Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,838,610 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,220,991
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » this game got a 9 for graphics?!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Uzik

Hard Core Member

4/22/13 4:24:52 PM#21

Graphics aren't just about polygon counts, textures and shaders.  It is that frame of mind that has created so many "polished" games that are not unique in any way.

Darkfall feels like a REAL game world.  Every other MMO feels too cartoony and mass-produced for me.  DFUW feels gritty and hand crafted.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Zinzan

Advanced Member

4/23/13 7:02:42 AM#22
Originally posted by Uzik

Graphics aren't just about polygon counts, textures and shaders.  It is that frame of mind that has created so many "polished" games that are not unique in any way.

Darkfall feels like a REAL game world.  Every other MMO feels too cartoony and mass-produced for me.  DFUW feels gritty and hand crafted.

It's rough round the edges, but that's really as much to do with shoddy graphics as it is design. Still, I'm sure your not alone in enjoying this style.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

DMKano

Elite Member

4/23/13 7:08:47 AM#23

A 9 for graphics in 2013 is going to mean different things to different people. IMO graphics in DFUW are around 6, but thats just my opinion.

Also I am talking graphics only, I am not talking about gameplay.

Snigerknud

Apprentice Member

4/23/13 7:10:14 AM#24
Originally posted by EL_Sirios

animations are horible! models move like robots, and the way they react to pushbacks/knockbacks and whatelse is like they're solid statues.

+1

On the vids on youtube the game look like a game from 2009 or older

BigHatLogan

Spotlight Poster

4/23/13 12:21:47 PM#25
The water textures look pretty great in my opinion.  Graphics aren't terrible, not photo realistic either.  A lot of this comes down to art direction style and I think a lot of people subconsciously grade down graphics due to seeing them in the context of poor animations.  I'd probably give graphics a 7.5 or bump it to an 8 for water textures.  I can't think of any part of the graphics that looks especially bad. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!

I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

asdar

Novice Member

4/23/13 6:50:43 PM#26

The graphics in DFUW are similar to DF in that they both have great stationary graphics. I think so anyway, some people like stuff all cartoony and that's not for me. The mobile graphics like people, horses, mobs and animations all suck. Which makes a lot of sense from a performance standpoint. Anything that moves takes a lot more calculations than stationary things.

That's just the way I like it. I love the way the game looks, and can live with some clunky animations and the like.

Asdar

2 Pages « 1 2 Search