Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,872 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,226,138
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » Anyone notice that the population is going up, quick?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Params7

Spotlight Poster

4/21/13 11:54:28 PM#21
Wow its finally out. Can't wait to play.
  DarthRaiden

Advanced Member

i make art,
till someone dies.

Forum Terrorist

4/22/13 4:52:39 AM#22

Numbers can't define quality.  Take WoW for example..

It just means a bad company with ther dumbed down game survives longer...(if they keep the numbers wich is to doubt given AV's practices and how they will make any customer turn away soon enough)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
$OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Pie_Rat

Advanced Member

4/22/13 4:57:31 AM#23
Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
They will disappear quick when they realize it's half a game.

It's not a game, it's a virtual world.

Mors.Magne

Advanced Member

4/22/13 5:37:36 AM#24

This population spike is causing me problems. Some resources are in short supply (metal, fishing), so I'm having to move out of the starter area.

It's too early to say whether this is going to be a good thing or a bad thing.

MegaD61

Novice Member

4/22/13 5:51:07 AM#25
Originally posted by Mors.Magne

This population spike is causing me problems. Some resources are in short supply (metal, fishing), so I'm having to move out of the starter area.

Lol its a good thing. You are supposed to leave the safe areas.  Thoes resorses mean even more to you if you have to fight for em :)

But sersioulsy if you find the safezones to crouded whatever you do don't just hug the edges.  Leave the safe zones far behind. Its the only way you will ever find some solitude and you might even find someone that has already harvested them for you :)

Wellspring

Apprentice Member

4/22/13 6:17:56 AM#26
Being new to the Darkfall games, it took a little getting used to and a fair number of questions to figure everything out. After getting past the learning curve though, I can say this game is great fun!
  User Deleted
4/22/13 10:31:44 AM#27
Originally posted by MegaD61
Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Lol its a good thing. You are supposed to leave the safe areas.  Thoes resorses mean even more to you if you have to fight for em :)

But sersioulsy if you find the safezones to crouded whatever you do don't just hug the edges.  Leave the safe zones far behind. Its the only way you will ever find some solitude and you might even find someone that has already harvested them for you :)

That's right. Once you give up your fear of getting ganked and leave the green zone, you will have a lot more fun. If you just expect to get ganked, then it will turn out to be an easy run if you don't. And there is no reason you need to be solo now with all the clans that are recruiting. It's not so bitter if you lose a fight with your clannies. Get out of the safe zone and play the game.

Badaboom

Elite Member

4/22/13 10:37:09 AM#28
Its not how many people that Darkfall gets, but how many it keeps that matters. 
  corpusc

Advanced Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

4/22/13 2:11:37 PM#29
Originally posted by gchris7

Originally posted by Purutzil Yes, that is what is called a fresh release. Happens to every single game out there. Its about whether those people stay that really counts.

There is a difference though. DF UW has been in beta for 5 months and almost all of its current population has been in it. The blind hype that a new release brings is almost non existent here.

true.  this IS a very diff situation. 

there was a LOT of anti-hype before the launch, due to the long beta that went very poorly until the last week or 2 where they started to post updates every day and actually change some gameplay issues.  i thought they might have seriously wounded the launch, but apparently the fact that it turned out good in the end is slowly winning over people as word of mouth and videos get spread around

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

Zinzan

Advanced Member

4/23/13 7:08:03 AM#30
Originally posted by Badaboom
Its not how many people that Darkfall gets, but how many it keeps that matters. 

Agreed, and people should remember Steam users are often game hoppers, they buy the new thing, play it for a week and then move on to the next new thing.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search