Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,789,143 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,609
Aventurine SA | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 04/16/13)  | Pub:Aventurine SA
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:$14.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars Forum » General Discussion » New player positive review to Darkfall Unholy Wars

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Azdul

Novice Member

4/22/13 12:46:24 PM#21
Originally posted by Caldrin
I dont like the fact that my skills no longer lvl when im using said skill and then being able to use prowess from woodcutting to put my sowrdskill up is silly..
I know a few people with second accounts that have just left them chopping wood and they ahve made nearly as much pp as their main characters..
Being able to totally max a character is a week is not really a good thing but there we go..

All I want from the leveling system is not punishing the players for playing the game as intended. 

Sure, some will get most of their prowess by digging potatoes in starter city - but at least it's not the best and fastest way to get ahead.

dekon

Novice Member

4/22/13 1:40:16 PM#22

Why is there so much negativity for finally a post that gives this game some positive feedback from a player who's NEW to this hardcore niche game? I'm playing this game right now and its great. Thank you OP for giving this game some praise, I'm tired of people giving this game so much shit. The PvP is fun and the skill ceiling is high which makes this game intriguing in its own right, you learn something new after every time you die. 

Of course every game has its flaws, like balancing the classes and what not. But that can be changed later. Biggest issue for me right now is that clans with a shit ton of members have a major advantage in gaining prowess than small clans. Seeing people with 40k+ prowess in the first 3 days of launch makes the game less appealing to me. However, the majority of the population is at the mean level of prowess aorund 5-10k so that makes me happy. 

Anyways, I hope you keep playing and having fun in DFUW. Kudos to you!

injenu

Novice Member

4/23/13 12:59:24 AM#23

What he wrote is just a reaction to all the negativity spewed about this game coming from players that haven't even played it.

It's like people are threatened by the possibility that after all this time, a game that doesn't look of this generation or even the last, with its rough edges and even harsher world could be actually successful. 

The OP's point was that his experience of DFUW brought back the sense of adventure and real danger in a gaming experience that is so lost in todays MMO's cache. 

This game probably won't be an overwhelming success, but it will attract a lot more players to this type of MMO that one day a fully funded developer will endeavor to use the same mechanics.  And finally us "pre-wow" players will have maybe have one more game to add to the list of classics that we haven't had the opportunity to add to in over a decade. 

Every positive post I've seen about this game has just been raided by a mob of players who either haven't played the game, or have, and just don't understand the meta concept enough to where they would overlook certain imperfections with the game.  That or they can't find a quest giver or a spell bar and just give up... I dunno, and frankly I just don't care because this game has brought back an energy in me to want to log into a game and let chance and the chaos of this world dictate my actions and choices.

DAS1337

Novice Member

4/23/13 1:07:50 AM#24

Oh jeez, lay off the guy.  It's his review.  It doesn't matter whether or not you think it's professional or not.  Some of you need to stop with the elitist MMO gamer BS.  The OP liked the game, do you have a problem with that?  Hey MMOExposed.  Are you paid by competing companies to paint a negative picture towards a game?  That's no different than you sounding the horn on someone who likes a certain game.  Stop acting like you're the king of MMO's, you're not, you're just some guy out there who thinks he knows more than he does.

Let the guy be excited.  If you don't like it, piss off.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search