Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,784,924 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,631
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Are there any RP guilds?

4 posts found
  white_wolf22

Novice Member

OP  5/05/13 1:40:59 PM#1
I asked this question a few months back (November I think), but I thought it might be a good idea to ask again since the game has been out for a few weeks. Are there any RP guilds?  I like  PVP and the open world design of this game seems really interesting, SWG was my 1st MMO, but I really like to RP as well.  Darkfall seems like it would be an interesting setting for some hardcore RP-PVP, so I was just wondering if there was a decent-sized RP community in the game.  
  KingMike5939

Novice Member

5/05/13 9:23:15 PM#2
I've only been playing for a few days (so I'm not 100% sure myself), but as far as google can tell me, I've found no evidence of an RP community of any kind. I'm in the same boat as you. I'd like to join an RP guild of some kind in DF:UW, but as of right now I can't find any. If you'd like to get intouch in-game, I can give you a heads up if I ever find other RPers (send me a PM if you do). Or maybe we'll just need to start the RP community up ourselves. Discreetly, of course. I've no doubt certain DF:UW players would just love to troll and hunt down RPers.
  Kshahdoo

Novice Member

5/06/13 5:13:39 AM#3

Well, if you guys are playing on the same server you can always start a RP clan. The problem is it's hard to roleplay in the game where most people play one or another role. And I don't mean gameplay mechanics (there are class-like roles in the game). Some people are evil thugs, some are honorable knights, some are greedy merchants etc.

Nevulus

Apprentice Member

5/06/13 12:15:09 PM#4

Been lookin for an RP clan as well. Ive found a great group of people though.

I figure a clan like Duchy of Wessex would be in DF, but alas they aren't as far as I can tell. Also Yew Militia was a great RP clan in DF1, i cant seem to find them in DF2 though, last I heard they all jumped into UO again.

Both of those clans are high quality RP clans. Darkfall has one of the best mmo worlds to RP in, and I'm not just talking about going around speaking in old english, but  rather just creating a sense of community amongst characters, set up land, defend it, etc etc....

Unfortunately DF has one of the worse communities, which is a shame, because when it comes down to classic MMO gameplay, this is all we have available.

PM me if any of you guys ever want to group up or start your own RP clan. Chances are there probably are a few RP clans, but they are very quiet about it in order not to become targets for the zerg griefers.