12

Well honestly if they want any player base at all, they need a trial in some form.

 

AND NOT CHARGE. I read that the Darkfall 1 trial you had to PAY for...I can't believe that, even though it's 1$, you had to PAY for a trial! It's outrageous.  AV seem to be against being liked as developers and cash out as soon as possible.

 

The game itself may be fine, but the bad PR surrounding it ls like a laser fence keeping people away. It doesn't help when half the player base tells you to "Buy it now, if you buy it later, there won't be anyone left to play with" MMO's are supposed to be long term investments, not 2-3 months.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

  Herbertwest

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/07/13
Posts: 3

5/07/13 1:38:40 AM#13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xcC82itcj4&feature=youtu.be

Hi, here is our side of the raid.  Just taking some new members out for some fun most of us had chain/banded just looking for a fight.  Video starts when we first run in.  Two clans in the same chat server so its kind of hectic.  Good fight guys.

 

 

  Badaboom

Elite Member

Joined: 10/04/10
Posts: 2277

5/07/13 9:27:02 AM#14
When was this fight?  I always miss the fun.
  Zadawn

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/04/10
Posts: 646

5/07/13 9:44:35 AM#15
Originally posted by Badaboom
When was this fight?  I always miss the fun.

You played wow when this happened.

  Lustmord

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/05
Posts: 954

5/07/13 9:47:01 AM#16
Originally posted by Badaboom
When was this fight?  I always miss the fun.

It was sunday night, completely random.

We just happened to steal a boat from a random guy and decided to go look for trouble.

We rolled up on Incognito expecting to find a few guys, and we were gonna zerg them with 30 for the lulz.

We didn't expect to face a small army. lol

  Badaboom

Elite Member

Joined: 10/04/10
Posts: 2277

5/07/13 10:06:14 AM#17
Originally posted by Lustmord
Originally posted by Badaboom
When was this fight?  I always miss the fun.

It was sunday night, completely random.

We just happened to steal a boat from a random guy and decided to go look for trouble.

We rolled up on Incognito expecting to find a few guys, and we were gonna zerg them with 30 for the lulz.

We didn't expect to face a small army. lol

What clan are you in? Yeah, Sunday is a bad play day for me.

  Lustmord

Elite Member

Joined: 12/21/05
Posts: 954

5/07/13 10:08:26 AM#18
Originally posted by Badaboom
Originally posted by Lustmord
Originally posted by Badaboom
When was this fight?  I always miss the fun.

It was sunday night, completely random.

We just happened to steal a boat from a random guy and decided to go look for trouble.

We rolled up on Incognito expecting to find a few guys, and we were gonna zerg them with 30 for the lulz.

We didn't expect to face a small army. lol

What clan are you in? Yeah, Sunday is a bad play day for me.

I'm in ST.

They're good people.

  Zinzan

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/03/06
Posts: 1348

5/07/13 10:29:50 AM#19

That's a really good and honest video, highlights the games strengths and weaknesses very clearly.

Now if only players would be willing to admit the serious problems DFUW has and the trolls acknowledge what the game does well prospective players might have access to the reality of this game rather than the fantasy you read on the forums to help them decide if its worthwhile them checking it out.

 

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

  fanglo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/26/04
Posts: 279

5/07/13 10:55:29 AM#20
Originally posted by Zinzan

That's a really good and honest video, highlights the games strengths and weaknesses very clearly.

Now if only players would be willing to admit the serious problems DFUW has and the trolls acknowledge what the game does well prospective players might have access to the reality of this game rather than the fantasy you read on the forums to help them decide if its worthwhile them checking it out.

 

Yep, I agree. I'm still on the fence if I'm gonna play this game or not. I wish somoene would make a vid about crafting cause that's what I'm into.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search